2021 Hyundai Elantra / Avante (CN7)

Carbon82

57 minutes ago, Havaianas said:

Me! I managed to pre-book the basic model, and I confirmed it earlier today after a test drive. 

Congrats bro! What colour did u book?

↡ Advertisement

39 minutes ago, fungyee77 said:

Thanks @iamahbee.  The Avante Singapore microsite only mentions Lane Keeping Assist (LKA) and not Lane Following Assist (LFA). 

I was looking the Avante e-brochure in the Avante Singapore microsite (link appended below), which mentioned LFA.  A bit confusing !(https://hyundai.com.sg/assets/UploadImage/ModelGroupBrochure/The_all-new_AVANTE_Brochure_Hyundai_SG.pdf)

Think LKA (together with the rest of the Hyundai Smartsense suite) is very impressive for a car in the $100k price point, but would have been blown away if LFA was included as well.

Yes, I looked it up online and the launch covered by various local automotive media all mentioned LFA instead of LKA. I'm confused too. 

A further search yielded this, which seems to suggest that LFA and LKA are different systems:

Lane Following Assist, LFA
Lane Keeping Assist, LKA

LFA, Lane Following Assist & LKA, Lane Keeping Assist

Using input from a forward facing camera, LFA provides steering intervention to assist the vehicle staying in the center of the lane. It can significantly reduce driver fatigue during long distance driving when used in combination with the Smart Cruise Control (SCC) with stop and go.

LKA, A camera installed on the front of the vehicle monitors and alerts the driver about accidental lane departures made without activating the turn signal. The system steers the vehicle back into the correct lane when deemed necessary.

https://tech.hyundaimotorgroup.com/article/experiencing-your-future-car-today/

Maybe owners or members who test drove the Avante can clarify if the system offers full steering intervention (up till a certain point when it prompts you to put your hands on the steering wheel again), or just the system with a steering nudge?

• Praise 2

On 10/10/2020 at 6:09 PM, iceraider said:

Why ur arrangement so weird. I have nevr come across ppl trade in car earlier due to price decreasing subsequently.. when u trade in.. e price is locked wat... doesnt affect even u get e coe at e last bid.. hmmm🤔🤔🤔

Nope. I did that on my last ride too. Back then was Honda. Surrendered my old ride 2 weeks earlier to get a slightly better trade in price.

• Praise 1

5 hours ago, kaposama said:

My SE told me that this new avante, the design and the feature, they are confident to fight with mazda 3, honda civic and toyota altis . They brand them as same level product

yes. can kick Toyota, Mazda, Honda, Subaru back to their garage already

• Praise 2

13 hours ago, inlinesix said:

How come got glare?

From the top lor... the front edge of the sunroof is just above my head... I find that the glare during day time say 10am-5 pm very disturbing when I drive lor... also find glare from the left side (the space above the front passenger)...

1 hour ago, teomingern said:

From the top lor... the front edge of the sunroof is just above my head... I find that the glare during day time say 10am-5 pm very disturbing when I drive lor... also find glare from the left side (the space above the front passenger)...

Most sunroofs hv an internal cover to prevent direct sunlight coming into the cabin, yours don’t have? 

• Praise 3

12 minutes ago, Spring said:

Most sunroofs hv an internal cover to prevent direct sunlight coming into the cabin, yours don’t have? 

He rarely open that cover.

17 hours ago, inlinesix said:

Similar to C-HR dark dark interior. Make me feel claustrophobic.

In Msia, sunroof not really useful due to security concern.

On the other hand, i would love to open sunroof and window driving up to Genting for Breakfast.

You don't mind all the exhaust fumes meh? I really cannot understand drivers who drive down a crowded street stuck in traffic with the soft top down... they want to filter the air for all around them meh?

17 hours ago, iamahbee said:

From the Avante Singapore microsite:

Lane Keeping Assist (LKA):

A steering assist function that detects lane markings to monitor the vehicle’s position in the lane. Should the vehicle stray from the intended lane without activating the indicators, an audible and visual warning will be sounded and where required, will provide steering intervention to keep the vehicle in the centre of the lane.

https://avante.hyundai.com.sg/?utm_campaign=avantecn7&utm_source=google&utm_term=avante&utm_medium=search&&gclid=Cj0KCQjw2or8BRCNARIsAC_ppyaVcOMQ_VIhr_khsShRiBcULAn0sFZjoj8ET6y23wtVkSQ6Y0T-DaEaAgRaEALw_wcB

Wah like that super good... hope cannot switch off... then all drivers will be forced to use the turn signal when changing lanes... or turning... ha ha...

