Channel 8 showing TVB dramas in Cantonese

Raubern

Wow now channel 8 allowed to show HK drama in Cantonese??  Big White Duel 白色强人 will be broadcast in dual language - mandarin and cantonese on Channel 8 from March 18

Means election coming . PAP need votes from old folks... hahah

biocR90.png

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4
  • Haha! 6

Supersonic

First time i see hk drama show on tv in dual language?! How come this hk drama so special de? 🤔

(edited)
1 hour ago, Lotr said:

fwah then those taiwan series also need to be in dual language also

I watch on YouTube in Hokkien, no need to wait for Mediacorpse to decide what languages I can listen to lar.. 

VPN may be required. 

Edited by Volvobrick
  • Praise 1

Time for change. What era already still die die want citizen to listen only to mandarin. 

I don't think the mandarin standard has risen, only our dialects have done down the drain. 

• Praise 9

12 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

Time for change. What era already still die die want citizen to listen only to mandarin. 

I don't think the mandarin standard has risen, only our dialects have done down the drain. 

For cantonese, only need to learn 1 key word

#DLLM

The rest not important

😂😂

• Haha! 9

(edited)

I think its a good start. First they allowed dialect programmes to be shown on Friday mornings. Now they allowed HK shows to be broadcast in its original language during prime time. Maybe next is those long taiwan hokkien shows. The no dialect policy is so outdated

Edited by Raubern
  • Praise 4

8 hours ago, Raubern said:

I think its a good start. First they allowed dialect programmes to be shown on Friday mornings. Now they allowed HK shows to be broadcast in its original language during prime time. Maybe next is those long taiwan hokkien shows. The no dialect policy is so outdated

Especially considering every other mother father language known from annapurna to zanzibar is allowed on tv EXCEPT our real mother tongues 😖

Then wonder why our children seem to worship foreigners...

• Praise 1

I think it's good. The dual language source I think is from the film production company as more languages open to more markets. Maybe digital tv made it easier than analog. It could be advancement of technology. I dont think it has to do with GE cos not majority of ppl watch local tv.

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator
13 hours ago, Raubern said:

Wow now channel 8 allowed to show HK drama in Cantonese??  Big White Duel 白色强人 will be broadcast in dual language - mandarin and cantonese on Channel 8 from March 18

Means election coming . PAP need votes from old folks... hahah

biocR90.png

I think is the technology these days allow us to do so.

31 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

I think it's good. The dual language source I think is from the film production company as more languages open to more markets. Maybe digital tv made it easier than analog. It could be advancement of technology. I dont think it has to do with GE cos not majority of ppl watch local tv.

Dual language broadcast had been around for a long long time. There is no tech problem. 

And  hk and roc dramas already have canto and hokkien audio. So is not a dubbing issue. 

It's all govt policy,  nothing to do with tech.

• Praise 1

56 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Tiongkok only allows 普通話。

家鄉話not allow la

A prc once told me directly when we chatted about our imposed mandarine mother tongue policy and how dialects are banned,   he said. :"shen jing ping!!!"

it's pu tong hua.. NOT mother tongue and he'll never give up his mother tongue... that his mother and ancestors spoke.

Not getting political but there are 2 bad mistakes that LKY made in the past

1. Stop at 2

2. Ban dialects

Now we see the consequences.

↡ Advertisement