2021 Hyundai Elantra / Avante (CN7)

Carbon82

Just now, teomingern said:

Sorry... I don't get it... can explain?

Not everyone wants to admit there are issues with their new car in a forum or are shy to ask basic questions.

In a chat, people can become less inhibited.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

For current Avante CN7 owners, does the below key fob cover looks like it will fit your car key?   (Looks like it'll fit the M'sia Elantra CN7 key, SG key same same?)

KeyFob.JPG

Hyundai_Elantra_CN7_Malaysia_Int-20-1200x800.jpg

Edited by kool2

7 hours ago, kool2 said:

@Heartbreakid Yes, it's available depending on the exterior paint colour selected (ie. not all paint colors has the light grey 2 tone interior).   The Intense Blue option comes with that light grey 2 tone interior.    Not sure which one else has it too.   Was shown a example of an Intense Blue with light grey 2 tone interior from the pre-delivery cars at Komoco.   It's looks very nice.

Hyundai_Elantra_CN7_Malaysia_Int-26-1200

No Bro, this is the 2 tone colour I mentioned earlier other than the black interior. I was referring to a monotone light grey interior, which I see in youtube on some US market Elantra, it looks very pleasing compare to the monotone black interior. 

(edited)

This is the monotone light grey I was talking about. I am wondering if we have this interior colour option here.

IMG_20210530_050236.jpg

IMG_20210530_050259.jpg

Edited by Heartbreakid
  • Praise 1

4 hours ago, Heartbreakid said:

This is the monotone light grey I was talking about. I am wondering if we have this interior colour option here.

IMG_20210530_050236.jpg

IMG_20210530_050259.jpg

Not this grey tone. We only have the Grey/Black mix on 2 body colors IIRC.

12 hours ago, kool2 said:

For current Avante CN7 owners, does the below key fob cover looks like it will fit your car key?   (Looks like it'll fit the M'sia Elantra CN7 key, SG key same same?)

KeyFob.JPG

Hyundai_Elantra_CN7_Malaysia_Int-20-1200x800.jpg

yup, looks like the same key we get in SG.  can ask the other folks in the telegram chat who have bought key covers so far for their experiences on which ones fit better

6 hours ago, Heartbreakid said:

IMG_20210530_050236.jpg

IMG_20210530_050259.jpg

don't have - you have only 2 options for the "grey" interior: (1) locally installed grey leather seats for the S trim of the intense blue and cyber grey colours, or (2) factory-installed 2-toned dark grey+light grey seats and side panels on the elite trim of the same two colours.

in both cases, the dashboard, steering wheel etc will all still be black by default

Hi , 

I have just booked the Avante S model yesterday and will like to ask what is the size of the steering wheel as I will like to order from Shopee the cover . 

Just for those who might want to get the avante as well, you can also pm me for my SE. He is really good and the package he gave me , both my wife and me are really really very stunned and pleased . 

Thanks in advance 

• Praise 3

@jasper84  grats on the purchase - you sound like you are really happy with the deal you got, nice!

while i can;t advise on the specific size, i know that there are now quite a few options to choose from in the market.

just be aware of one thing when shopping though - from what i saw from others commenting in the telegram chat, the one thing you have to be aware of when buying the steering wheel cover is that some of the options out of china will not be a perfect fit for our local steering wheel, because the china avante (called elantra there) has a slightly different design to their steering wheel (it has a flat bottom).

Internal Moderator

Screenshot_20210530_153057_com.whatsapp_edit_133649766755126.thumb.jpg.359883d72b5541841ac2dbae1e60b5e6.jpgScreenshot_20210530_153112_com.whatsapp_edit_133634804146275.thumb.jpg.633c1c130e20d1d174ea91c690b270ae.jpgScreenshot_20210530_153128_com.whatsapp_edit_133613065833257.thumb.jpg.61697fd845a6390b7ebf55bdf6be9190.jpg

One of my favorite cars of 2021. Everytime I spot one I'll take a second look. Let's have a few CN7 with the MYCARFORUM sticker please! 🤪 Hit me up! 

• Praise 4

Neutral Newbie

Hi all Thanks for everyone advices, make a booking for my Avante "S" model decide to go with black as prefer the sleek looking. now will need some advice to maintain a black car. haha is there a group chat on the Avante "S"?

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Chris788 said:

Former Hyundai owner but driving Toyota now. Has considered Avante by going back to Hyundai but have to think twice.

Pls don't bash me before I give my frank comments.

I actually still prefer the Sixth generation AD Elantra looks (though somehow like Audi wanna-babe) before the weird triangular lights facelift and now I find the latest 7th Gen CN7 looks even weirder.

The CN7's frontal headlights plus grill looks half-finished, like headlight bottom kernah chop off by something while the rear is really ungainly with odd shapes poking out from the sides.

I'm sure the interior has upgrades but in terms of looks, I find the upcoming new KIA Cerato actually looks better, LOL, esp with its new logo but of course it's still a Killed In Action.

no worries, whether the look of a car appeals is a personal thing, and you don't come across as bashing us owners so no umbrage taken 😛 

actually i was a bit like you right at the beginning when i first saw the car during the sneak preview, i didn't like it's looks too and thought it was overdone. but i gave it another chance with a test drive, and somehow, watching the car in motion and driving it made me do a 180 degree turnaround and i was sold lol. even now, after owning it for 6 months, whenever i see another CN7 on the road, it just makes me feel good and reminds me of what a good decision i made and how nearly i made a wrong one after the first impression

the new facelifted cerato looks pretty good for sure, an improvement over the current model i feel. though i personally am not a fan of its dash-dash lights. i may be wrong, but it looks like in terms of interior space, the avante might still come out ahead too, but guess we won't know for sure until it arrives here. overall just on looks alone, i'd still pick the CN7 over it. but maybe there's some owner bias i guess hehe

• Praise 1

(edited)
14 minutes ago, james1055 said:

@bonjin Well said.

I have a questions for u, S-Trim better or Elite Trim is better?

the s trim is good enough, especially when you compare it against the basic/mid trims of the mazda3/altis/civic. but of course, the elite trim is even better cos of the additional features. it cost more though, so it's more a question of whether you see the additional 4-6k premium for the elite as being worth those additional features. 

personally, when i bought the s trim, i didn't think it was worth topping up the additonal 7k then for the elite, and also because this is my first hyundai/korean car, and i was apprehensive about spending more than 100k on it. on hindsight now, after 6months, i must admit i regret not topping up for the elite. i like the enhancements to the elite's exterior, and i think i would have enjoyed the additional features like ventilated seats and memory seats. 

since then, the difference between the s and elite in terms of pricing has narrowed, so if you ask me, i'd say if the price gap is 5k or less, go for the elite

Edited by bonjin
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2