2021 Hyundai Elantra / Avante (CN7)

Carbon82

21 hours ago, Cheefarn said:

Wow very nice looking interior.

I got a strong hunch the digital speedometer cluster is an option.

↡ Advertisement

Supersonic
22 hours ago, Cheefarn said:

I'm IMPRESSED!

She can talk non stop and so fluid for 6 min straight

• Haha! 1

In Korea, they are getting the same Multi-Port injection engine as the Venue. Maybe that is a good news and hopefully the new engine will make it here.

• Praise 2

10 hours ago, Ahtea said:

In Korea, they are getting the same Multi-Port injection engine as the Venue. Maybe that is a good news and hopefully the new engine will make it here.

The PVC pipe colour is nice.

9 hours ago, Sdf4786k said:

The PVC pipe colour is nice.

I thought so too. The reviewer also said, the car looks better in actual than in picture.

On 4/7/2020 at 4:00 PM, Cheefarn said:

From the video, there is an optional feature of using phone NFC and keycard for car entry.

What's everyone view on the use of keycard for car entry? It seems to be a step back from the usual keyless entry since smart card entry requires the driver to tap the card against the door handle.

On 4/8/2020 at 12:27 PM, Sugimoto said:

Ok, dying malibu comrade.

My FIL drives Prius...hated it from the start..HAHA..the car I mean

On 3/20/2020 at 4:33 PM, Heartbreakid said:

I find the Civic is much more attractive and original. There is too much going on to the Elantra.

I beg to differ

i always find civic rear light very ugly. No offense to civic owners here

• Praise 3

On 4/8/2020 at 10:13 PM, Ahtea said:

Quite impressive. Will be a volume seller in 2021. 

19 hours ago, Cj12329 said:

My FIL drives Prius...hated it from the start..HAHA..the car I mean

Ok, can.

Even you hate your FIL from the start also none of my business..HAHA

Edited by Sugimoto

On 4/11/2020 at 2:09 AM, Thaiyotakamli said:

Very impressive design esp rear windscreen design

I watched this too... overall pretty impressive for a family sedan... no blind spot monitor is a bit of a loss compared to current generation Elite trim... unless he's not testing the top trim but from the gauges and entertainment screen and sunroof, it looks like the top trim in Korea... unfortunately for this channel, he doesn't talk about trim levels... but we're likely to get the same engine and drive train specifications as what he's driving... 1.6 L NA engine with Smartstream and CVVD (I hope) plus IVT (or CVT)... 

• Praise 2

21 minutes ago, teomingern said:

I watched this too... overall pretty impressive for a family sedan... no blind spot monitor is a bit of a loss compared to current generation Elite trim... unless he's not testing the top trim but from the gauges and entertainment screen and sunroof, it looks like the top trim in Korea... unfortunately for this channel, he doesn't talk about trim levels... but we're likely to get the same engine and drive train specifications as what he's driving... 1.6 L NA engine with Smartstream and CVVD (I hope) plus IVT (or CVT)... 

That will be on the facelift

if everything throw in then facelift how to do lol

• Haha! 1

1.6l NA for car of this size boleh ah? Sounds abit insufficient to me unless it’s a turbo which obviously Elantra doesn’t hv. 

• Praise 6

2 hours ago, teomingern said:

CVVD is only applicable for the new 1.6 Turbo engine which is fitted to the latest Sonata.

The new 1.6 smartstream which is fitted to local Venue actually has slightly less horsepower than Avante's 1.6, but the IVT probably is a more efficient transmission which able to improve fuel economy with quicker 0 to 100km/h times (Korean facelifted Avante AD clocked 10.7s). Hence I wonder if our local Avante AD engine fitted with this IVT will it have even better acceleration times or not since it is more powerful than the smartstream 1.6 engine. Hmm...

Edited by Heartbreakid
  • Praise 3

1 minute ago, Spring said:

1.6l NA for car of this size boleh ah? Sounds abit insufficient to me unless it’s a turbo which obviously Elantra doesn’t hv. 

The new Avante CN7 is said to be lighter. If the smartstream 1.6 fitted to Korean facelifted AD can achieved better acceleration times than our AD, the same smartstream 1.6 should perform slightly better in the new lighter Avante CN7.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1