2021 Hyundai Elantra / Avante (CN7)

Carbon82

What I heard is the new Avante CN7 is using a "new" gamma engine (not an entirely brand new engine) which is actually an improved & tweaked version of the existing gamma engine which has been used on Elantra models over the past decade. Can anyone confirm?  

↡ Advertisement

13 minutes ago, Vinceng said:

Hyundai Avante CN7 unveiled at Komoco Motors.

What are see is the basic trim which Komoco has ceased sales. They now sell only the mid range S trim ($100,000 / $9,500 annual dep) and the top end Elite trim ($107,000 / $10,200 annual dep). Both cars scrap value are $5,000, due to CEVS. 

image.png.47d87b1de6f289ea3d86c16dc098f1d5.png

image.png.889788c1ea3b5d8b0dc6bbd83b0beff8.png

image.thumb.png.f7abbbaffe19fc3b16930a5f9082664f.png 

The above is basic trim? The rims is ugly and the speedo meter and the dashboard also not nice. Must buy the higher spec then looks nice. Lol. Also what is this colour? Dont looks nice. 

21 minutes ago, Vinceng said:

What are see is the basic trim which Komoco has ceased sales. They now sell only the mid range S trim ($100,000 / $9,500 annual dep) and the top end Elite trim ($107,000 / $10,200 annual dep). Both cars scrap value are $5,000, due to CEVS. 

This Trim looks terrible. should be the lowest trim which komoco are not selling now. Can someone post the elite trim?

Edited by PaulMeng

12 minutes ago, Vinceng said:

What I heard is the new Avante CN7 is using a "new" gamma engine (not an entirely brand new engine) which is actually an improved & tweaked version of the existing gamma engine which has been used on Elantra models over the past decade. Can anyone confirm?  

if MPI version i believe is tweak further for perfection.

if DPI version  that would be welcome if this what offer by kmc.. 

hope any bro who visited kmc can share.

13 minutes ago, PaulMeng said:

This Trim looks terrible. should be the lowest trim which komoco are not selling now. Can someone post the elite trim?

This is the Elite trim which costs $15,000 more than the basic trim.

image.thumb.png.029ded4cf9d269edfccaeae2cca578ed.png

• Praise 1

31 minutes ago, Vinceng said:

It is an entirely new engine Gamma 2 engine and also IVT transmission. acceleration is better, lower fuel consumption as well. 

29 minutes ago, Vinceng said:

This is the Elite trim which costs $15,000 more than the basic trim.

image.thumb.png.029ded4cf9d269edfccaeae2cca578ed.png

I

looks like Singapore market have been short changed again... SG elite model not that elite model I see on the youtube.

The model in korea has the perfect center console and speedometer looks.

Singapore elite model center console have buttons and the speedometer not nice as well. so ugly!!!

Korea model.jpg

Edited by PaulMeng

19 minutes ago, PaulMeng said:

looks like Singapore market have been short changed again... SG elite model not that elite model I see on the youtube.

The model in korea has the perfect center console and speedometer looks.

Singapore elite model center console have buttons and the speedometer not nice as well. so ugly!!!

Korea model.jpg

Good spot @PaulMeng

Taking a closer look - it seems like the head unit in SG may be a local installation.  Note that there are silver buttons and a volume knob in the centre console below the head unit in the Korean version (which is probably factory installed given the buttons in the centre console), as compared to the Singapore version which has the volume knobs and buttons all within the head unit housing. 

Should ask the SE at KM to confirm if head unit is factory installed or local installation (to the degree this matters to the relevant buyer). 

1 hour ago, Vinceng said:

Did they have any demo units for S and Elite trims? Brochure didnt list the difference between this 2 trims.

We have the world's most expensive car price but yet the equipment levels don't correlate to the high selling price. Thanks to how our Gov structure it. Even our neighbours have better trim and even selling the latest Sonata soon.

Edited by Heartbreakid

6 minutes ago, fungyee77 said:

Good spot @PaulMeng

Taking a closer look - it seems like the head unit in SG may be a local installation.  Note that there are silver buttons and a volume knob in the centre console below the head unit in the Korean version (which is probably factory installed given the buttons in the centre console), as compared to the Singapore version which has the volume knobs and buttons all within the head unit housing. 

Should ask the SE at KM to confirm if head unit is factory installed or local installation (to the degree this matters to the relevant buyer). 

The smaller headunit is not locally fitted - the full 10.25" headunit is an optional option which Komoco didnt include in Elite or S trim.

Large-40472-WirelessAppleCarPlay-2021Ela

• Praise 1

9 minutes ago, Heartbreakid said:

We have the world's most expensive car price but yet the equipment levels don't correlate to the high selling price. Thanks to how our Gov structure it. Even our neighbours have better trim and even selling the latest Sonata soon.

Gov structure? Can explain more?

I am always pissed off by the trim we have in Singapore, always not the full spec one... even our new TNGA Altis also selling full spec price but not full spec equipments.

Edited by PaulMeng

30 minutes ago, PaulMeng said:

Gov structure? Can explain more?

I am always pissed off by the trim we have in Singapore, always not the full spec one... even our new TNGA Altis also selling full spec price but not full spec equipments.

Needless for me to explain. LTA has it. It is just to discourage people from buying car and crowd the road that's it.

Edited by Heartbreakid

lol honestly it's just another B&B compact sedan to me.
I much prefer my 2018 elantra with a 7.7k annual depre instead haha. Well maybe everything except the non leather covered steering wheel. [laugh] And maybe blindspot monitoring.  

Cos probably i care more about rear torsion beam + same (whatever they call updated) engine. 

2 hours ago, Vinceng said:

53 minutes ago, Ceecookie said:

Did they have any demo units for S and Elite trims? Brochure didnt list the difference between this 2 trims.

Go to sgcarmart search avante 2020 u can compare the difference liao 

S vs Elite

Halogen vs LED 

16" vs 17"

No sunroof vs Yes to sunroof

Driver Electric seat vs Driver electric seat + passenger electric seat and driver memory seat

No ventilated seat vs Yes to front n rear Ventilated seat

No smart cruise control vs Yes to smart cruise control with stop n go

• Praise 2

2 hours ago, Vinceng said:

SmartStream Gamma II. This engine is already used on the Venue and the AD Avante in Korea (if i am not mistaken) - technically yes, this is not a brand new engine. 

But this is definitely not the same Gama I engine seen in our AD Avante in Singapore.