2021 Hyundai Elantra / Avante (CN7)

Carbon82

14 minutes ago, whyhx said:

Having a sunroof will result in extra insurance?

Yup. Just like your windscreen. If it cracks due to hard objects. If it is not insured then you'll have to pay if you want to replace it.

↡ Advertisement

Supersonic
9 hours ago, Ahtea said:

I think the SLB9889R one is probably one of KMC's test drive vehicle. Surprised that they actually let it go with their "premium" number plate - 9889. 

Kmc selling off their 9889 car plate?

Supersonic
3 hours ago, Ahtea said:

Yea, if you do a lot of highways its a good upgrade. For me, the turn off is the sunroof. If they offered the Elite trim without that additional glass, i would consider it anytime over S trim. :D

You should wait for the later version of avante lo, usually sunroof might disappear for later batches.

Supersonic
30 minutes ago, kool2 said:

@Acegabz Takes up head room as well.

Sunroof in a sedan car indeed take up some head room. Sunroof only looks good in a suv as interior space is bigger.

2 hours ago, 13177 said:

Sunroof in a sedan car indeed take up some head room. Sunroof only looks good in a suv as interior space is bigger.

It depends on the design.

The sunroof in the new Renault Captur is terrible for head room despite being an SUV.

Mine isn't bad at all despite being a sedan.

• Praise 1

On 5/30/2021 at 5:04 AM, Heartbreakid said:

This is the monotone light grey I was talking about. I am wondering if we have this interior colour option here.

IMG_20210530_050236.jpg

IMG_20210530_050259.jpg

Very nice when new... but very hard to take care leh... especially with kids...

On 5/30/2021 at 10:34 PM, james1055 said:

@bonjin Looks like getting the Elite trim more worth it. I am still waiting for the COE to drop to $30k and then good and book, as I have just renew my road tax and insurance.

Wah... wait long long lar... seriously, I don't think it will drop so low for a long time until there is bulk scrapping of cars... maybe 5 years' time?

On 5/31/2021 at 3:36 PM, whyhx said:

I feel the Smart Cruise Control is damn worth it for the upgrade to Elite. Can really relax a lot on expressways lol

This one alone worth $5000 extra!!!

On 5/31/2021 at 5:32 PM, Acegabz said:

Totally agree on this. Paying extra insurance for 0 utility.

Not only that, you also have more rubbers to worry about leaks, degradation etc.

On 5/31/2021 at 7:51 PM, 13177 said:

You should wait for the later version of avante lo, usually sunroof might disappear for later batches.

That is why i am praying for COE to drop ma. COE drop, facelift model comes, if no sunroof, ok. Swee liao. 

• Praise 1

Supersonic
23 hours ago, teomingern said:

Very nice when new... but very hard to take care leh... especially with kids...

Light colour interior usually hard to take care whether or not have kids de. As stains and dirt easily seen. Even dark colour interior also can see stains and dirt if do not maintain well. Lol.

Supersonic
17 minutes ago, Ahtea said:

That is why i am praying for COE to drop ma. COE drop, facelift model comes, if no sunroof, ok. Swee liao. 

Hopefully coe will drop 3 years later since usually by then facelift model should be out.

• Praise 1

4 hours ago, 13177 said:

Light colour interior usually hard to take care whether or not have kids de. As stains and dirt easily seen. Even dark colour interior also can see stains and dirt if do not maintain well. Lol.

Even jeans can stain pale coloured leather...

• Praise 2

16 hours ago, 13177 said:

Yea, I kinda regretted after years of owning my old ride. Beige interior, after few years, you start to see stains everywhere despite regular "waxing" and cleaning. 

• Praise 1

16 hours ago, 13177 said:

Hopefully coe will drop 3 years later since usually by then facelift model should be out.

Yea. Provided also during the facelift, KMC does not downgrade the equipment trim on the S/Basic model. Sometimes useful features get removed during facelift.

Hopefully this round, they will upgrade the S trim to include the features of Elite (less sunroof). That would make the package very sweet. 🙂

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1