2021 Hyundai Elantra / Avante (CN7)

Carbon82

2 hours ago, 13177 said:

Second look on this colour, it resembled the blue colour on the subaru XV.

XV one is called cool grey khaki, slightly bluer than this haha

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6

8 hours ago, SiLangKia said:

XV one is called cool grey khaki, slightly bluer than this haha

Look like similar cause both also solid colour. Lol.

15 hours ago, Heartlander said:

I would suggest all the armchair critics to visit the showroom to get wowed by the new Avante. Technology and feature wise, the current Altis and Civic look like dinosaurs comparing to the new car haha.

Why are there so many people against this car?

42 minutes ago, RogerNg_185295 said:

Why are there so many people against this car?

probably the pricing? cos people are thinking that given the purported omv (similar if not less than the altis/civic) and ves rebate that it enjoys (which the altis and civic don't have), it should be priced a fair bit lower than those 2 competing makes.

i mean, that's the initial thought that went through my mind when i first saw the numbers. but on the other hand, if looking purely from a specs/features perspective,  they are also justified in pricing it so close to the altis/civic. so how you view the car probably depends on which way you think

Edited by bonjin

36 minutes ago, bonjin said:

probably the pricing? cos people are thinking that given the purported omv (similar if not less than the altis/civic) and ves rebate that it enjoys (which the altis and civic don't have), it should be priced a fair bit lower than those 2 competing makes.

i mean, that's the initial thought that went through my mind when i first saw the numbers. but on the other hand, if looking purely from a specs/features perspective,  they are also justified in pricing it so close to the altis/civic. so how you view the car probably depends on which way you think

No matter how people think, this new avante still selling like hot cakes la. Lol.

13 minutes ago, mikk123 said:

how is the fuel consumption? Hyundai not known for being most the economical car 

Maybe owners of this new avante can update on the fuel consumption?

23 hours ago, Heartlander said:

I would suggest all the armchair critics to visit the showroom to get wowed by the new Avante. Technology and feature wise, the current Altis and Civic look like dinosaurs comparing to the new car haha.

Seen it in the flesh and test driven. Yes, it does look more futuristic.

In layman terms, it's just another normal N.A. car, but packed with hi tech features.

6 hours ago, mikk123 said:

how is the fuel consumption? Hyundai not known for being most the economical car 

Cannot be too bad since the SE bother to repeat having 2 spark plugs per cylinder to burn the fuel more cleanly.

20 hours ago, bonjin said:

i think it was available on another model, cos i saw it on the colour panel on the wall. can't remember which other model it was tho. and yes it will stand out on the roads i feel.

Think probably is the Ioniq.

41 minutes ago, Heartlander said:

Cannot be too bad since the SE bother to repeat having 2 spark plugs per cylinder to burn the fuel more cleanly.

Dont think it has 2 spark plugs. Dual Port Injection if i am not mistaken is a combination of Direction Injection and Port Fuel Injection. 

I stand corrected.

3 minutes ago, Ahtea said:

Dont think it has 2 spark plugs. Dual Port Injection if i am not mistaken is a combination of Direction Injection and Port Fuel Injection. 

I stand corrected.

is dual port injection instead of one port one direct.

someone even thought DPI is direct injection. 

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Vinceng said:

Seen it in the flesh and test driven. Yes, it does look more futuristic.

In layman terms, it's just another normal N.A. car, but packed with hi tech features.

This avante similar like when the mazda 3 launched which also filled with many hi tech features which give people a wow factor. 😂

• Praise 2

3 hours ago, Heartlander said:

Eh which SE? I make sure to avoid him or her 😂

• Haha! 1

2 hours ago, 13177 said:

This avante similar like when the mazda 3 launched which also filled with many hi tech features which give people a wow factor. 😂

I believe Mazda 3 wow factor is the plush interior at that price point.

I remember how they paid attention to even the slightest detail like the sound of the signal stalk. 

Actually Avante has a 10k rebate and yet priced quite closely to Altis/Civic. Effectively those high tech features are ~10k more if you calculate all in all.

Edited by kelaihoyin

15 minutes ago, kelaihoyin said:

Eh which SE? I make sure to avoid him or her 😂

Paiseh I think I have been smoked. There are 2 cable harness per cylinder but on closer look they are not spark plugs.

23409_16_l.jpg

1 hour ago, kelaihoyin said:

I believe Mazda 3 wow factor is the plush interior at that price point.

I remember how they paid attention to even the slightest detail like the sound of the signal stalk. 

Actually Avante has a 10k rebate and yet priced quite closely to Altis/Civic. Effectively those high tech features are ~10k more if you calculate all in all.

Mazda 3 not only the plush interior but also comes with all those high tech features lo. Whether the price of avante is close to altis/civic doesnt matter much since still many people are buying la.

2 hours ago, 13177 said:

Mazda 3 not only the plush interior but also comes with all those high tech features lo. Whether the price of avante is close to altis/civic doesnt matter much since still many people are buying la.

Mazda3 should be better due to mild hybrid to boost FC, Mazda seasoned ride and handling tuned, proper auto gear box instead of CVT. 

lastly MIJ and image status a step up ... 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2