2021 Hyundai Elantra / Avante (CN7)

Carbon82

6 hours ago, Spring said:

I’m not comparing with Korea. Comparing the 3 trims offered locally is same infortainment size right? Cos that bro said he saw a smaller screen in 1 of the 2 Avantes he saw. 

Sorry... I was not clear... I meant smaller than the 10.25" that has been seen on the top trim spec overseas... I think the one I saw is only 8 inches...

Sorry for any confusion... ha ha...

Edited by teomingern
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

So far, liking the quite cabin (though the tires abit to the noisy side), the torque as compared to my previous Altis. Have not encountered Forward Collision Avoidance feature in action, nor Blindspot Collision Avoidance Assist.
However 2 things I don't really like : Radio reception, Aircon. 

Oh, 1 more thing is the speaker balance only can adjust Left or Right, there is no Front or Back.

Edited by LJSG
  • Praise 1

4 minutes ago, teomingern said:

What's wrong with both?

Poor reception. Aircon also not cooling enough. Have to set around 20 Degree, at least that is how i feel on my driving side. My previous vehicle 25 degree already cold

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, LJSG said:

So far, liking the quite cabin (though the tires abit to the noisy side), the torque as compared to my previous Altis. Have not encountered Forward Collision Avoidance feature in action, nor Blindspot Collision Avoidance Assist.

Oh, 1 more thing is the speaker balance only can adjust Left or Right, there is no Front or Back.

For speakers u double check in the settings, even my previous gen avante can adjust front/back/left/right. 

1 hour ago, LJSG said:

The speakers seems to be only in the front. Good to know that the aircon is not cold, guess Mazda 6/Camry (from PI) will be better for me as I was considering between this and Mazda 6/Camry(PI).

Edited by iwonder

1 hour ago, LJSG said:

oh, another new owner? welcome to the club 🙂 

and yes, i agree with your observations regarding radio (marginal issue to me) but in particular the aircon - have to set it at 22.5 and lower else it doesn't cool. rear vents also outputting noticeably warmer air than the front vents. not sure what the issue is, maybe something to do with the thermostat? will sound out when i return for 1k servicing in a week or two.

i've also not had a chance to see those 2 safety features at work, but happy to keep it that way 😛 

• Haha! 1

21 minutes ago, ferrytales said:

For speakers u double check in the settings, even my previous gen avante can adjust front/back/left/right. 

no matter how still no option to adjust sound forward or back, even though the manual says there is. may need to ask KMC

10 minutes ago, iwonder said:

The speakers seems to be only in the front. Good to know that the aircon is not cold, guess Mazda 6/Camry (from PI) will be better for me as I was considering between this and Mazda 6/Camry(PI).

so far i listened, there are 6 speakers; 2 on each front doors, and 1 on each back door. Nothing behind the rear passenger seat. 

2 hours ago, Contipro said:

Malaysia version

i had 2 takeaways from watching this vid - didn't know that the wireless charging mat monitored the phone temperature and was capable of directing cool air to the phone to prevent overheating 😮 

also, strong malaysian accent aside, their chinese standard is definitely better than the average singaporean chinese lol

Just now, LJSG said:

and theirs is full LED headlights leh

and the front bumper chrome molding - theirs is equivalent to our elite version. apparently they only have 1 trim

2 hours ago, teomingern said:

Sorry... I was not clear... I meant smaller than the 10.25" that has been seen on the top trim spec overseas... I think the one I saw is only 8 inches...

Sorry for any confusion... ha ha...

So even with the Elite model, it is also not full 10/25" across, so means that it not what we have seen in the Korea specs.

• Haha! 1

3 minutes ago, james1055 said:

So even with the Elite model, it is also not full 10/25" across, so means that it not what we have seen in the Korea specs.

you are so correct! many differences, for the worse

• Praise 1

5 minutes ago, bonjin said:

and the front bumper chrome molding - theirs is equivalent to our elite version. apparently they only have 1 trim

oh yes, that too, but like no sunroof. lets see what their price will be

10 minutes ago, LJSG said:

oh yes, that too, but like no sunroof. lets see what their price will be

Even Elite also no sunroof? wow liao, like that very disappointed lei.

starting to see quite a lot of new avantes now - even saw an amazon gray elite today! haven't seen black yet tho, but otherwise every colour covered 😛 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1