4 hours ago, Spring said:

Mine have... but we were discussing using the sunroof... I don't even retract the fabric cover cos of the glare lor... much less actually open the glass roof... I find the glasnost distracting and annoying especially at certain times of the day, not to mention being much warmer...

Edited by teomingern

27 minutes ago, teomingern said:

You don't mind all the exhaust fumes meh? I really cannot understand drivers who drive down a crowded street stuck in traffic with the soft top down... they want to filter the air for all around them meh?

With bicycle or motorcycle, exhaust fumes will be straight to the face.

In a car, not really.

Honestly, you will never get it unless you try it.  In addition, the air in Singapore (incl Tuas) is so much better than a lot of cities.

The all new Avante N-Line 1.6 Turbo with 204PS and 7 speed DCT. Come on our local AD bring some unit, perhaps like 100 limited unit with full specifications! He really like this car! 

Asian Petrolhead said Hyundai will release the N variant next year in S.Korea. The variant in total are: Normal Petrol, Hybrid, N-Line and the most powerful N.

Imagine stop at traffic light and on your left is a 2019 Civic 1.5 Turbo...I am sure this N-Line will win the civic hands down. 

Edited by Fellows

On 10/9/2020 at 7:42 PM, Toeknee_33 said:

Lets put things into perspective. You mean the smaller screen is such a deal breaker? 

How about the rest of the car? The engineering that went into making this a better car, the styling, the comfort, the materials, the drive, the safety features, the claimed improvement in power and economy? All pales in comparison to a screen that's a couple of inches short?

All it takes for a car manufacturer to sell you guys a car is a big screen? 

I mean, it's like you found a nice sweet girl who is pretty and has a good personality and ideal wife material, but you are not marrying her cos she wears B-cup and not C! 

Maybe it's just me, but how a car feels on the road is far more important. No point having a nice big screen if the car doesn't perform to your expectations. We don't stare at the screen all day long, and after awhile the novelty of all these gizmos wears off too. 

well, you aren't happy with my comment and feel that I am forcing my views on others, aren't you doing the same here by your standards? I did not say that anyone had to agree with me. Same as you in this comment. 

So you can be a hyundai fanboy all day long and I can be a hater so to speak. This is an open forum. not everyone is going to agree with you. if you can't accept that you're gonna have a tough time staying happy buddy. 

• Praise 1

31 minutes ago, Fellows said:

The all new Avante N-Line 1.6 Turbo with 204PS and 7 speed DCT. Come on our local AD bring some unit, perhaps like 100 limited unit with full specifications! He really like this car! 

Asian Petrolhead said Hyundai will release the N variant next year in S.Korea. The variant in total are: Normal Petrol, Hybrid, N-Line and the most powerful N.

Imagine stop at traffic light and on your left is a 2019 Civic 1.5 Turbo...I am sure this N-Line will win the civic hands down. 

I30 N Line looks fun..

19 hours ago, Nudgedoink said:

well, you aren't happy with my comment and feel that I am forcing my views on others, aren't you doing the same here by your standards? I did not say that anyone had to agree with me. Same as you in this comment. 

So you can be a hyundai fanboy all day long and I can be a hater so to speak. This is an open forum. not everyone is going to agree with you. if you can't accept that you're gonna have a tough time staying happy buddy. 

Thanks for your concern. Yeah I will try to stay happy, and hope you remain happy too.😊

Oh, just to clarify, I am a market observer and a car enthusiast, not a Korean car fanboy. 

Hope you enjoy your car shopping (Mazda 3 now?) and stay safe!

• Praise 2

2 hours ago, Toeknee_33 said:

Thanks for your concern. Yeah I will try to stay happy, and hope you remain happy too.😊

Oh, just to clarify, I am a market observer and a car enthusiast, not a Korean car fanboy. 

Hope you enjoy your car shopping (Mazda 3 now?) and stay safe!

Alright. Let's end this on a better note. We have differing opinions but both have validity. 

No hard feelings. Stay safe too. Cheers.

• Praise 3