2021 Hyundai Elantra / Avante (CN7)

Carbon82

40 minutes ago, ferrytales said:

27k margin for a kimch b&b car is reasonable? damn i wish i can be a sales person and meet people like you on a daily basis! 

show room no need $? inventory no need $? workshop no need $?

they do not aim to be a bnb car. only new entry into auto market wans to be that

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

12 hours ago, Vegas said:

show room no need $? inventory no need $? workshop no need $?

they do not aim to be a bnb car. only new entry into auto market wans to be that

This isn't the first time Hyundai has had this scenario where it did not manage to fulfil the orders it took.

That's why history is such an interesting subject.

Remember the term "marginal buyers". That label set off quite a few members, but when you look closely at the current situation, the ones who didn't get their cars were those who didn't top up, and expected the COE to remain low.

My sympathies but in a limited supply situation, the COE will go to the ones who are willing to pay more. And if topping up is not an option, which is often the case for those who are looking at the entry level or budget end of the spectrum, then someone will be left out.

Blame Hyundai, maybe but everyone went in with their eyes wide open, or at least I hope so...

• Praise 5

Base on your above calculation, I think my bb jap car,AD only earn 5+k from me only.LOL....

On 9/8/2020 at 9:55 AM, lun71 said:

Its easy to make a sweeping statement by stating that last time (like when police wearing shorts time😂) Elantra selling above 100K and now Avante also selling above 100K bla bla bla. In the first place, did you go work out for the car cost of this current model? I did and as below for sharing:

image.png.4fd7f6d65a9bd6126a60ba8c0c2375b3.png

If you wanted to be the pioneer buyer for this new model, its Komoco mark up too much for you? Personally I find pretty reasonable at this stage now. Government has keep reducing COE quotas whereby the car dealers can sell lesser and lesser cars. Ultimately, they would need to up the margin to cover their running costs and keep the business going. Komoco has been one of the most reliable COE bidder among the rest, which is base on my experience. I was promised that this will be the final price, with no further top up even when COE would goes up. Whats the package besides the selling price now? It's 8 years warranty plus 8 years free servicing. This has makes the deal even more value for money. Last but not l

On 9/3/2020 at 11:36 AM, Tazzi80 said:

Just to contribute, I gotten Avante S last year @ 74k, with a 28+k COE. So even with an increase in COE to 35k, the price should have been ard 81k if they keep the profit margin the same.

But the price for the current outgoing is 95k, and the new model is @ 98k (with 10k VES rebate), even with the additional warranty and servicing, or higher 5k OMV for the new model, seems to be very high pricing. They probably price the current outgoing model much higher so that the new Avante doesn't show that big of a jump for new buyers. 

On 9/6/2020 at 12:45 PM, Acegabz said:

Can't wait for the 2021 Tucson. Initial renderings look amazing..

u are expecting a lot from the same designers for avante + sonata.

53 minutes ago, Sktan10 said:

Base on your above calculation, I think my bb jap car,AD only earn 5+k from me only.LOL....

If not mistaken, the lowest price ever for the outgoing Avante S was low $70k, the profit margin was also below $10k easily.

From time to time, almost all ADs have periods where they sell with small margins eg end of life models, support from Principal (recent Volvo promo during CB was such case), clear stock etc. So your timing has to be good, catch it and u got yourself a good deal. Komoco is no different, they hv sold their Avantes and other models at low margins as well but of course not every month. Follow the prices, be patient and who knows, u could buy an Avante at low margins but when it comes u hv to be decisive and swift as likely for limited period, limited stocks. 

• Praise 5

2 minutes ago, Spring said:

If not mistaken, the lowest price ever for the outgoing Avante S was low $70k, the profit margin was also below $10k easily.

From time to time, almost all ADs have periods where they sell with small margins eg end of life models, support from Principal (recent Volvo promo during CB was such case), clear stock etc. So your timing has to be good, catch it and u got yourself a good deal. Komoco is no different, they hv sold their Avantes and other models at low margins as well but of course not every month. Follow the prices, be patient and who know, u could buy and Avante at low margins but when it comes u hv to be decisive and swift as likely for limited period, limited stocks. 

You know the problem is, when a company gives discount, it could be a one off, or simply clearing stock etc... but then buyers Expect this kind of deal as a standard.

They don't care if the company can't make the margins to keep a healthy overhead for all the reasons already mentioned. This price is what they Must get.

If not the company is chao greedy.... 

What if someone insists you give a discount on your own home / other item one is selling, then that's a no no. But most folks are salarymen, so the whole P&L thing is not something they want or need to know... herein lies the disconnect.. 😞

• Praise 3

Just saying...

When job losses occur, those who did not get their COEs maybe quietly grateful... suddenly they have saved more than 100k... yep, that 'basic' car will cost more than twice the sticker price by the time you scrape it... 

36 minutes ago, therock said:

You know the problem is, when a company gives discount, it could be a one off, or simply clearing stock etc... but then buyers Expect this kind of deal as a standard.

They don't care if the company can't make the margins to keep a healthy overhead for all the reasons already mentioned. This price is what they Must get.

