2021 Hyundai Elantra / Avante (CN7)

Carbon82

13 minutes ago, Vinceng said:

No offence, but the new Avante with the black sports rims look no different from the normal black steel rims.

while i'm not much of a fan of the black rims they are putting on the S trim by default, i do think the avante rims look at least better than those! but yeah, i wished that they had alternative rims to choose from. not sure what the thinking is on their part to force black rims onto the S trim. i mean, there are other distinguishing external features already between the elite and S trims

↡ Advertisement

1 hour ago, Ahtea said:

If you look at the depreciation numbers, you are actually paying more to drive the new Avante than lets say the new Altis or the Civic 1.6L.

Features wise, Avante definitely wins Civic. 

No doubt the Civic drives better and is a more fun car to drive. Think Hyundai as Toyota. 🙂

Am not sure there is an appreciable difference on fun value with a base engine for all 3 cars, but then again, fun value (and design, badge etc) is subjective and different people will value it differently. 

Concretely, I think the game changer here is the tech + active safety features offered by the Avante, which is a couple of generations ahead of the Civic 1.6 and more comprehensive than that in the Altis. So its not an apples to apples comparison frankly. 

If you don't value those features (and many people don't - fair enough), then the Avante is a bit overpriced from a depreciation pa basis vis-a-vis Altis and Civic. In that case, might as well look at the old Avante or the base Cerato, which is well designed with similar internals to the Avante, and specced with similar features to the Altis/Civic. 

• Praise 6

3 hours ago, fungyee77 said:

Am not sure there is an appreciable difference on fun value with a base engine for all 3 cars, but then again, fun value (and design, badge etc) is subjective and different people will value it differently. 

No bid deal on the new Avante N.A. engine.

The electronics, gadgets and features probably got many buyers excited hence the willingness to pay a hundred grand for a car with $4,000 PARF scrap value. .

41 minutes ago, Vinceng said:

No bid deal on the new Avante N.A. engine.

The electronics, gadgets and features probably got many buyers excited hence the willingness to pay a hundred grand for a car with $4,000 PARF scrap value. .

I guess a more accurate point of reference is the depreciation more than the remaining parf rebate after 10 years.

Badge aside, it looks to me that the Avante does not look like a bad value proposition vs it competitors.

... and who says badge is not an important aspect of car buying? 😆

New avante looks longer and coupe-Er then the previous gen. In terms of image, yeah looks good. Got the sporty look as well.

but I can’t get over the price for the elite variant. 

I would suggest all the armchair critics to visit the showroom to get wowed by the new Avante. Technology and feature wise, the current Altis and Civic look like dinosaurs comparing to the new car haha.

• Praise 4

6 hours ago, bonjin said:

while i'm not much of a fan of the black rims they are putting on the S trim by default, i do think the avante rims look at least better than those! but yeah, i wished that they had alternative rims to choose from. not sure what the thinking is on their part to force black rims onto the S trim. i mean, there are other distinguishing external features already between the elite and S trims

Good thing is no need to wash so often la. But bad thing is when you kenna kerb rash or what, I think it will be ugly - unless they are not painted on.

2 hours ago, Vinceng said:

No. The new Avante comes with black rims.

the S trim comes with the black rims (16 inch). if you don't want black rims, only option is to go for the elite trim (17 inch)

1 hour ago, Heartlander said:

I would suggest all the armchair critics to visit the showroom to get wowed by the new Avante. Technology and feature wise, the current Altis and Civic look like dinosaurs comparing to the new car haha.

personally i feel the new avante has an edge over civic and altis on the looks as well. i too didn't have a favourably impression from the initial photos and vids, but that changed after a couple of viewings. it's really much better seeing the car in the flesh and in motion

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, hushpuppy8827 said:

Saw an aircraft grey one yesterday at sengkang near buangkok mrt, damn Chio. 

was it this colour? this would be electric shadow. i saw it in the flesh at the showroom but have mixed thoughts about it. felt it looks better from afar than up close and the shade varies quite a bit depending on the light

일렉트릭_쉐도우.jpg

Edited by bonjin
  • Praise 1

It’s an interesting move by Hyundai 

move upmarket, use better materials, more features, more mod cons and safety stuff 

The litmus test will come in a few year’s time when the reliability of everything inside will be put to the test 

how fast Hyundai responds, how much the service costs and whether they can cope will determine if this is a good move

many conti brands have a full suite of features and give value for money but their street cred has been affected when things fail. 

Thus far Hyundai has acquired a solid rep as a safe, reliable and sturdy brand coupled with value for money 💰

I don’t think they want to change the former 

• Praise 3

2 hours ago, bonjin said:

was it this colour? this would be electric shadow. i saw it in the flesh at the showroom but have mixed thoughts about it. felt it looks better from afar than up close and the shade varies quite a bit depending on the light

일렉트릭_쉐도우.jpg

This color not bad lei, the lady model also chio.

2 hours ago, bonjin said:

일렉트릭_쉐도우.jpg

Quite an unique solid colour. Is this the colour on some hyundai cars previously? Dont know it is i30 or something.

14 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Quite an unique solid colour. Is this the colour on some hyundai cars previously? Dont know it is i30 or something.

i think it was available on another model, cos i saw it on the colour panel on the wall. can't remember which other model it was tho. and yes it will stand out on the roads i feel.

8 minutes ago, bonjin said:

i think it was available on another model, cos i saw it on the colour panel on the wall. can't remember which other model it was tho. and yes it will stand out on the roads i feel.

Second look on this colour, it resembled the blue colour on the subaru XV.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1