2021 Hyundai Elantra / Avante (CN7)

Carbon82

9 hours ago, hansmith said:

I am fine if its a nicer sound that is not so glaring.

Why on earth does it need to be so panic sounding.

OFF!

If you're quite fast and missed the car in your blindspot, the panic stations beeping would be very helpful don't you think? I think it's helped me to be a safer driver... haha...

↡ Advertisement

1 hour ago, teomingern said:

If you're quite fast and missed the car in your blindspot, the panic stations beeping would be very helpful don't you think? I think it's helped me to be a safer driver... haha...

I personally prefer it to chime in a gentle way for BSD. Like give you a soft beep to tell you that there is a car at your blind spot.

Not those panic panic beeping type which can cause more panic to drivers on the road. When a drive becomes panic, and over counter react, it can be even more disastrous then hitting the car at its blind spot. 

I dont think it will help me become a safer driver, but maybe train me to become a lazy driver. Next time you might even forget how to check for blind spot/assume that there isnt any car at your blind spot when you are driving an older car without such features. 

1 hour ago, Kazuya said:

Will be collecting my car next week, can I check in, how do you guys switch off the blindspot warning alert sound?

Can be done from steering wheel buttons easily and permanently. Dont worry. You will figure it out.

Edited by hansmith
  • Praise 1

11 hours ago, Ahtea said:

Not those panic panic beeping type which can cause more panic to drivers on the road. When a drive becomes panic, and over counter react, it can be even more disastrous then hitting the car at its blind spot. 

Exactly right and phrased better than how i was saying what the issue is! OFF! 

Some youtube reviewers also said the system is downright dangerous!

Edited by hansmith

11 hours ago, Ahtea said:

I personally prefer it to chime in a gentle way for BSD. Like give you a soft beep to tell you that there is a car at your blind spot.

I dont think it will help me become a safer driver, but maybe train me to become a lazy driver. Next time you might even forget how to check for blind spot/assume that there isnt any car at your blind spot when you are driving an older car without such features. 

I see it differently... if I take out without checking, it beeps and I know I forgot to check... so it helps build a good habit... at the start when I got the car, I got many beeps and I realise I forgot to check... now I will consciously check... the beeping is just a reminder now... or for when it rains like crazy like these few days...

2 hours ago, Kazuya said:

Will be collecting my car next week, can I check in, how do you guys switch off the blindspot warning alert sound?

In the trip computer... under settings...

• Praise 2

Signed up for a new Hyundai Avante CN7 last Saturday. Traded my 3 year old car for it. It's a non guarantee package but the SE is confident he will be able to deliver in mid Sept.

• Praise 2

2 hours ago, Yamapi said:

Signed up for a new Hyundai Avante CN7 last Saturday. Traded my 3 year old car for it. It's a non guarantee package but the SE is confident he will be able to deliver in mid Sept.

Nice, can share what they offered and how much?

2 hours ago, Yamapi said:

3 year old car only and changed liao? 😅 If the coe would not continue to go up, maybe your SE is confident that can deliver your car next month lo.

55 minutes ago, 13177 said:

3 year old car only and changed liao? 😅 If the coe would not continue to go up, maybe your SE is confident that can deliver your car next month lo.

Actually worth it...  with current promotion. If 2nd hand car dealer can offer him a good price, i.e. Trade in price higher than overall depreciation. 

• Praise 1

@Kazuya 

They took in my 3 year old Altis at $77k, bought it at $90k. Went for the Elite at $99k. This is the first time i am paying in full for the car with loan. lol

Edited by Yamapi
  • Praise 4

@13177 The SE said don't bother about gcoe unless there is a super big jump. If didn't get the coe, drive back my altis.. haha

Edited by Yamapi
  • Praise 1

@Yamapi 

23 minutes ago, Yamapi said:

@Acpc I opt for Amazon Gray, Elite 

Welcome welcome. I also driving an Elite.

Anyway, consider turning off blind spot monitoring..... i cannot emphasise it enough. But, again, this is just my opinion and preference for how i drive.

Others in the forum feel differently while other people agree with me. So, find your preference.

Edited by hansmith
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1