2021 Hyundai Elantra / Avante (CN7)

Carbon82

@Contipro After 1 year plus christmas lights came on because battery flat. Then in the 3rd year, the engine start button spoil. Replace a new one. Early this year the electronic parking brake switch faulty, car cannot move so tow to workshop to have it replaced. Used to seeing such christmas lights liao. I think it depends on luck also, remember a few Vezel owners complaining about christmas lights on their few days old car last time

↡ Advertisement
  • Shocked 1

hi can add me to the telegram group? Just booked the car today from Komoco. My ID: @Abcz831

by the way, curious on the solar film application, how many of you choose to apply max. tintness for the back window? wondering if it will cause the back passengers to feel more claustrophobic and its better to not have tinted back windows. 

Neutral Newbie

Hi can add me into the whatsapp/telegram(@MrAvonn) too? Just booked the avante cn7 yesterday! 

Edited by Avon91

2 hours ago, WangZhizhong said:

Any CN7 driver had problem with the rear air con vent blowing hot air when the front is like on 21 to 22 degree and front is cold?

yes it's a common complaint amongst new owners - the only workaround is to increase the fan speed and/or lower the temp further. 

but somehow, since the time i collected my car, it's gotten better and nowadays it feels like i can get cool air at the back with fanspeed 1 and at 22 (which is what i set it at). or my rear passengers gotten used to it already haha 😛 

25 minutes ago, bonjin said:

yes it's a common complaint amongst new owners - the only workaround is to increase the fan speed and/or lower the temp further. 

but somehow, since the time i collected my car, it's gotten better and nowadays it feels like i can get cool air at the back with fanspeed 1 and at 22 (which is what i set it at). or my rear passengers gotten used to it already haha 😛 

Hmm I didn't have this problem with elantra 2018 AD. It almost seems like hot air at temp 23.

21 minutes ago, WangZhizhong said:

Hmm I didn't have this problem with elantra 2018 AD. It almost seems like hot air at temp 23.

yeah unfortunately. nothing that komoco can do about it either even when flagged up during servicing. you'd just need to apply the workaround i mentioned.

the good news is, this would in all likelihood be about the only "downgrade" you'd be experiencing coming from the AD 🙂 

8 minutes ago, bonjin said:

yeah unfortunately. nothing that komoco can do about it either even when flagged up during servicing. you'd just need to apply the workaround i mentioned.

the good news is, this would in all likelihood be about the only "downgrade" you'd be experiencing coming from the AD 🙂 

thanks! its still an awesome car!

• Praise 1

On 9/1/2021 at 10:40 AM, Raubern said:

@Contipro After 1 year plus christmas lights came on because battery flat. Then in the 3rd year, the engine start button spoil. Replace a new one. Early this year the electronic parking brake switch faulty, car cannot move so tow to workshop to have it replaced. Used to seeing such christmas lights liao. I think it depends on luck also, remember a few Vezel owners complaining about christmas lights on their few days old car last time

Omg, first time I hear a jap worse than a conti. 😅

57 minutes ago, Rskc said:

Omg, first time I hear a jap worse than a conti. 😅

Vezel is a sensitive car so any common faults will cause christmas lights 

Before you condemn the Vezel bros remember there are so many on the road, there are bound to be cars with issues. 
that's not surprising 

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, therock said:

Before you condemn the Vezel bros remember there are so many on the road, there are bound to be cars with issues. 
that's not surprising 

Every car has its own set of issues and problems.

Even generally 'reliable' cars can have dud model years or a few lemon units.

The 2007-2011 Camry has a complaint posted in SGCM about engine failure for a new car back then.

If Toyota can't escape this, no other cars will escape this.