2021 Hyundai Elantra / Avante (CN7)

Carbon82

Looks like e new avante quite features packed thus e exp price.. basic aredy come with push start n 8inch headunit.. 

S version got heated seat in front seat while elite got heated seat at both front n back seat. Both S and elite comes with electronic park brake and auto hold, lane dep warning, blind spot assist, etc..

Edited by iceraider
↡ Advertisement

6 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Heated seats are totally useless in Singapore. 

WHo says, its good when you need to make some demanding and noisy people behind shut up...  :D 

• Haha! 1

28 minutes ago, iceraider said:

Looks like e new avante quite features packed thus e exp price.. basic aredy come with push start n 8inch headunit.. 

S version got heated seat in front seat while elite got heated seat at both front n back seat. Both S and elite comes with electronic park brake and auto hold, lane dep warning, blind spot assist, etc..

Ventilated seats right? Not Heated seats I believe. This feature was available in the outgoing Avante Elite version for the first few batches but subsequently removed. 

6 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Heated seats are totally useless in Singapore. 

• Praise 3

11 minutes ago, Spring said:

Ventilated seats right? Not Heated seats I believe. This feature was available in the outgoing Avante Elite version for the first few batches but subsequently removed. 

Duno why they put heated..

Elite has sunroof also plus front n rear parking sensor while S has onli rear parking sensor.

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, CoffeeBreak said:

The pricing for Honda Accord 1.5L turbo is higher than a Camry 2.0 So far saw only one Accord 1.5L turbo on the road.

Same for me. 

Camry wise, majority are from PI - Hybrid variant.

1 hour ago, Cheefarn said:

WHo says, its good when you need to make some demanding and noisy people behind shut up...  :D 

Actually the better feature for this use case is an eject button to throw such passenger(s) out of the sun roof. :D

• Haha! 2

1 hour ago, Spring said:

I think the ventilated seats made a come back in the facelifted Avante Elite (I stand corrected). 

Its easy to make a sweeping statement by stating that last time (like when police wearing shorts time😂) Elantra selling above 100K and now Avante also selling above 100K bla bla bla. In the first place, did you go work out for the car cost of this current model? I did and as below for sharing:

image.png.4fd7f6d65a9bd6126a60ba8c0c2375b3.png

If you wanted to be the pioneer buyer for this new model, its Komoco mark up too much for you? Personally I find pretty reasonable at this stage now. Government has keep reducing COE quotas whereby the car dealers can sell lesser and lesser cars. Ultimately, they would need to up the margin to cover their running costs and keep the business going. Komoco has been one of the most reliable COE bidder among the rest, which is base on my experience. I was promised that this will be the final price, with no further top up even when COE would goes up. Whats the package besides the selling price now? It's 8 years warranty plus 8 years free servicing. This has makes the deal even more value for money. Last but not least, Komoco has been very flexible with buyers. Be it you are first time buying or do not want to trade in your ride with them, no additional add on to the car price like some other dealers. If you find that the price is ex, then don't be the pioneer buyer, and also to wait for the COE to goes down. Simple maths actually. LOL.

Just my 2 cents worth.

• Praise 7

23 hours ago, lun71 said:

Its easy to make a sweeping statement by stating that last time (like when police wearing shorts time😂) Elantra selling above 100K and now Avante also selling above 100K bla bla bla. In the first place, did you go work out for the car cost of this current model? I did and as below for sharing:

If you wanted to be the pioneer buyer for this new model, its Komoco mark up too much for you? Personally I find pretty reasonable at this stage now. Government has keep reducing COE quotas whereby the car dealers can sell lesser and lesser cars. Ultimately, they would need to up the margin to cover their running costs and keep the business going. Komoco has been one of the most reliable COE bidder among the rest, which is base on my experience. I was promised that this will be the final price, with no further top up even when COE would goes up. Whats the package besides the selling price now? It's 8 years warranty plus 8 years free servicing. This has makes the deal even more value for money. Last but not least, Komoco has been very flexible with buyers. Be it you are first time buying or do not want to trade in your ride with them, no additional add on to the car price like some other dealers. If you find that the price is ex, then don't be the pioneer buyer, and also to wait for the COE to goes down. Simple maths actually. LOL.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Don't u think a 26% profit margin is alot for a B n B car? I can accept a 26% profit margin for the Pallisade but not the Advante 

46 minutes ago, Cheefarn said:

Don't u think a 26% profit margin is alot for a B n B car? I can accept a 26% profit margin for the Pallisade but not the Advante 

Actually I'm just wondering if should include COE as cost for dealer? Ultimately COE is paid by buyer, not dealer. 

Effectively the real profit margin is much higher isn't it? Correct me if my thinking is wrong.

(Of course not considering the extreme fluctuation of the COE which dealer will then ask buyer to top-up also, so can technically neglect that as cost)

$26K is the gross margin.

There are other direct costs that erodes that margin, such as the aforesaid extra warranty and free servicing, COE premium (if it goes above the stated $35K), port/transport/storage costs, PDI costs, LTA road tax, local accessories and sales commission. I am sure there are many more that we cannot see. This probably account for a sizeable chunk off that $26K.

Besides that, there is the premise cost/rental, building maintenance, management and staff costs, utilities, inventory costs, advertising and promotion costs, and all the other costs associated with running a business in expensive SG, which can run into the tens of millions annually for a set up like Komoco. Divide that over the number of cars you anticipate to sell, and you would realise its not exactly Boom Town Charlie.

Like i have said before in another post, by the very price sensitive and competitive nature of the motor trade, it is such that you have to fight against the offerings compel every AD to come up with the best deal to sell their cars. Blame it on the high costs of doing business in SG and the limited number of cars that can be sold due to the COE system. 

• Praise 7

22 hours ago, Vegas said:

so strange... everyone expect dealer dun make $? dealership is in biz to make $

VFM? dun drive in SG. 

may be should consider SEAT Toledo, is VFM

make in Europe, conti brand, DSG box, turbo engine with lots of potential boots up.. 

is real conti package as  brand , design, and origin.

not those half half blood mixed.. 🤣

On 9/8/2020 at 9:55 AM, lun71 said:

Just my 2 cents worth.

27k margin for a kimch b&b car is reasonable? damn i wish i can be a sales person and meet people like you on a daily basis! 

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1