2021 Hyundai Elantra / Avante (CN7)

Carbon82

7 hours ago, Vinceng said:

Irregardless, $100K for a 1.6L  bread and butter Korean car is way overpriced. Komoco is testing waters to raise it's price structure. Gone will be the days of budget Korean cars.

sorry but i nowadays don't tend to agree that korean car especially the avante branding is b&b car. It's moving towards the upper range. which is actually great.

this is just my opinion but perhaps the basic and 'S' trim should be considered budget and with features removed. the elite version should have the FULL range for buyers to experience Avante. right now, the elite range console dashboard with the hideous looking HU is a complete disgrace for the price point. 

Even if you look past the flaws and get the Elite version, it's still not even close to the best variant available elsewhere.

In my opinion, those looking for afforadable b&b for this avante should be the basic and 'S' variant.
buyers should have the option- those who are willing to spend upwards of 120-130k - to purchase the Elite variant to have the complete Avante experience.

it's frustrating as it actually is a fantastic looking car inside and outside but in SG we get the half arsed version of it.

Edited by colorfulmouse
↡ Advertisement

19 hours ago, kaposama said:

Hello brother and sister

I am struggling between this new avante and kia gt line. The selling price different is around 6k and the perf value is 4.5k and 9.5k different also. Anyone can enlighten me and share your point of view if you in my shoes.

Thanks and regard

New Avante for me, simply because of the newer engine with IVT. i currently own the GT line but it has a weak engine (more than 10 years old), no power. but on the outlook is really a very nice looking car. the interior is also really good.

The newer Avante with newer engine should have much better throttle response and better FC - maybe those who have test drove the new avante can clarify this point.

Interior wise if you can get past the frustration that you are not getting the full range of features of avante, then i think Avante is a very good car.
Both are equally great but the newer engine with IVT of Avante just about edges it for me.

• Praise 2

6 hours ago, Hreidi17 said:

Hmm just to share..actually, comparing to my previous car, ignore the engine and make, in terms of features, the new CN7 is actually comparable or slightly better... in fact all the safety features on CN7 have it on my previous ride.. Furthermore it also has rear aircon, dual climate control, digital speedometer which my previous one don't have..comfort wise actually this morning I took a grab and so happen it was the same make so I actually experienced it as a passenger as all along I was the driver..i felt that the comfort level as a passenger is no inferior either..So my point here is Hyundai is nowhere inferior to all these luxurious makes..It's just people's perception

So i presume, you closed 2 eyes and told your SE... "Give me 1!!!"

25 minutes ago, colorfulmouse said:

sorry but i nowadays don't tend to agree that korean car especially the avante branding is b&b car. It's moving towards the upper range. which is actually great.

this is just my opinion but perhaps the basic and 'S' trim should be considered budget and with features removed. the elite version should have the FULL range for buyers to experience Avante. right now, the elite range console dashboard with the hideous looking HU is a complete disgrace for the price point. 

Even if you look past the flaws and get the Elite version, it's still not even close to the best variant available elsewhere.

In my opinion, those looking for afforadable b&b for this avante should be the basic and 'S' variant.
buyers should have the option- those who are willing to spend upwards of 120-130k - to purchase the Elite variant to have the complete Avante experience.

it's frustrating as it actually is a fantastic looking car inside and outside but in SG we get the half arsed version of it.

haha any car that slaps a 1.6L NA engine is a B&B car in Singapore imo no matter how much they try to market it. 

Complete Avante experience to me is the N-Line. 😁

• Praise 1

Thank you all the bro for comment on my question, btw the basic model already finish on wednesday, the day that the car appear in showroom, left only the S and elite model. I was there and i saw many ppl confirming.

3 hours ago, colorfulmouse said:

New Avante for me, simply because of the newer engine with IVT. i currently own the GT line but it has a weak engine (more than 10 years old), no power. but on the outlook is really a very nice looking car. the interior is also really good.

The newer Avante with newer engine should have much better throttle response and better FC - maybe those who have test drove the new avante can clarify this point.

Interior wise if you can get past the frustration that you are not getting the full range of features of avante, then i think Avante is a very good car.
Both are equally great but the newer engine with IVT of Avante just about edges it for me.

At 100k its extremely overpriced.

They would have been better off cooking (raising prices) the crab (consumers) alive slowly than placing a crab in hot water immediately. They would have been able to avoid this situation then, given that the preceding model was much cheaper.

Actually I will not pay 100k for any C segment car, be it Conti, Jap or Korean.

Bring the heat on, $60k MIC cars here I come.

And sad to say, Komoco is very slow (given that Korean= modern) in adopting safety features for their cars.

Even BM had beaten them by almost half a year in bringing in AEB while MI did it in 2018 for the whole range.  

• Praise 3

Lets put things into perspective. You mean the smaller screen is such a deal breaker? 

How about the rest of the car? The engineering that went into making this a better car, the styling, the comfort, the materials, the drive, the safety features, the claimed improvement in power and economy? All pales in comparison to a screen that's a couple of inches short?

All it takes for a car manufacturer to sell you guys a car is a big screen? 

I mean, it's like you found a nice sweet girl who is pretty and has a good personality and ideal wife material, but you are not marrying her cos she wears B-cup and not C! 

Maybe it's just me, but how a car feels on the road is far more important. No point having a nice big screen if the car doesn't perform to your expectations. We don't stare at the screen all day long, and after awhile the novelty of all these gizmos wears off too. 

• Praise 7
  • Haha! 1

I totally agree with Toeknee! Do we always stare at the screen? Most of the time we are driving and what matters most is the comfort and safety this car can bring. I think we should not because of the screen then condemn the whole car. Rather should view it as an overall package. I strongly believe after a while will get used to it and we will appreciate the drive feel more. 🙂

• Praise 1

Well tbh bro, when I saw this car initially, I was already love at first sight! Heh

Thereafter analysing cost vs benefits, wants vs needs, I decided to just let go of my previous ride and straight away decided firmly that CN7 is the next one for me! I was so into this car that I handed over my previous car early to KMC, knowing that I will be car-less for quite some time.

That's why now, knowing that collection is drawing near...It gets me so excited! Heh

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Hreidi17 said:

I totally agree with Toeknee! Do we always stare at the screen? Most of the time we are driving and what matters most is the comfort and safety this car can bring. I think we should not because of the screen then condemn the whole car. Rather should view it as an overall package. I strongly believe after a while will get used to it and we will appreciate the drive feel more. 🙂

not true as some is rather prefer cosmetic and  look than car driving feel . 

• Praise 1

And now can see more and more get obsessed with soft touch dashboard like they sleep whole day on the dashboard like that. 😁

• Haha! 4

am in the market looking for a new ride, and was looking forward to this new model, but its price does seem to be on the high side especially compared to the outgoing model. i mean, taking the S variant for example, notwithstanding the slightly higher OMV of about 3k for the new model vs the old, in spite of the new model's 10k VES rebate vs none for the old, it is actually being priced at more than 10k premium over the outgoing model's average price over the past few months

i can't blame them for trying to move the price point higher given the improving reputation of the brand, but in this relatively price-sensitive segment of the market, this is quite a big push to be making. i think KIA must be watching with much interest as to how this pans out in the months to come.

↡ Advertisement