2021 Hyundai Elantra / Avante (CN7)

Carbon82

55 minutes ago, Frozentouch said:

Hi Guys. May I know if the passenger grab rail be removed?

Its a fixture. Unless you saw it away, else it cannot be removed.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

22 hours ago, Joelhaw said:

@WangZhizhong For me on average for 8000km+ is about 14km/l. This question was asked by many, the main thing abt FC is your driving pattern and the route that you take. More highway better FC. On stock 16" the car can go as high as 18-20km/l. At the end of the day, just enjoy the car, don't have to bother so much about FC lah. 😂

thats nice! haha, i am on 18", since like FC increases... and now Esso 95 is 2.59... 😅

On 10/18/2021 at 12:04 AM, Tianmo said:

depends on what mode you are on lor. Whats your FC like? [laugh][laugh][laugh]

First pump, maybe 650km on full tank

second pump, 500km on full tank.... 😅😅😅😅

1 hour ago, Hubhub69 said:

Smart or ECO mode to save fuel? 

I dont think Eco gives you much more mileage. I managed 15.0km/l (Normal mode), S trim with stock rims. About 60% highway, 

1 hour ago, Hubhub69 said:

Smart or ECO mode to save fuel? 

if you drive in an unhurried manner, smart mode will give you similar results to eco. personally i'm on normal, as i don't find eco to be particularly fuel saving. normal gives you better pickup, and that added pickup i feel helps get me into cruising speed faster, which is where this car really shines in terms of fuel economy

• Praise 3

On 10/17/2021 at 6:04 PM, 13177 said:

Actually if you really forgotten when you park your car in suntec, even the beep beep sound also might not able to save you. Cause i encountered before last time when car still have beep beep sound, i forgotten which level and which sector i parked my car in suntec, even i keep pressing my car remote also cannot locate the car, due to carpark too big and the distance wavelength of the remote also not that far. In the end think i spent an hour to find the car. 😅

Exactly... I recall owning a 'champagne' Corolla - the last Japanese made one... and I left it in Suntec... there was an uncle on a bicycle and he noticed I was lost... and then he asked me what model of car and color, and when I told him, he laughed and sighed at the same time... at that time, almost every car was the Corolla and in this color... much like the ubiquitous Vezel now...  don't worry, the Elantra isn't in that situation right now.. 

• Haha! 5

COEs climbing..

In the days gone by, Hyundai had this thing with COE top ups and under bidding for COEs... I wonder if they will try another hare brained scheme during these high COE times... 

2 hours ago, therock said:

COEs climbing..

In the days gone by, Hyundai had this thing with COE top ups and under bidding for COEs... I wonder if they will try another hare brained scheme during these high COE times... 

Sales of korea cars might not be so good during high coe times?

On 10/19/2021 at 7:46 PM, therock said:

Exactly... I recall owning a 'champagne' Corolla - the last Japanese made one... and I left it in Suntec... there was an uncle on a bicycle and he noticed I was lost... and then he asked me what model of car and color, and when I told him, he laughed and sighed at the same time... at that time, almost every car was the Corolla and in this color... much like the ubiquitous Vezel now...  don't worry, the Elantra isn't in that situation right now.. 

Actually even now still can see many Corolla Altis from different generation parked at carpark. Might not easy to find if you lost your car.

5 hours ago, therock said:

COEs climbing..

can't speak for all the models in their line-up, but they have huge margins on the cn7 and notably more so when compared against the other jap/korean competitors in its class, so i suspect they will be able to manage this period of sharp coe increases better than their rivals. if anyone needs to resort to those schemes, they'll probably not be the first 😛 

On 10/20/2021 at 11:16 PM, 13177 said:

Sales of korea cars might not be so good during high coe times?

In the past indeed, this was the trend. When COE climbs up, Jap and Korean cars didnt sell well. Most people bit the bullet and went for continental brands like VW.

Neutral Newbie

Hi all, able to share the link to Whatsapp or Telegram group? Just secured my COE for Avante 'S' model.

Thanks in advance!

↡ Advertisement