2021 Hyundai Elantra / Avante (CN7)

Carbon82

1 hour ago, Dragonong said:

As in the ride comfort you mean

Yup... exactly... better to change the shocks to coilovers... but hard to tune the shock absorption lar...

↡ Advertisement

coils will be pretty hard leh... hmmm.. easier just not to play corner and drive safe then. lol

5 hours ago, teomingern said:

Yup... exactly... better to change the shocks to coilovers... but hard to tune the shock absorption lar...

Hi everyone, i’m very keen in getting a Hyundai Avante… Wanted to hear on-the-ground feedbacks and reviews. Can I join your WhatsApp or telegram group?

• Praise 1

5 hours ago, Benji7 said:

Hi everyone, i’m very keen in getting a Hyundai Avante… Wanted to hear on-the-ground feedbacks and reviews. Can I join your WhatsApp or telegram group?

Me too, I am also very keen on the Avante and wants to the ground feedback as well.

Just wonder why everyone is getting the S trim instead of the Elite trim? 

On 5/7/2021 at 6:54 PM, james1055 said:

Me too, I am also very keen on the Avante and wants to the ground feedback as well.

Just wonder why everyone is getting the S trim instead of the Elite trim? 

Cos best bang for buck... doesn't have the fat trimmings of the Elite but the majority of the important features of the Elite are present in the S trim...

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Hi I'm thinking of getting the Avante too.   Is your SE good?    Can recommend me?   Especially willing to give discount/freebies type.   Thanks in advance!

Edited by kool2
  • Praise 1

20 hours ago, james1055 said:

@teomingern  But it doesn't have the memory seats and the aircon seats, it is important to have it as SGP is too hot, at least it cools down our body during driving.

Can live without lar... if you never had it, you don't know what you miss mah...

22 hours ago, kool2 said:

Hi I'm thinking of getting the Avante too.   Is your SE good?    Can recommend me?   Especially willing to give discount/freebies type.   Thanks in advance!

I pm you.

Neutral Newbie

Hi avante owners, when you all purchase the car do you compare it to Mazda 3 astina model? Somehow I felt that Mazda 3 interior is much better than the new avante.

20 minutes ago, Kguanz said:

Hi avante owners, when you all purchase the car do you compare it to Mazda 3 astina model? Somehow I felt that Mazda 3 interior is much better than the new avante.

was looking at Mazda 3 Astina, and Cn7 elite. 

Areas where I felt Mazda 3 was better:

- better speakers
- more premium interior
- nicer design (subjective, not that CN7 is not nice just that I prefer Mazda 3's looks)
- the colour soul red is damn nice
- got spare tyre
- HUD (a bit boliao but makes me feel like living in the  future)
- speed limit indicator on dashboard
- 360 view when parking

Areas where I felt CN7 was better:

- rear seats a hell lot better
- price
- boot space
- passenger electric seat
- wireless android auto
- ventilated seats
- smart cruise control

In the end I decided to get Avante Elite because of the rear legroom (Mazda 3 rear seat can maybe fit 1x poodle), electric seat for passenger, and ventilated seats. 

• Praise 4

2 hours ago, Kguanz said:

Astina:

- 7 airbags

- Paddle Shifters

- 18 inch rims

- Adaptive LED Headlights

- HUD

- 360 degree Camera

- Front Cross Traffic Alert with Braking, Reverse Automatic Braking

- Distance & Speed Alert

- Cruising & Traffic Support

- Driver Monitoring

- Bose sound system

- Walk away lock

- Auto tilt mirror while reversing

- Better looking exterior & interior, materials used feel more premium (imo)

Elite: 

- Passenger powered seat

- Ventilated & heated seats

- Tyre Pressure Monitoring System

- Wireless Apple Carplay & Android Auto ( Mazda 3 needs to use cable)

- Smart Cruise Control with stop & go (Mazda 3 can only activate ACC at 30 km/h and above)

- Smart Trunk

- Bigger rear & boot space

These are some of the differences between them. If you want a good looking sedan with plush interior go for Mazda 3, if you want a spacious and attention grabbing car, go for Hyundai Avante. These two cars have ADAS and are both very good cars in their segment so it all depends on your preference. Go for a test drive to see which one you like more. But if you want Mazda 3, try to go for Elegance variant since it shares most of the Astina features except for the Bose sound system and some other aesthetic and it's cheaper.

• Praise 2

2 hours ago, whyhx said:

was looking at Mazda 3 Astina, and Cn7 elite. 

Areas where I felt Mazda 3 was better:

- better speakers
- more premium interior
- nicer design (subjective, not that CN7 is not nice just that I prefer Mazda 3's looks)
- the colour soul red is damn nice
- got spare tyre
- HUD (a bit boliao but makes me feel like living in the  future)
- speed limit indicator on dashboard
- 360 view when parking

Areas where I felt CN7 was better:

- rear seats a hell lot better
- price
- boot space
- passenger electric seat
- wireless android auto
- ventilated seats
- smart cruise control

In the end I decided to get Avante Elite because of the rear legroom (Mazda 3 rear seat can maybe fit 1x poodle), electric seat for passenger, and ventilated seats. 

good choice

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie
2 hours ago, Mr_LTH said:

Astina:

- 7 airbags

- Paddle Shifters

- 18 inch rims

- Adaptive LED Headlights

- HUD

- 360 degree Camera

- Front Cross Traffic Alert with Braking, Reverse Automatic Braking

- Distance & Speed Alert

- Cruising & Traffic Support

- Driver Monitoring

- Bose sound system

- Walk away lock

- Auto tilt mirror while reversing

- Better looking exterior & interior, materials used feel more premium (imo)

Elite: 

- Passenger powered seat

- Ventilated & heated seats

- Tyre Pressure Monitoring System

- Wireless Apple Carplay & Android Auto ( Mazda 3 needs to use cable)

- Smart Cruise Control with stop & go (Mazda 3 can only activate ACC at 30 km/h and above)

- Smart Trunk

- Bigger rear & boot space

These are some of the differences between them. If you want a good looking sedan with plush interior go for Mazda 3, if you want a spacious and attention grabbing car, go for Hyundai Avante. These two cars have ADAS and are both very good cars in their segment so it all depends on your preference. Go for a test drive to see which one you like more. But if you want Mazda 3, try to go for Elegance variant since it shares most of the Astina features except for the Bose sound system and some other aesthetic and it's cheaper.

@Mr_LTH @whyhx thanks for all the feedbacks. Yeah I feel in term of practicality and price avante seem to come out better except have to compromise the plastic interior. However my wife prefer the astina better as it look more posh inside. Haha

Another thing is how's the resale value of these two model? Based on their both predecessor models seem to be regularly seem on the road.

↡ Advertisement