2021 Hyundai Elantra / Avante (CN7)

Carbon82

4 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Change car when warranty is over? :D

Some people here change car when tyre puncek lor. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 3

10 hours ago, Hreidi17 said:

Day 3 of my new ride - let me share some of the marvellous sophisticated features the CN7 has:-
1) when the car is veered slightly off the lane or you intend to change lane without signal, it will try to "push" the car back in lane. It's only if you signal then it will not activate the safety function.
2) if you intend to change lane, signal your intention but there is a car seen within the blind spot boundary area, it will beep..In another words alerting you to take note or think twice if you still think that you are able to change
3) At traffic junction if green light already and the car in front starts to go and if we still haven go because of daydream etc..The screen will indicate "leading car has moved off" something like that
4)If we are travelling too near a car in front..It will beep and then slow down for us

Great car IMHO! Highly recommended!

I really like item 1 and 2 above. It will encourage people to signaling and check blind spot - making it safe for all road users.

Sometimes, too much technology babying us can also backfire. Drivers will end up being very dependent on technology and have our road senses blunted. So 1 fine day when one of the many sensors malfunction of glitched, an accident may happen.

In my previous car, a Citroen DS4, it's blind spot monitoring sensor works...but as the car ages, it does not work flawlessly. Occasionally, it does gives false positive or negative warnings. Also, the all round sensors sometimes senses things that are not there or appear to not work at times. So I still prefer to use my eyes to look and see and rely on the safety systems as a backup. 

I wonder how many young drivers can still park a car if their reverse cam or sensor fails. 🤣

8 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Some people here change car when tyre puncek lor. 

I would not be surprise on some of the reasons people change car de. Lol. But many people indeed change car when the wear and tear starts to set in and when there is no more warranty.

11 minutes ago, Rickster said:

I really like item 1 and 2 above. It will encourage people to signaling and check blind spot - making it safe for all road users.

Sometimes, too much technology babying us can also backfire. Drivers will end up being very dependent on technology and have our road senses blunted. So 1 fine day when one of the many sensors malfunction of glitched, an accident may happen.

In my previous car, a Citroen DS4, it's blind spot monitoring sensor works...but as the car ages, it does not work flawlessly. Occasionally, it does gives false positive or negative warnings. Also, the all round sensors sometimes senses things that are not there or appear to not work at times. So I still prefer to use my eyes to look and see and rely on the safety systems as a backup. 

I wonder how many young drivers can still park a car if their reverse cam or sensor fails. 🤣

Agreed, even the car comes with all the high tech safety features, best still must use our own eyes to look and check our blind spot and surrounding when driving.

Actually reverse sensor cannot 100% trusted also, cause sometimes certain angle the sensor might not able to sense it. Lol.

• Praise 1

43 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Maybe due to many such high tech sensor here and there, drivers become lazy and dependent on these sensor to help them to judge? This is why accidents still happened. Lol.

I have come across some drivers trying means and ways to remove these features, saying things like the system forces them to return back to their lane if they try to make a lane change without indicating signal, or they are unable to go closer to the car infront as the anti-collision maintains a specific distance which they deem is too far...

:XD: 

• Haha! 1

4 minutes ago, Soundphile said:

I have come across some drivers trying means and ways to remove these features, saying things like the system forces them to return back to their lane if they try to make a lane change without indicating signal, or they are unable to go closer to the car infront as the anti-collision maintains a specific distance which they deem is too far...

I guess there are still quite a few new cars without those high tech features. If drivers dont want/like these features which stopping them to perform stunts on the road, then cannot buy such a high end car liao.

11 hours ago, Hreidi17 said:

Day 3 of my new ride - let me share some of the marvellous sophisticated features the CN7 has:-
1) when the car is veered slightly off the lane or you intend to change lane without signal, it will try to "push" the car back in lane. It's only if you signal then it will not activate the safety function.
2) if you intend to change lane, signal your intention but there is a car seen within the blind spot boundary area, it will beep..In another words alerting you to take note or think twice if you still think that you are able to change
3) At traffic junction if green light already and the car in front starts to go and if we still haven go because of daydream etc..The screen will indicate "leading car has moved off" something like that
4)If we are travelling too near a car in front..It will beep and then slow down for us

Great car IMHO! Highly recommended!

first time using such features definitely feel excited.. 

