2021 Hyundai Elantra / Avante (CN7)

Carbon82

11 hours ago, teomingern said:

May not be fair to VW lar... there are many happy owners who experience zero issues I am sure...

You can be sure that the Principal would have trained the technicians to fix any new features they introduce. Sometimes issues arise which are not in the manual cos they haven't been seen before, so some time is needed to collate enough data in order to find out how to fix it especially if it is an intermittent issue...

Yes, I have a colleague who had 2 VWs without a single issue. One relative had 2 VWs, both were towed before till he gave up and moved on to the pointed star brand. Another colleague similarly had many issues with his VW Jetta, sold it off for a Hyundai Tucson and never looked back.

I hope so. My service experience with them so far have been a hit and miss so far. Only the first service was impressive. Second and third, I think there are room for improvements. But I wont be over particular here and the overall service experience should not be benchmarked against premium brands.

↡ Advertisement

4 hours ago, colorfulmouse said:

this is a complete disgrace. they want to scringe even the smallest of profit by removing small value stuffs like ambient lighting? info screen also give small one.

can't they atleast leave the sound? that one also change to inhouse.

what a disappointment for that price.

I think the car stereo is still factory fitted. There is an option to get the Avante with a 8" head unit too.

Ambient lighting might add on to OMV and KMC might think that it does not bring value to customers, and hence, decides to take it away. 

18 hours ago, teomingern said:

May not be fair to VW lar... there are many happy owners who experience zero issues I am sure...

You can be sure that the Principal would have trained the technicians to fix any new features they introduce. Sometimes issues arise which are not in the manual cos they haven't been seen before, so some time is needed to collate enough data in order to find out how to fix it especially if it is an intermittent issue...

I believe any make/model sure have some people have bad expeience and some have zero issues de. Even the so called reliable toyota, also would have people experience issues. Many times really depends on luck. Lol.

On 9/16/2020 at 1:03 AM, Ahtea said:

Coming from a previous Japanese car owner, and someone who used to shun Korean cars, I think I must agree, Korean car makers have came a far way. I was quite impressed with the build of the outgoing AD Elantra/Avante. 

After getting it, my friend who was also all along a Toyota Camry owner, sat in my car once, and he too go converted to get the Avante. 

I think if you are looking solely at prices and features, yes, Korean cars are value for money. Reliability wise, I guess I need to really own the car for a few more years to compare and comment. 

Are they good? Well, I think they are decent. 

Are they value for money? Yes, before. But with the pricing for the new Avante, I think they lost a little on the price edge. But yes, you still get more features for the same price, but not much buyers actually go to that level of details. Pricing is the first thing which will send them to or away the showroom. 

My 2 cents worth. 

haha camry -> avante. mid sized to compact sedan.

Definite downgrade lah. But save money also. Even if we are talking about previous generation camry to the exiting avante.

Your kar cheng 1st sit inside the seat already feel the difference. Don't even need the car to move.
Other than the infotainment system, cabin aesthetics, comfort, ride, NVH, handling totally different.

10 hours ago, Ahtea said:

Yes, I have a colleague who had 2 VWs without a single issue. One relative had 2 VWs, both were towed before till he gave up and moved on to the pointed star brand. Another colleague similarly had many issues with his VW Jetta, sold it off for a Hyundai Tucson and never looked back.

I hope so. My service experience with them so far have been a hit and miss so far. Only the first service was impressive. Second and third, I think there are room for improvements. But I wont be over particular here and the overall service experience should not be benchmarked against premium brands.

Wait till you experience first hand, the after sales service at  the Hyundai agent, Komoco Motors.

Try booking a service date via the phone. nobody picks up the phone. And there's no options to book online.

Anyone who wants to buy a Hyundai, best to send for servicing outside.

• Praise 1

On 9/16/2020 at 11:48 PM, Ahtea said:

1 reason why i held back when i saw the new Avante, was not solely the price. But I feel the competency of the service center to rectify "high tech" cars, might not be there.

You are absolutely spot on.

On 9/16/2020 at 6:04 PM, teomingern said:

They have international brochures which show everything... and local brochures which are probably not ready yet... waiting to coincide with official launch I think... the local brochures are the ones to get... when new model comes in, it always international brochures first... so take what you see with a large dose of salt...

A lot of the gadgets and accessories from the international version had been removed, which I suppose is to keep the OMV low.

47 minutes ago, Vinceng said:

Wait till you experience first hand, the after sales service at  the Hyundai agent, Komoco Motors.

Try booking a service date via the phone. nobody picks up the phone. And there's no options to book online.

Servicing schedule is not an issue for me since I am on their premium package. 

58 minutes ago, Ahtea said:

Servicing schedule is not an issue for me since I am on their premium package. 

What benefits do you get with a premium package?

I owned a MK5 Jetta and after one year, the gear issue got juddering issue...Usually in the 1st and 2nd gear...Was recalled to upgrade software etc but issue still persisted.. Decided to sell off

Yes agree, additional features will increase the OMV. Referring to the A and S variation of the new Avante, in fact the OMV is about $19k...Any add-on will easily exceeds $20k and down payment will be 40% instead of 30%. Of cos Elite model already exceeded the $20k OMV.

3 hours ago, Vinceng said:

hmm no lah. Just book via your SE. just drop WA message. they will usually do on spot for you. 
And the only time i called in, i got through leh. 
But my last free servicing is over. No more liao.

1 hour ago, Vinceng said:

What benefits do you get with a premium package?

A dedicated number to call for service booking, separate waiting area or service reception when you send your car in.

Mine came together with the package when I got my ride. 

4 hours ago, Vinceng said:

Agreed

19 hours ago, colorfulmouse said:

this is a complete disgrace. they want to scringe even the smallest of profit by removing small value stuffs like ambient lighting? info screen also give small one.

can't they atleast leave the sound? that one also change to inhouse.

what a disappointment for that price.

image.thumb.png.6905dbebacd09192471292c657c7ac74.pngIs 

Is this the HU you guys saw in the local market Elite? If so its still from the factory la. But its  a low end version. The buttons and that vol knob looks very early 2000s though. 

↡ Advertisement