2021 Hyundai Elantra / Avante (CN7)

Carbon82

5 hours ago, Vinceng said:

This is the Elite trim which costs $15,000 more than the basic trim.

image.thumb.png.029ded4cf9d269edfccaeae2cca578ed.png

the HU is really not nice for the Elite trim and for that price. Looks so dated and terrible. Why can't they just keep the stylish HU which is available everywhere else.

Cant understand why short change us on the HU which spoils the whole cockpit like design which is actually really great.
Feddup.

↡ Advertisement

5 hours ago, Heartbreakid said:

It's a new engine with dual port injection.

New fascia, new engine... but it's still a NA engine producing less than 130 hp... and cost a ton more... 

But if the shipment is sold out, I guess there are plenty of fans...

8 minutes ago, colorfulmouse said:

the HU is really not nice for the Elite trim and for that price. Looks so dated and terrible. Why can't they just keep the stylish HU which is available everywhere else.

Cant understand why short change us on the HU which spoils the whole cockpit like design which is actually really great.
Feddup.

Like some of us have mentioned, our Elite trim is really not the top trim like the Korean model. Probably in Korea, this is more of the "S" trim. In the Korean market, the high spec model have both screens that are flush fitting and they are bigger too without the border like what our "Elite" is having.

39 minutes ago, therock said:

New fascia, new engine... but it's still a NA engine producing less than 130 hp... and cost a ton more... 

But if the shipment is sold out, I guess there are plenty of fans...

Am very impressed with the active safety features, to be frank. 

These are features that come standard for a $100k car that's not standard on the $250k E class, 5 series and A6 !  Even if you want to top up for this, need to special indent which will typically take a few months and SEs will try to discourage you by telling you that you will not qualify for any of the special offers or discounts they are running (which means that the effective top up is significantly more than the sticker price of the option pack). 

Plus the head unit / leather seats are factory installed and looks decent.

And the design inside and out is class leading, to my eyes.  

Hats off to Hyundai leading the charge on features.  

Based on above, I can certainly see why its selling well. 

Edited by fungyee77
  • Praise 2

25 minutes ago, colorfulmouse said:

Feddup.

at least is bigger than expected at 8inch size.

much bigger than those still on 2DIN format.

Edited by Contipro

6 hours ago, Lala81 said:

lol honestly it's just another B&B compact sedan to me.
I much prefer my 2018 elantra with a 7.7k annual depre instead haha. Well maybe everything except the non leather covered steering wheel. [laugh] And maybe blindspot monitoring.  

Cos probably i care more about rear torsion beam + same (whatever they call updated) engine. 

I still find the 2016-2018 elantra design looks nicer. This new avante doesnt looks that nice le, maybe due to it is a basic trim?! The rims and size of the tyre already spoilt  the overall look.

8 hours ago, Contipro said:

if MPI version i believe is tweak further for perfection.

if DPI version  that would be welcome if this what offer by kmc.. 

hope any bro who visited kmc can share.

It is the dual port injection variant. Same engine as what we see on Venue. Not the same as the outgoing Avante AD. 

10 hours ago, Vinceng said:

This is the Elite trim which costs $15,000 more than the basic trim.

image.thumb.png.029ded4cf9d269edfccaeae2cca578ed.png

What the hell even the HU is not the best spec one? The 2 screen looks damn awkward and ugly man.

Was actually deciding to buy elite but after seeing this 2 weird ass screen, don't think I'm going to commit already.

Elite is not event the top range at all lol

Neutral Newbie

Hello all, new car buyer here interested in the CN7. On sgcarmart website it states that this car has a 10k rebate on VES. Has this been factored into the price of 99,999 for the S model? Or does it mean it'll cost 89,999 after the 10k rebate?

Many thanks!

The $10K VES is used to offset the scrap value (PARF), so you get lower scrap value.

The OMV of the Elite is $19,000.

If there is no VES, your PARF would be $9,500 at the end of the 10th year.

But the $10,000 VES is now deducted from the $19,000 OMV, hence are left with $9,000. Hence PARF is 50% of thee $9,000 = $4,500.

VES benefits the car distributor, not the car buyer. Savings are never passed on to the car buyer.

• Praise 2

9 hours ago, Xxtrem3 said:

What the hell even the HU is not the best spec one? The 2 screen looks damn awkward and ugly man.

This is the flushed HU (red arrow) that other countries are getting for the Elite model. The one offered in S'pore is the one found in the mid range S variant in other countries.

image.png.b8c01a7cf0c993b07e060d0bfeb9ed7e.png

The lower end HU offered in the Elite variant in S'pore

image.png.2979e265faeb9b74c05e2d7f911e7c60.png

Edited by Vinceng

4 hours ago, Vinceng said:

This is the flushed HU (red arrow) that other countries are getting for the Elite model. The one offered in S'pore is the one found in the mid range S variant in other countries.

Even the dashboard is different from other countries. From the introduction video, other countries should be getting a real flushed dashboard showing great display information. How come Singapore one looks like placing a cheap LCD screen behind a holder then stick it to the car?

36 minutes ago, Silverkris said:

Even the dashboard is different from other countries. From the introduction video, other countries should be getting a real flushed dashboard showing great display information. How come Singapore one looks like placing a cheap LCD screen behind a holder then stick it to the car?

Probably to reduce cost. Cos the taxes will be higher if the OMV is high.

The Elite is now selling $107K. If you get the full specs Elite that other countries get, it would sell for easily $120K inclusive taxes.

Who would pay $120K for a bread and butter Korean car with $5K PARF (scrap value)?

Edited by Vinceng

5 hours ago, Vinceng said:

may be can buy from taobao the replacement of better look

Actually to be honest, it's not KMC does not want to bring in the full spec, they are hindered by our OMV and COE regulations. Above $20k OMV got to down 40%. Its not KMC who sets this regulation wor.

If we can be like other countries where regulations are more flexible or not that restricted, as a first world country we will definitely get what a first world country and citizens should get!

Edited by Hreidi17
  • Praise 1

Hello brother and sister

I am struggling between this new avante and kia gt line. The selling price different is around 6k and the perf value is 4.5k and 9.5k different also. Anyone can enlighten me and share your point of view if you in my shoes.

Thanks and regard

↡ Advertisement