2021 Hyundai Elantra / Avante (CN7)

Carbon82

8 minutes ago, 13177 said:

This avante is lower than previous elantra but better than civic. Even i find the new altis also lower than the previous altis. Dont know why nowadays sedan always like to low de? No wonder most people now buy crossover or suv.

Is new Avante lower than new Altis?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

5 minutes ago, PaulMeng said:

nope, civic is lower at 1416mm and avante at 1430mm.

Not much difference...

But internally the Civic seat is rather low slung, some cars don't have that high a ground clearance - see the City, built for flood prone Thai Roads, but have a high hip point - see a typical MPV, like the B Class, which doesn't have a very high ground clearance, but the hip point is almost as high as a SUV, which is why it's very popular in Germany with the middle aged men with some means..

• Praise 1

19 hours ago, dannychoy84 said:

I understand it's legally binding to provide true specs to LTA when have cars registered.

On paper, manufacturers are obligated to provide all the information like what engine type, what specifications the engine it is using.

VES labels are tested based on a set of conditions which is supposed to be unified against all cars sold in Singapore. This testing is done by NEA if i am not mistaken.

In any case, I wont take the label rating as the final say in FC. Till date, I have not achieved an avg consumption which was stated by the label today on my Avante based on 1 full tank top up.

1 hour ago, 13177 said:

This avante is lower than previous elantra but better than civic. Even i find the new altis also lower than the previous altis. Dont know why nowadays sedan always like to low de? No wonder most people now buy crossover or suv.

My Vios i feel like they adjusted very high leh! Like the rims can upgrade 2 more inches still have clearance... Once warranty over maybe will adjust downwards...

Edited by yellowshaun

The Vios and City are cars build for flood prone countries and streets with large potholes 

they also feature innards to facilitate repair work and maintenance by less than well trained mechanics 

this new Elantra will be put under the sword in a few years if they mess around with the reliability rep the previous model built up 

1 hour ago, PaulMeng said:

nope, civic is lower at 1416mm and avante at 1430mm.

I tried the civic before and find it extremely low, should be one of the sedans in the market with the lowest sitting position. Nowadays with many big cars, SUV, heavy traffic on the road, getting one with a higher sitting position should be more favorable. 

• Praise 1

14 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

Just enjoy the drive rather than keep focusing on the FC. So if you get 18km/l then what? Feel good for a while but the drive damn boring. Spent $100K on a car then so bothered by the FC for 10 years. What’s the point?

Such people want to own a car yet still want to save money. 

29 minutes ago, therock said:

The Vios and City are cars build for flood prone countries and streets with large potholes 

they also feature innards to facilitate repair work and maintenance by less than well trained mechanics 

this new Elantra will be put under the sword in a few years if they mess around with the reliability rep the previous model built up 

No cars in this world is built to withstand large potholes like what you say.

2 hours ago, Spring said:

Is new Avante lower than new Altis?

Although i went to see the new altis and avante, but i cannot tell which one is lower le? Maybe must go see look again? Lol. But definitely both cars are lower than their previous generation model.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, yellowshaun said:

My Vios i feel like they adjusted very high leh! Like the rims can upgrade 2 more inches still have clearance... Once warranty over maybe will adjust downwards...

Vios definitely much higher than avante and altis even on stock rims/tyres. 😂

1 hour ago, Dafansu said:

I tried the civic before and find it extremely low, should be one of the sedans in the market with the lowest sitting position. Nowadays with many big cars, SUV, heavy traffic on the road, getting one with a higher sitting position should be more favorable. 

I already find the 2006 era civic low liao. So the current civic i find even lower. I sit inside and find it not very good to get out from the car. This is why now i would prefer a suv if can afford one. But suv if sit behind like quite prone to feeling motion sickness. 😅

Edited by 13177

https://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/pricelist/14/2020-11-19.pdf

newest price list out and prices are unchanged from before this week's coe increase.

you should be able to get an outright 5k discount from the prices for deliveries in january onwards. so for buyers of the S trim at least, that's 92,999, a good 7k less than what it was at the beginning of the month.

i'm locked in at the old price, unfortunately, cos i'm taking delivery soon, but i wonder if people who bought for december delivery have leeway to push collection date till january for a 5k discount

4 hours ago, therock said:

I dont think that the new Avante can go any more wrong than any Japanese car. A 1.6L with CVT is a staple out there.

*touch wood, hoping my CVT dont spoil on me*

I would be more worried with a DCT, especially those of the French if I buy a new car.

6 hours ago, Spring said:

FC is a consideration but only after many other factors like price, performance, aesthetics, safety features, specs etc

As I’ve mentioned several times, don’t see what the fuss on Avante’s FC is all about. All reports coming back including local tests shows decent FC. If there is a need to scrutinise FC, then it shld be vs the competition not against published figures n so far I’ve not read of adverse differences vs the competition.

If need to pick on Avante, I would say it would be the price but only cos it’s in A2 VES banding hence it shld be priced lower. However, I’m not in the camp of since Altis is price so much, Avante shld be lower. That’s simply not in my thinking at all. Just cos Altis is the benchmark, doesn’t mean it can’t be overtaken or equalled right? 

I think they are equals.

But then, what is stopping people from finding a cheaper alternative since you cant brag with either cars.

Actually, I hope Chinese cars make way to SG and sell at least 10k cheaper than the Cerato or 20k less than Avante at prevailing prices. If cars like Chery can do a 76k at 50k COE, they can also do it now at 66k for a 1.6L saloon.

MG is too expensive for a Chinese car imho, regardless of its space and size.

20 minutes ago, Brass said:

I dont think that the new Avante can go any more wrong than any Japanese car. A 1.6L with CVT is a staple out there.

*touch wood, hoping my CVT dont spoil on me*

I would be more worried with a DCT, especially those of the French if I buy a new car.

It’s usually not the transmission.. 👌 

the new Elantra has a full suite of electronics 

some say that it has more gadgets than entry level merc and BMW cars so we will know how they perform in due course.. 

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Brass said:

I think they are equals.

But then, what is stopping people from finding a cheaper alternative since you cant brag with either cars.

Actually, I hope Chinese cars make way to SG and sell at least 10k cheaper than the Cerato or 20k less than Avante at prevailing prices. If cars like Chery can do a 76k at 50k COE, they can also do it now at 66k for a 1.6L saloon.

MG is too expensive for a Chinese car imho, regardless of its space and size.

Those volvos sold in spore are also made in China.  What you think of the prices?

↡ Advertisement