6 minutes ago, Soundphile said:

these can be switch off, or only as reason to ask discount lor

7 hours ago, Rickster said:

In my previous car, a Citroen DS4, it's blind spot monitoring sensor works...but as the car ages, it does not work flawlessly. Occasionally, it does gives false positive or negative warnings.

I have seen and heard enough enough stories of electronic failure in relatively new  Citroen, Renault, Peugeot, Fiat, Audi, Alfa, Volvo & BMW.

2 hours ago, Vinceng said:

I have seen and heard enough enough stories of electronic failure in relatively new  Citroen, Renault, Peugeot, Fiat, Audi, Alfa, Volvo & BMW.

So it is a good buy or no good buy for this car?

21 minutes ago, james1055 said:

So it is a good buy or no good buy for this car?

You need to make the decision yourself because it's your money.

You don't make the purchase just because everyone says it's a good bye. 😁

Edited by Vinceng
  • Haha! 2

On 10/24/2020 at 11:10 PM, Fcw75 said:

Saw a grey one on the road today at TPE. 

So fast? Maybe you saw those who closed 2 eyes and say proceed with COE bidding even without going for a test drive.

On 10/24/2020 at 11:12 PM, JennieT said:

Hello! I’m thinking of changing my current 2016 lancer to either the Hyundai avante or Honda Civic but I’m not really sure how long a Hyundai can last. Really like the features and interior of the Hyundai but I heard from friends that usually Hyundai’s engine can’t last longer than 5/7 years like a Honda could. Would really appreciate some help and advice from here? Is it really true that most Hyundai’s don’t last? Went to test drive both cars but felt the Hyundai’s drive was very different from the civic (which is more similar to my lancer) but still can’t decide on which car to get...

Not exactly true about the engine portion for Hyundai cars. That statement might stand true for the overall electronics. 

I have a 3 friends who are still driving the 2008 Avante, and none of them have any engine issues during their ownership period. 

Honda cars in general have a better reliability in perception. The Civic also has a better suspension setup - good if you like to throw your car into corners.

The only thing i dont like on the Civic is the hollow wheel arc area (pop up the bonnet and you will see it on the left and the right).

On 10/25/2020 at 9:36 AM, Hreidi17 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Collected mine 3 days ago and I must say I can't stop driving this car! Haha! The drive feel is so comfortable and smooth! No regrets getting this! 🙂

IMG_20201022_184256.jpg

Nice ride. But the black rims look... Maybe give you an excuse to "upgrade" :x

On 10/25/2020 at 5:24 PM, JennieT said:

Thanks for all the feedback! I went to test drive both avante and civic but can’t get used to the light steering for the avante although I love the features and comfort in the cabin. The civic seems so basic compared to avante but the drive feel is closer to what I’m used to with my lancer hence the dilemma. Also, just a question, why are most people saying 100k is overpriced for a Korean car? Never had thoughts of getting a Korean car so I don’t really understand hahaha 😅

If you look at the depreciation numbers, you are actually paying more to drive the new Avante than lets say the new Altis or the Civic 1.6L.

Features wise, Avante definitely wins Civic. 

No doubt the Civic drives better and is a more fun car to drive. Think Hyundai as Toyota. 🙂

23 hours ago, 13177 said:

Change car when warranty is over? :D

If the car is not reliable, you change when warranty over, they will use it as an excuse to press the price down. 

End up you might not want to change liao.

No offence, but the new Avante with the black sports rims look no different from the normal black steel rims.

image.png.9da8f92bb9a7687b67a6d4fc9f87a076.png

image.png.383444466616dd5fb89f67e32dd97c0f.png

Edited by Vinceng
↡ Advertisement