2021 Hyundai Elantra / Avante (CN7)

Carbon82

Neutral Newbie

Just got Avante Elite , anyone can add me to the telegram group? 

@gnabster

Thanks in advance , cheers

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Hello everyone. I recently made the decision to purchase the Avante, please add me to telegram chat. My handle is @iamalan.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by alanc

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Deciding between 2nd-hand pre-gen Avente and the new CN7, any valuable advice please?

Also I'm looking at the new Avente price on sgCarmart, e.g. Elite today is 131,099. But when I downloaded the PDF price list of today, I noticed it says that 131,099 is like after all the rebate including trading rebate (35,000), initial list price is 194,099. since I don't have car to trade in, does it mean I won't get that 35,000 trade in rebate and the price will be 131099+35000 for me? That's alot. 

Thanks

Edited by TurboSkyHawk

38 minutes ago, TurboSkyHawk said:

Deciding between 2nd-hand pre-gen Avente and the new CN7, any valuable advice please?

Also I'm looking at the new Avente price on sgCarmart, e.g. Elite today is 131,099. But when I downloaded the PDF price list of today, I noticed it says that 131,099 is like after all the rebate including trading rebate (35,000), initial list price is 194,099. since I don't have car to trade in, does it mean I won't get that 35,000 trade in rebate and the price will be 131099+35000 for me? That's alot. 

Thanks

Nope, dont take the initial list price. You should be looking at $131099 as the price to pay. 

What is your main concern when you are getting the ride? 

Pre-gen Avante is a balance car. Like Toyota Altis, a simple and general car which gives you decent comfort as a point A to point B car. Less modern features which also mean technically less chances of electronics failure.

CN7 is more like an Avante on steroids. Engine is more refined and noticeably more responsive, yet getting better FC than the pre-gen Avante. The car sits lower which gives you better handling. Features wise is no doubt more complete as compared to the pre-gen Avante. 

• Praise 4

Neutral Newbie
(edited)
8 hours ago, Ahtea said:

Nope, dont take the initial list price. You should be looking at $131099 as the price to pay. 

What is your main concern when you are getting the ride? 

Pre-gen Avante is a balance car. Like Toyota Altis, a simple and general car which gives you decent comfort as a point A to point B car. Less modern features which also mean technically less chances of electronics failure.

CN7 is more like an Avante on steroids. Engine is more refined and noticeably more responsive, yet getting better FC than the pre-gen Avante. The car sits lower which gives you better handling. Features wise is no doubt more complete as compared to the pre-gen Avante. 

Thanks for the reply. My main usage is fetching kid/wife from point A to point B mostly.

Meanwhile I'm also looking at the new KIA Creato. Looks like the safety features like blind spot etc, ventilated seats are all there. What's the main difference between Avente and Creato in terms of driving?

Edited by TurboSkyHawk

(edited)
9 hours ago, TurboSkyHawk said:

Thanks

I think you should weigh the option of COE (high price) for new car and a used car at this moment. The level is unsustainable for many reason to come in next 3 to 6 mths i.e. war, recession, uncertainty of China. For a quick look, 2018 used car has the best value to buy due to lowest coe value.

I'm also eyeing new ride but will wait. After so many years of buying new car, timing is all about COE price. Good luck

Edited by Tcx607
  • Praise 4

Turbocharged
(edited)
1 hour ago, TurboSkyHawk said:

Thanks for the reply. My main usage is fetching kid/wife from point A to point B mostly.

Meanwhile I'm also looking at the new KIA Creato. Looks like the safety features like blind spot etc, ventilated seats are all there. What's the main difference between Avente and Creato in terms of driving?

@TurboSkyHawk I saw this Youtube video comparing the two cars, hope it can provide some insight.

Edited by DOBIEMKZ
  • Praise 1

4 hours ago, TurboSkyHawk said:

If you are comparing the Avante CN7 to FL Cerato, the difference is quite vast. The FL Cerato uses the same drive train as the prev Avante. In terms of drive, it would be quite subjective. I preferred the prev gen Avante drive over the Cerato's. 

If you are going for just a point A-B ride and those fanciful features like ventilated seats/LED headlamp/adaptive cruise control is not really a must have, you can consider the S trim CN7 if your preference is for a new car.

Like what @Tcx607 mentioned, buying car is all about timing the right COE time. 

• Praise 1

On 4/4/2022 at 10:27 AM, teomingern said:

If it hasn't changed, the seats are not full leather... the seat front where you sit on, is supposed to be real leather... feels more like synthetic type (pleather)... the side bolsters for the seat and back are synthetic... same for front and back seats... and steering wheel...

Omg really!?

23 hours ago, TurboSkyHawk said:

I was seriously considering between two as well... The features are mostly equally matched according to the trim level, and for me the four significant differences would be:

1. Look: avante's beautiful rear versus k3's handsome handsome front

2. VES "discount": (from what I rem, need the shifus to confirm) the cerato offers better value if both cars are priced similarly, because of the money u get back when scrapping)

3. Gearbox: the most significant for me, is the lovely AT transmission on the k3 against the CVT of the avante. Do test drive them both and see what fancies u the most

4. Ride height: as many other bros have noted the avante is very low. A big no no for me when I carry baby in and out as it causes knee pain already when doing it on my Vios...

• Praise 2

These 2 cars are quite well matched in many areas other than the fact that the Cerato has an old engine and pick-up may be a tad slower. One ultimate factor may be the actual selling price. Hence may need to check with the SE and the overall offerings. When i purchased my Avante, the price difference between both provided a clear choice.

• Praise 1

On 6/19/2022 at 12:07 AM, Raubern said:

Can be repossessed units cause never pay car loan, can be car seller gimmick who will tell you the mint car just sold out, but they have brand new one wanna consider?

↡ Advertisement