2021 Hyundai Elantra / Avante (CN7)

Carbon82

3 hours ago, bonjin said:

https://www.straitstimes.com/life/motoring/the-avante-advantage

overall quite a positive review. i liked the part where he observed people looking at the new avante like a supercar lol

Have noticed since the launched of the avante back in 2006, all the generation of avante and elantra between the years of 2006 to the latest 2020 avante, all have quite positive review.

↡ Advertisement

19 minutes ago, bonjin said:

Yes I noticed that too! My SE was previously adamant they won’t be bringing basic model back, but obviously that’s not the case now. 

What you saw was the basic indeed and only the launch customers from the first batch would have had the option to get it. Until now that is. 

I already saw one basic trim of the new avante on the road liao.

17 minutes ago, Ganwb79 said:

Komoco must have "lubed" Christopher Tan up substantially for him to write until got mountain got typhoon. Supercar? Teenagers snapping photos? Seriously?

Due to the ‘sophisticated’ design of this avante, guess surely would attract some attention from passer-by. Esp now this car still not very common on the road yet.

• Praise 2

22 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Have noticed since the launched of the avante back in 2006, all the generation of avante and elantra between the years of 2006 to the latest 2020 avante, all have quite positive review.

like any reviewer mainly you will get input of positive review/point only. 

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, andrewyewkc said:

The car is beautiful but when he wrote "supercar", this Christopher Tan lost all credibility as a motoring writer to me.

As a reviewer who works for straits times and it is the newspaper which most agents advertise in, you cannot expect him to keep his job if too many negative traits are written. 

• Praise 2

32 minutes ago, RogerNg_185295 said:

As a reviewer who works for straits times and it is the newspaper which most agents advertise in, you cannot expect him to keep his job if too many negative traits are written. 

There was a radio advert some time back whereby the man cannot year any criticism from his partner... If I rem correctly, the tagline was “hear only the good things/stuff”

Too bad our country not like MY got a lot of fairer reviewers that will give honest opinions about problems with the car’s features... Wapcar and auto buzz come to mind of honest reviewers...

9 hours ago, 13177 said:

Due to the ‘sophisticated’ design of this avante, guess surely would attract some attention from passer-by. Esp now this car still not very common on the road yet.

There is one Red one parking at my MSCP recently and seen it, lie not bad. Hope the price can drop further then we can go in. 😂

10 minutes ago, james1055 said:

There is one Red one parking at my MSCP recently and seen it, lie not bad. Hope the price can drop further then we can go in. 😂

I believe the price will drop further. 

Hi,

OMV $18780, ARF $8780.

If want high OMV, go more Branded car like BMW, MERC, MARSARATI? Anyway will be higher price as well. Bottom line is work within ur budget. Car is not essential, go test it out as see what u like and if can afford it is the most important. 🙂

1 hour ago, yslimh said:

Hi,

OMV $18780, ARF $8780.

If want high OMV, go more Branded car like BMW, MERC, MARSARATI? Anyway will be higher price as well. Bottom line is work within ur budget. Car is not essential, go test it out as see what u like and if can afford it is the most important. 🙂

Actually this OMV and VES banding got impact on the value of the car.

I try to compare this Avante with my Steppie:

For selling price: A=$100,00, S=$125,000 --> diff=$25,000

For OMV: A=$18780, S=$31,622

For ARF: A=$8780, S=$36,271 (Steppie no VES subsidy while Avante got $10k subsidy makan by dealer)

After 10 years can get back: A=$4390, S=$18,135 --> diff=$13,745

So effectively the Avante buyer is paying $100,000 + ($25,000-$13,745) = $111,255 for the car comparing to Steppie as he did not benefit from the VES subsidy directly. Just imagine the Avante buyer just need to top up about $10k to get a better car at $125k category that most likely will come without any VES subsidy.

And if the Avante buyer wish to sell his car along the way, the car dealer will use the fact that the parf value is only $4390 to low ball him.

But then again, I do not advocate calculating like this when choosing a car, But this should be at the back of your mind when making the decision.

Edited by Heartlander

The front looks futuristic and nice to me.

The sides looks like the designer was drawing halfway then became very frustrated then just crossed out the design. Hey presto, the design came out. 🤣

The back just doesn’t cut it for me, looks weird. Never like the whole strip red taillight across the back. Same with the Macan and Lexus.

But beauty is in the eyes of the beholder I guess, personal preferences. 

But hey, people also buy the Nissan Joke so...

Edited by Fcw75
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

27 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

The front looks futuristic and nice to me.

The sides looks like the designer was drawing halfway then became very frustrated then just crossed out the design. Hey presto, the design came out. 🤣

The back just doesn’t cut it for me, looks weird. Never like the whole strip red taillight across the back. Same with the Macan and Lexus.

But beauty is in the eyes of the beholder I guess, personal preferences. 

But hey, people also buy the Nissan Joke so...

of i not mistaken the rear boot portion make of plastic? please correct me if wrong.

if true then if long exposure direct under sun and hot weather, the concern is crack? will this happen?

versus front and rear bumpers are facing side way it less subject directly under sun. 

6 minutes ago, Contipro said:

of i not mistaken the rear boot portion make of plastic? please correct me if wrong.

if true then if long exposure direct under sun and hot weather, the concern is crack? will this happen?

versus front and rear bumpers are facing side way it less subject directly under sun. 

Which part ah?

But bumpers and many other external trims are also made of plastic.

34 minutes ago, F430 said:

Will the 1.6 turbo be brought in?

if a 1.6 NA engine costs around 100k, the 1.6 turbo will be 15-20k more as the OMV will be significantly more, and the VES rebate will swing to the other direction. Will you pay that much more?

If so, you may wish to press your rep to bring an indent car for you...  

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Juicyjuice said:

Lol sell so exp but still no LED headlight? Saw from sgcarmart. Not sure true or not

Elite trim has factory LED. For the S model, you can retrofit aftermarket LED or white halogen - the bulb type is HB3

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1