What if someone insists you give a discount on your own home / other item one is selling, then that's a no no. But most folks are salarymen, so the whole P&L thing is not something they want or need to know... herein lies the disconnect.. 😞

If u recall, I posted something similar last week or so ie Komoco yo-yo pricing strategy n my conclusion was same as yours. They sold at low margins before n so that is the benchmark on most buyers mind. Raise the price and they are branded as unethical, unfair, pui pui pui etc. To be fair, Komoco got themselves to be blamed partially due to the inconsistent pricing. Don't think any b&b AD price their cars this way so they reap what they sow but I've also defended them as well as they are not as bad as portrayed. 

There are hundreds of satisfied Hyundai buyers which unfortunately don't come back here to praise them when they got their cars at low margins. Those that were unsuccessful with their COE bids shouted loud and clear which is their prerogative of course, so those of us in the know try to balance the arguments out so forumers can decide for themselves after hearing both sides of the argument. Again I say, be patient n u could get an Avante with low margins later on.   

• Praise 8

16 minutes ago, Spring said:

If u recall, I posted something similar last week or so ie Komoco yo-yo pricing strategy n my conclusion was same as yours. They sold at low margins before n so that is the benchmark on most buyers mind. Raise the price and they are branded as unethical, unfair, pui pui pui etc. To be fair, Komoco got themselves to be blamed partially due to the inconsistent pricing. Don't think any b&b AD price their cars this way so they reap what they sow but I've also defended them as well as they are not as bad as portrayed. 

There are hundreds of satisfied Hyundai buyers which unfortunately don't come back here to praise them when they got their cars at low margins. Those that were unsuccessful with their COE bids shouted loud and clear which is their prerogative of course, so those of us in the know try to balance the arguments out so forumers can decide for themselves after hearing both sides of the argument. Again I say, be patient n u could get an Avante with low margins later on.   

Couldn't agree more to that statement. I got my Hyundai at what I thought was an acceptable margin, and secured my delivery after the first bid of the 6-bid NG deal at a realistic COE rebate level (this part is often overlooked by buyers and they instead choose to blame the SE for their confident sales pitch "sure get one lah!"). After I collected it, the last few cars sold were priced higher despite a slightly lower COE and it being an outgoing model, so yes, inconsistent. But in no way was that unethical as many portray it to be. It's a business and the relationship between buyer and seller is purely transactional. 

From the many posts here and in the COE thread, it was evident that at least 3 other big ADs failed to deliver their CB promo cars, but for some reason Komoco seems to receive the most flak. At least one buyer here secured his COE and will get his Hyundai after topping up. I have said this before in another post, but there are so many factors and strategies the AD considers before bidding or not bidding for a customer. They stand to lose more if they end up not bidding because; 1. they are unable to put the car on the road and 2. the upset customer will never go back to them anymore. 

• Praise 4

2 hours ago, Spring said:

From time to time, almost all ADs have periods where they sell with small margins eg end of life models, support from Principal (recent Volvo promo during CB was such case), clear stock etc. So your timing has to be good, catch it and u got yourself a good deal. Komoco is no different, they hv sold their Avantes and other models at low margins as well but of course not every month. Follow the prices, be patient and who knows, u could buy an Avante at low margins but when it comes u hv to be decisive and swift as likely for limited period, limited stocks. 

AD profit if too high especially BB car will make you lose alot when  coming  to sell car  later on cos most second hand dealer only take in paper value only.

50 minutes ago, Sktan10 said:

AD profit if too high especially BB car will make you lose alot when  coming  to sell car  later on cos most second hand dealer only take in paper value only.

Sell at scrap is the norm for all makes and models now.

Everyone is expected to drive the car for a full 10 yrs if not longer... else your annual dep will be staggering 

4 hours ago, therock said:

How true, especially the last para 👍

People see the $27K, take out calculator and start multiplying by the number of cars sold per month, and think the AD makes millions. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

22 hours ago, Contipro said:

may be should consider SEAT Toledo, is VFM

make in Europe, conti brand, DSG box, turbo engine with lots of potential boots up.. 

is real conti package as  brand , design, and origin.

not those half half blood mixed.. 🤣

Please dont flog a dead horse...that car has been there since 2012. A Fit sounds better and looks better, both the new and the older 2014 version.

If you really want one, there is one with diesel power at lower depre than new.

But no horse run for Ibiza or other Seat models.

11 hours ago, therock said:

Blame Hyundai, maybe but everyone went in with their eyes wide open, or at least I hope so...

nail it.

ng-coe means ng. if want, take G-COE.

really want a good deal in terms of low margin for dealers? go find when is their FY closing. this will help you squeeze the price if they are pushing for sales. must know ad fy closing n manufacturers fy closing

if the dealers dun get you, the coe may...

• Praise 2

10 hours ago, Vegas said:

nail it.

ng-coe means ng. if want, take G-COE.

really want a good deal in terms of low margin for dealers? go find when is their FY closing. this will help you squeeze the price if they are pushing for sales. must know ad fy closing n manufacturers fy closing

if the dealers dun get you, the coe may...

Actually you guys can import your own car. The exact procedures are listed in onemotoring. The savings can be substantial. 

And you can have the exact specs, colors, models you want and not KPKB over here that we sinkies are always being shortchanged with overpriced empty shells and the weakest and oldest engine options that manufacturer have for that model. Nor do you have to settle for rental car grade model and then keep trying to to convince others why it is as good as the max spec model despite having rows of blank plastics cut outs on the dash and 3 full manual aircon knobs  :D 

↡ Advertisement