2021 Hyundai Elantra / Avante (CN7)

Carbon82

1 hour ago, Fcw75 said:

What’s that handle for sia?

Obstacle to get a BJ from front passenger for driver. 🤣

Maybe got a handle for left hand above the door, then need another one for right hand in case the driver e brake. Safety reasons. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 3

2 minutes ago, Daniu82 said:

Maybe got a handle for left hand above the door, then need another one for right hand in case the driver e brake. Safety reasons. 

Got seat belt leh.

25 minutes ago, Daniu82 said:

haha why think so much. I think it's to make yourself "special". Add something that is not needed [laugh]

• Haha! 1

2 hours ago, Vinceng said:

C pillar comes in white gloss material.

For cars with function to turn off rear aircon, you will realise that the front aircon air flow is stronger .  

I've turned mine off a few times but I don't feel any difference leh...

check with you all ah... When i called KMC they said only have NG COE package. Was there a time when there was a G package pricing? I read the past COE threads super scared of KMC liao and their NG COE bidding...

9 hours ago, yellowshaun said:

check with you all ah... When i called KMC they said only have NG COE package. Was there a time when there was a G package pricing? I read the past COE threads super scared of KMC liao and their NG COE bidding...

If I nvr remember wrongly, there was a time they came up with a tier system. Higher tier means higher price, which equals to higher chance to get the COE. Something like guarantee COE.

• Praise 1

33 minutes ago, Nudgedoink said:

No ambient lighting and smaller display with downgraded sound system at 107k. I guess must thank them for letting me know that the new Corolla Altis is the one for me. Lol

to give them some times to bring the price down by doing.. 

• Praise 1

48 minutes ago, Nudgedoink said:

No ambient lighting and smaller display with downgraded sound system at 107k. I guess must thank them for letting me know that the new Corolla Altis is the one for me. Lol

lasted checked 1.6 Elegance at 106k with much less features? Nt sure why you think Altis is the better one here.

17 minutes ago, kelaihoyin said:

lasted checked 1.6 Elegance at 106k with much less features? Nt sure why you think Altis is the better one here.

Because though korean cars have improved by leaps and bounds, to be on par with Japs in terms of pricing is still hard to swallow. Perhaps old school thinking, but its my opinion. As mentioned, its my decision, not saying that its the right one for everyone. 

Secondly, these features that got stripped away contibute to the whole package and design they are going for. Altis is and was already a simple but reliable car. The upgraded double wishbone system contributes to the most comfortable ride in the market with excellent fc. These are things that I enjoy.

Nevertheless, will view all cars in the segment before committing. 

• Praise 1

13 hours ago, yellowshaun said:

New models normally will get COE cos AD wants to put the new cars on the road ASAP. Also as selling price is high, AD would have factored in small increase in COE so don't fret, likely to get the COE. Those complaints were due to low prices for the outgoing model that banked on COE price going lower due to the pandemic but it did not materialise n hence bid failed.

• Praise 4

6 minutes ago, Nudgedoink said:

Because though korean cars have improved by leaps and bounds, to be on par with Japs in terms of pricing is still hard to swallow. Perhaps old school thinking, but its my opinion. As mentioned, its my decision, not saying that its the right one for everyone. 

Secondly, these features that got stripped away contibute to the whole package and design they are going for. Altis is and was already a simple but reliable car. The upgraded double wishbone system contributes to the most comfortable ride in the market with excellent fc. These are things that I enjoy.

Nevertheless, will view all cars in the segment before committing. 

U do know Altis has no Apple car play and AA right? Although I'm glad to read that the Elegance model has Toyota Sensing which is a big leap from the previous version.

• Praise 4

1 minute ago, Spring said:

U do know Altis has no Apple car play and AA right? Although I'm glad to read that the Elegance model has Toyota Sensing which is a big leap from the previous version.

Yeps thats why I am not saying that altis is better in terms of features, but the things they have are more important to me like the comfort and safety with sensing. More practical things I guess. For AA and ACP, I don't care for that much. I just need a simple Bluetooth connection to play my mp3 files which even my 2 year old Jazz can do.

Avante on the other needs to have great features imo as that's the way they're marketed. Kind of a different take on a C segment sedan as the altis. That's why its quite disappointing to see the reduction of these "parts" which together is what makes the avante greater than the sum of its parts. 

6 minutes ago, Nudgedoink said:

Yeps thats why I am not saying that altis is better in terms of features, but the things they have are more important to me like the comfort and safety with sensing. More practical things I guess. For AA and ACP, I don't care for that much. I just need a simple Bluetooth connection to play my mp3 files which even my 2 year old Jazz can do.

Avante on the other needs to have great features imo as that's the way they're marketed. Kind of a different take on a C segment sedan as the altis. That's why its quite disappointing to see the reduction of these "parts" which together is what makes the avante greater than the sum of its parts. 

Agreed to each his own. Altis for some, Avante for others; no right no wrong.

But I don't quite follow your "reduction of parts" point. Avante has 3 variants n naturally the base variant is stripped off certain features whilst the highest end has the full suite. Likwise, Altis has a standard variant which doesn't have Toyota sensing whilst elegance version has. This quite similar for most cars to cater for different budgets so what's with the "reduction of parts" point? Care to clarify?

• Praise 4

16 minutes ago, Spring said:

Agreed to each his own. Altis for some, Avante for others; no right no wrong.

But I don't quite follow your "reduction of parts" point. Avante has 3 variants n naturally the base variant is stripped off certain features whilst the highest end has the full suite. Likwise, Altis has a standard variant which doesn't have Toyota sensing whilst elegance version has. This quite similar for most cars to cater for different budgets so what's with the "reduction of parts" point? Care to clarify?

I guess when I saw the promos for the elantra/avante few months back, features like the ambient lights, great sound system and amazing display is what drew me to the car and really completed the package. With all those, it would've really been the king here for the segment if one is looking for the most modern car in the segment. Unfortunately by stripping off these features (even in the elite variant), it feels rather incomplete with regards to the way its marketed. 

I agree with you on the different price points for different budgets and all my info for what is provided on the elite is from reading this thread so I stand corrected if I am mistaken. Honestly if the elite did come with those things mentioned, it would really complete the package and provide a very compelling offer as compared to the japs and its korean counterpart, even at this price.

Edited by Nudgedoink

1 hour ago, kelaihoyin said:

Depends on what you are looking for.

Altis comes with a "better" suspension setup - Double Wishbone (Rear) vs Torism beam (Rear) on the Avante.

If you look at features (electronics), Avante wins for sure. 

Not to forget, Toyota is actually a cheaper car to own, yearly depreciation of $9,700 vs Avante Elite $10,000+.

Then again, car is a very personal thing. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3