2021 Hyundai Elantra / Avante (CN7)

Carbon82

27 minutes ago, bonjin said:

starting to see quite a lot of new avantes now - even saw an amazon gray elite today! haven't seen black yet tho, but otherwise every colour covered 😛 

Saw one Fluid Metal at Hougang towards AMK.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

30 minutes ago, bonjin said:

starting to see quite a lot of new avantes now - even saw an amazon gray elite today! haven't seen black yet tho, but otherwise every colour covered 😛 

I already saw quite a few new avante on the road, but all difference colour de. Looks like this avante white not so popular as the previous model. People tend to choose others colour.

48 minutes ago, james1055 said:

Saw one Fluid Metal at Hougang towards AMK.

today? i was travelling from amk to hougang earlier today, so if so, a small chance that was me lol

Edited by bonjin
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

11 hours ago, Contipro said:

Malaysia version

Similar equipment trim to our Elite trim, less the sunroof. Wonder why KMC made the decision to bring in the Elite trim with sunroof with most wont even use.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

2 hours ago, bonjin said:

Yea, more and more on the road. Saw 2 today. 1 black one at Portsdown and 1 red one at Old Airport.

• Praise 1

13 minutes ago, Ahtea said:

Similar equipment trim to our Elite trim, less the sunroof. Wonder why KMC made the decision to bring in the Elite trim with sunroof with most wont even use.

I feel the Malaysia trim the Rim much nicer.

Singapore one single tone and dark coloured seem a cheapo version. 

14 minutes ago, Contipro said:

I feel the Malaysia trim the Rim much nicer.

Singapore one single tone and dark coloured seem a cheapo version. 

singapore also have this rim, but it's only for the elite trim. they tie the rims to the trims, so you don't really have a choice once you are settled on a particular trim

32 minutes ago, Ahtea said:

also another questionable choice was to have heated seats for the S trim. maybe one day if i drive up to genting or cameron highlands i can finally find some use for it!

• Haha! 1

20 minutes ago, Contipro said:

another Malaysia review.

seem like this generatuin get lot of attention in bolehland vs previous gen.

Have my doubts tho cause they not getting the turbo engine as the previous gen and for the price they might have to pay, it might not even sell well unless ppl go for the futuristic aesthetics. 

Previous gen with 1.6t alr didn't sell well, now they having the same engine combo as sg, gonna be worse. 

1 hour ago, ferrytales said:

Have my doubts tho cause they not getting the turbo engine as the previous gen and for the price they might have to pay, it might not even sell well unless ppl go for the futuristic aesthetics. 

Previous gen with 1.6t alr didn't sell well, now they having the same engine combo as sg, gonna be worse. 

ya.. in Malaysia this kind of category must match with good power like 1.8L and above.. or turbo.. 

1.6 NA is just underpowered for cruising comfortable in Malaysia highway.. 

thats why Altis and Civic minimal 1.8L NA

2 hours ago, Contipro said:

another Malaysia review.

seem like this generatuin get lot of attention in bolehland vs previous gen.

yeah it's understandable given the eye-catching design improvements both inside and outside - and love it or hate it, he's rightly pointed out that as far as the rear is concerned, hyundai has broken out with a distinctive design whereas it's peers have been stuck in a bottleneck for some time now.

take a closer look at the car in the showrooms and perhaps, you might as he says "被这个相当相当夺魂的黯然销魂fastback造型给吸引了"  😛 

• Praise 2

20 hours ago, bonjin said:

also another questionable choice was to have heated seats for the S trim. maybe one day if i drive up to genting or cameron highlands i can finally find some use for it!

ya lo, this KMC head no use brain. Can change so many things, might as well also change ventilated as standard.

Edited by LJSG
  • Praise 1

1 hour ago, LJSG said:

ya lo, this KMC head no use brain. Can change so many things, might as well also change ventilated as standard.

I don’t believe Komoco is so stupid as to bring in heated seats if they could hv helped it.

Obviously, factory couldn’t remove it or it made no financial sense to take it out n hence they left it as it is. I’m sure any AD would jump at the chance to remove a feature if it could reduce OMV n thus price it competitively so I don’t see why Komoco wouldn’t do so if they could. 

• Praise 10

1 hour ago, Spring said:

I don’t believe Komoco is so stupid as to bring in heated seats if they could hv helped it.

Obviously, factory couldn’t remove it or it made no financial sense to take it out n hence they left it as it is. I’m sure any AD would jump at the chance to remove a feature if it could reduce OMV n thus price it competitively so I don’t see why Komoco wouldn’t do so if they could. 

I believe it's to have a diff between the S & Elite (7k more), to entice buyers to get the elite trim cos we in sg obviously would prefer ventilated seats. 

Edited by LJSG

Neutral Newbie

The experience on CN7 had been great but not without quirks. 

1) Issue with Apple Carplay. The problem happens randomly and the cluster screen will pop up an annoying error that says "Phone Not Responding. Please reconnect it and try again."  Tapping ok to dismiss the error and tapping carplay will bring the map display back. Spotify and direction cues from Waze/Google Map can still be heard while having the error. Don't seem to have a workaround as wired carplay is not available for this model. 

2) Warmer air coming out from rear passenger air con vent. This happens even when both driver and front passenger temp is set to 22 degrees.

On 12/7/2020 at 12:09 AM, bonjin said:

No la. Maybe they were anticipating that one day Singapore will get winter.

• Haha! 2

On 12/7/2020 at 11:31 AM, ferrytales said:

It also looks like they are going to get the 1.6L engine again unlike the previous generation where they got the 2.0L. 

↡ Advertisement