2021 Hyundai Elantra / Avante (CN7)

Carbon82

On 6/19/2022 at 12:07 AM, Raubern said:

How come the white AVANTE instrument panel is black while the black AVANTE instrument panel is white? The black panel looks nicer lei.

↡ Advertisement

Hypersonic
15 hours ago, Fellows said:

How come the white AVANTE instrument panel is black while the black AVANTE instrument panel is white? The black panel looks nicer lei.

I think is some paper cover not yet peel away.

Neutral Newbie

Hi All,

Just collected my avante last week. Would like to join you all in your telegram group. Do add me (@WengSeba) 😊

Thank you!

(edited)

Honestly, my elite cn7 is a good car to keep for 10 years if you are not fussy about ride comfort and power. 

Everything else is solid. Fuel economy, ventilated front seats, wireless apple car play / android auto, electric car seats with memory , rear air-con, smart boot. 

When i say ride comfort, i just mean its not comparable to good luxury sedan where any bumps or uneven roads will not be felt by me or my passengers. Of course, I cannot expect that at this price point although i wish the ride comfort was better.

Power i will just say the pick up is on the weak side and i can feel it struggling abit if i am going up a hill. But, its a 1.6L car. Also can't complain.

I only paid <$100k for mine.

Now selling for $140,999 before any promos. Imagine that.

And, with COE so high now, can't change car already anyway.

Edited by hansmith
  • Praise 3

Don’t play play, new avante really not bad. Saw one on north south highway near kl doing 170-180km/h plus no problem on lane 1. Don’t ask me how I know 😆

33 minutes ago, Confusedboi said:

Don’t play play, new avante really not bad. Saw one on north south highway near kl doing 170-180km/h plus no problem on lane 1. Don’t ask me how I know 😆

Either you "chasing" him or he "chasing" you .....😜

• Haha! 1

21 hours ago, hansmith said:

Honestly, my elite cn7 is a good car to keep for 10 years if you are not fussy about ride comfort and power. 

Everything else is solid. Fuel economy, ventilated front seats, wireless apple car play / android auto, electric car seats with memory , rear air-con, smart boot. 

When i say ride comfort, i just mean its not comparable to good luxury sedan where any bumps or uneven roads will not be felt by me or my passengers. Of course, I cannot expect that at this price point although i wish the ride comfort was better.

Power i will just say the pick up is on the weak side and i can feel it struggling abit if i am going up a hill. But, its a 1.6L car. Also can't complain.

Any car is good enough for 10 years... it's only in Singapore that we are limited to 10 years... but you just need to go north to see many cars over 20 years still running fine... an example I noticed quite a bit in Malaysia is the Hyundai Matrix... I have also seen one or two still running in Singapore... basically by running the car for as long as possible, it's greener than changing every few years... since these cars tend to be scrapped rather than re-exported...

• Praise 1

19 hours ago, Confusedboi said:

How's the ride and handling at that kind of speeds... I've only ever done 180 kmh overseas in a tiny Vauxhall Corsa...

1 hour ago, teomingern said:

How's the ride and handling at that kind of speeds... I've only ever done 180 kmh overseas in a tiny Vauxhall Corsa...

Er You mean my old Lao pok COE car? It’s just very noisy Loh from both the wind noise and the engine noise 😆.  Car chassis feels  stable and handles well, steering wheel doesn’t shake much.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Hi All,

I will collect my avante next week. Would like to join you all in your telegram group. Please help to add me (@Silve) 😊

Thank you!

(edited)

@teomingern 

its good if you are bear in mind this is a torsion beam suspension car (which is the cheapest type ; nothing wrong as cn7 is really an entry level sedan).

i.e. all bumps and humps on the road, you will feel it in the car cabin. 

if you are coming from a multilink suspension car, its obviously not comparable.

And, furthermore, if you are coming from a luxury sedan car with active dampening, then the ride comfort is completely not comparable at all.

Edited by hansmith

2 hours ago, hansmith said:

@teomingern 

its good if you are bear in mind this is a torsion beam suspension car (which is the cheapest type ; nothing wrong as cn7 is really an entry level sedan).

i.e. all bumps and humps on the road, you will feel it in the car cabin. 

if you are coming from a multilink suspension car, its obviously not comparable.

And, furthermore, if you are coming from a luxury sedan car with active dampening, then the ride comfort is completely not comparable at all.

Torsion beam suspension doesn't have to be very poor... many small cars even Continental ones ride on torsion beam suspension for it's space saving features... and some of those cars are pretty well set up... certainly not comparable to much larger sedans but I won't equate torsion beam suspension to poor ride compliance immediately...

• Praise 2

2 hours ago, teomingern said:

Torsion beam suspension doesn't have to be very poor... many small cars even Continental ones ride on torsion beam suspension for it's space saving features... and some of those cars are pretty well set up... certainly not comparable to much larger sedans but I won't equate torsion beam suspension to poor ride compliance immediately...

If you read my post carefully, we can see that i never said anything about it being "poor" or "very poor". You came up with that yourself.

I actually said its good (for a torsion beam car) and nothing wrong with it.

I have sat in luxury cars WITH active dampening before and its a whole world of difference. 

Note that i have said luxury cars WITH active dampening. So i am specifically talking about those kinds of cars.

Luxury sedan cars without active dampening was not part of my comments.

Edited by hansmith

Internal Moderator
On 7/20/2022 at 1:40 PM, hansmith said:

Or you could sell yours at $130K - $135K and buy a cheaper used PARF or even COE car haha. 🙃

1 minute ago, BabyBlade said:

Or you could sell yours at $130K - $135K and buy a cheaper used PARF or even COE car haha. 🙃

Sadly, used cn7 elite with 9 years left isn't worth that much lah.

I wish it was though. How much is it worth? Closer to $120k (if you sell yourself).

If you trade in, deduct another $10k for dealer margin. 

On 7/20/2022 at 1:40 PM, hansmith said:

haiyahhhh....any car bought 3 yrs ago also good to keep ler compared to current prices..