2021 Hyundai Elantra / Avante (CN7)

Carbon82

5 hours ago, Brass said:

Eclipse Cross is an honest pos.

Its rear looks like an old Prius and i am not sure what usp does it have. Moreover, the spirit of Mitsubishi is dead after the end of the Lancer.

Speaking of which, where is the Sonata?

Doubt the sonata will come to sg also. Feels like kmc alr gave up on the luxury sedan segment, hard to compete also. People will rather go buy an entry level class conti than a kimchi luxury sedan. 

Sinkaporeans want face and image. 

Edited by ferrytales
↡ Advertisement

17 hours ago, james1055 said:

Really, then they provide lower specs with a higher cost?

I would say, cut corners. They probably dont want the car to touch the 20k OMV level (for the S trim).

10 hours ago, ferrytales said:

Saw it cruising down the highway, can't get over the sharp edges on the boot. Front and side look decent but damn... The butt looks weird. Kinda reminds me of the eclipse cross, a mini version. 

Interior wise when I saw at kmc, pretty decent. If only they did the coupe feel without the sharp edges like a a5 sport back, make it smooth and clean. 

I think the sharp boot is either a love or hate thing. But i feel the car is more a front looking car (eg. look nicer from the front).

6 hours ago, Brass said:

Its rear looks like an old Prius and i am not sure what usp does it have. Moreover, the spirit of Mitsubishi is dead after the end of the Lancer.

Heard they couldnt agree on the specs to bring in.

Bring in low trim, the car looks plain. Bring in high trim, the price cannot compete. I doubt the car will come in anytime soon. 

6 hours ago, Brass said:

Eclipse cross rear is ugly. So this avante rear also a bit overdone. 😅

46 minutes ago, ferrytales said:

Doubt the sonata will come to sg also. Feels like kmc alr gave up on the luxury sedan segment, hard to compete also. People will rather go buy an entry level class conti than a kimchi luxury sedan. 

Maybe true, since nowadays those entry level conti price is about the same as korean and jap luxury sedan, many would go for conti. You see the kia stinger sales not say very good i think?!

while the new avante didn't make the cut-off deadline for sgcarmart's car of the year 2020, it has for the straits times!

https://www.straitstimes.com/life/motoring/which-is-the-straits-times-car-of-the-year

it's all in the hands of the panel of judges tho, so we'll just have to wait for a couple of weeks to see how they score the car 🙂 

Edited by bonjin

Caught right of two new Avantes today... a grey and a black... the black looks better from the front... the grey look better from the side... neither looks good from the rear... the front is very low... really exaggerated lowered look... not everyone's cup of tea... the grey one I saw had a smaller infotainment screen... doesn't look so nice... anyway took a glance inside only... definitely different from the run of the mill...

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, teomingern said:

Caught right of two new Avantes today... a grey and a black... the black looks better from the front... the grey look better from the side... neither looks good from the rear... the front is very low... really exaggerated lowered look... not everyone's cup of tea... the grey one I saw had a smaller infotainment screen... doesn't look so nice... anyway took a glance inside only... definitely different from the run of the mill...

I thought the infotainment screens are standard across the range?

• Praise 4

7 minutes ago, Spring said:

I thought the infotainment screens are standard across the range?

it not the same.

our local top  range now is not the same as korea top range.

16 minutes ago, keanC said:

it not the same.

the center infotainment screen is the same across all 3 trims in singapore, but smaller than the 10.25" that's the top-end option in korea.

the only screen that varies amongst the local trims is the instrument panel - full lcd for the S and elite, but a traditional analogue cluster for the basic

• Praise 1

7 hours ago, keanC said:

it not the same.

I’m not comparing with Korea. Comparing the 3 trims offered locally is same infortainment size right? Cos that bro said he saw a smaller screen in 1 of the 2 Avantes he saw. 

• Praise 4

2 hours ago, Spring said:

I’m not comparing with Korea. Comparing the 3 trims offered locally is same infortainment size right? Cos that bro said he saw a smaller screen in 1 of the 2 Avantes he saw. 

Smaller screen? Maybe it is the basic trim? 

20 minutes ago, 13177 said:

All 3 trims uses the smaller 8 inch infotainment display I believe. No model has the 10.25 inch one here. 

• Praise 1

On 12/5/2020 at 10:08 AM, ferrytales said:

That means that kmc Understand the local market well. Sell cars that can make make money for the company.  Dun take unnecessary risks. 

2 hours ago, 13177 said:

2 hours ago, Thecarboy302 said:

All 3 trims uses the smaller 8 inch infotainment display I believe. No model has the 10.25 inch one here. 

I also thought it was the same across all 3 trims but seems bro @teomingern claims he saw a smaller screen for one of the Avantes

• Praise 3