2021 Hyundai Elantra / Avante (CN7)

Carbon82

1 hour ago, mikk123 said:

Hyundai wants to look high class and expensive.... maybe another decade. Sales confirm drop. 

I think their quantity and equipment is on par with MIJ and better than those MIT.

Just that local AD still bring in the older engine model and lower spec is piss off.

And for those think Hyundai and Kia still not good. Still staying in a well.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4
  • Haha! 1

Actually, yeah, quality of Korean cars are good liao.

Yeah and Komocco prob dun bring in the best speced ones. Cant blame them as high specs means more cost.

Plus in Asian context, Japs always superior. And thus japs needs little marketing to sell.

Hyundai wont lose sleep over small Singapore market ultimately. They say u want good products, pay for it. Simple. Hard truth.

Anyway, cant fault komocco, they did their best bring in the elantras, avantes, spec them so well and priced them so well. But perhaps they cant forever maintain low omvs liao.

1 hour ago, Tohto said:

I think their quantity and equipment is on par with MIJ and better than those MIT.

Just that local AD still bring in the older engine model and lower spec is piss off.

In terms of features, i find korean car is even better than some of the MIT car.

1 hour ago, Tohto said:

No only consumers, but Jap AD as well. 

• Haha! 1

2 hours ago, Tohto said:

The new Avante CN7 is still using the old engine? Same gamma engine carried over from the current Avante? 

30 minutes ago, Vinceng said:

The new Avante CN7 is still using the old engine? Same gamma engine carried over from the current Avante? 

i think is Gamma 2 engine right? The Smartstream engine since is using hyundai own cvt 

11 hours ago, Tohto said:

Quality is catching up certainly. The new CN7 comes with a newer engine.

10 hours ago, Ahtea said:

Quality is catching up certainly. The new CN7 comes with a newer engine.

Dont know about the quality but design definitely has improved a lot. This new avante interior design is quite nice and stylish, resemblance like the mazda 3.

On 10/6/2020 at 10:07 AM, mikk123 said:

Hyundai wants to look high class and expensive.... maybe another decade. Sales confirm drop. 

in my opnion the Avante branding is certainly heading in the right direction. It's being slowly steered into almost luxury class standard. the design is fantastic, the features are great. Korean reliability is getting much much better and it's now almost debatable if it's just as good as MIJ or better.

Avante has still alot of plastics on the interior but i think in a decade time, it will stabalize as a brand just a notch below luxury and it will be out of range for most people.

i think you basing your opinion on what our AD brings, which is subpar and old engine with many features taken out. which is true. but we are slowly see this change.

Edited by colorfulmouse
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

My honest review on Elantra & Avante from Gen 6 onwards have all the boxes checked. I am not comparing to how fast 0-100km/h, torque, spirited control, performance or TC.

As a B&B daily car usage, I found Hyundai has done a really good job over the last decade. The engine has been refined, reliable, cabin insulation improved, frugal FC, easy and cheap to maintain, almost ideal car for a family of 5pax. I have been driving my elantra for 2yrs and comply to road speed limit, I feel there is a little of luxury and enjoy the quiet cabin on the road. Of course, my tire is comfort type and my acceleration has been linear (no heavy footer). My next objective is to change the leather to quality type from jackspeed.

Overall, I have no regret driving a korea car. Admire the improvement, and now on a par with the Toyota Altis 

• Praise 1

21 minutes ago, Tcx607 said:

My next objective is to change the leather to quality type from jackspeed.

Yes, give the stock faux leather (PVC) seats a change to genuine leather. It's less hot to the touch when parked under the sun.

Hyundai Avante CN7 unveiled at Komoco Motors.

What are see is the basic trim which Komoco has ceased sales. They now sell only the mid range S trim ($100,000 / $9,500 annual dep) and the top end Elite trim ($107,000 / $10,200 annual dep). Both cars scrap value are $5,000, due to CEVS. 

image.png.47d87b1de6f289ea3d86c16dc098f1d5.png

image.png.889788c1ea3b5d8b0dc6bbd83b0beff8.png

image.thumb.png.f7abbbaffe19fc3b16930a5f9082664f.png 

Edited by Vinceng
  • Praise 2

2 hours ago, PaulMeng said:

First and 2nd shipment of New avante 2021 all fully booked.. sales looks good for the new Avante !!

Yea, yesterday when i went over to see the car again while waiting for my ride to be service, saw at least 2 customers signing up for the car.

I guess the demand is still quite strong for the Avante.

↡ Advertisement