2021 Hyundai Elantra / Avante (CN7)

Carbon82

17 hours ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

That will be on the facelift

if everything throw in then facelift how to do lol

Not sure leh... but to be competitive to what is offered in the Singapore market now it has to be in... I guess they may take out the trick gauge cluster and give you the smaller 8.0" screen... and then in the facelift they throw in everything including the kitchen sink to get it to sell... I mean, what you mentioned seemed to be the strategy for the previous Elantra (before the Avante facelift) but in today's market context, almost everyone's top trim has blind spot monitoring as standard... maybe they will throw in the trick blind spot monitoring that the Sonata gets??? Hahaha... that would be an industry first anywhere in the world...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

15 hours ago, Heartbreakid said:

CVVD is only applicable for the new 1.6 Turbo engine which is fitted to the latest Sonata.

The new 1.6 smartstream which is fitted to local Venue actually has slightly less horsepower than Avante's 1.6, but the IVT probably is a more efficient transmission which able to improve fuel economy with quicker 0 to 100km/h times (Korean facelifted Avante AD clocked 10.7s). Hence I wonder if our local Avante AD engine fitted with this IVT will it have even better acceleration times or not since it is more powerful than the smartstream 1.6 engine. Hmm...

I guess for city driving, a sprightly take-off and ability to squeeze into gaps is more important that 0-100 timing... so I'm hoping for better low and mid-end torque and sacrifice the top-end...

15 hours ago, Spring said:

1.6l NA for car of this size boleh ah? Sounds abit insufficient to me unless it’s a turbo which obviously Elantra doesn’t hv. 

Must see what the kerb weight is first... if same as previously then it's ok... Asian Petrolhead video says the power is sufficient - the guy sounded quite impressed with the power at high speed... maybe it's the IVT doing the trick... I also didn't hear anything about CVT drone or or rubber band lag...

• Praise 1

On 4/11/2020 at 8:10 AM, Spurman said:

2 tone interior is really the way to go.

All black interior kills the atmosphere inside

I like the two-tone style even if it is just cloth... I rather cloth than leatherette...

On 4/12/2020 at 11:52 AM, noobcarbuyer said:

Quite impressive. Will be a volume seller in 2021. 

Provided the prices are competitive still. If they are going to raise the price to be the likes of Altis and Civic, I think many will swing away.

2 hours ago, teomingern said:

I like the two-tone style even if it is just cloth... I rather cloth than leatherette...

For leather, needs to be black colour. Else very hard to maintain.

So yes, if its the 2 tone colour, I will prefer it fabric over leather. 

Supercharged
18 hours ago, Spring said:

1.6l NA for car of this size boleh ah? Sounds abit insufficient to me unless it’s a turbo which obviously Elantra doesn’t hv. 

Perhaps Avante should introduce what I30 has done. the 1.4Turbo.

• Praise 2

IMO, Hyundai maintain two category of cars. The name model and i-series model. Why i-series came about, it was due to the headhunted in 2013, Peter Schreyer from Audi. As such, Hyundai strived to rebrand itself away from being the ‘cheap and cheerful’ choice.

So, I would think the Elantra/Avante will still remain as N.A engine 1.6L (for SG). The i-series will take a turbo engine for more sporty image.

Edited by Tcx607

17 hours ago, Tcx607 said:

IMO, Hyundai maintain two category of cars. The name model and i-series model. Why i-series came about, it was due to the headhunted in 2013, Peter Schreyer from Audi. As such, Hyundai strived to rebrand itself away from being the ‘cheap and cheerful’ choice.

So, I would think the Elantra/Avante will still remain as N.A engine 1.6L (for SG). The i-series will take a turbo engine for more sporty image.

Um... actually one is built for EU mkt (i series) which have more stringent regulation and the other for NA/rest-of-the-world mkt

• Praise 2

On 4/13/2020 at 6:03 PM, Tcx607 said:

The i-series was launched to make Hyundai competitive in the hatchback segment in Europe, particularly in UK... it was meant to compete with the Ford Focus and the VW Golf. It's not a rebranding but a completely different line, the design, tuning, suspension set-up are all different from the name-series line... the i-series was made to showcase Korean tech with Euro-centric driving preferences... this current i30 iteration is now pretty competitive to the Focus, but still not quite there with the Golf apparently. Plus there are new competitors like the Seat Leon and Vauxhall Corsa now which have stepped up and are every bit as good as the i30...

There are only 3 i-series cars which are unique to Europe - the i20 (subcompact hatchback), i30 (supermini) and the i40 (family saloon)... all the other i-series are rebranded from the name-series cars with some changes in suspension and gearing tuning... cos the above 3 categories are the most competitive in Europe... incidentally the Comfort taxis use the i40 - wasted cos it could have come in as a family saloon... I always have a bit of regret not getting the i40 Tourer over the Sonata... although I love the Sonata I have now...

Edited by teomingern

18 minutes ago, Heartbreakid said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huCYezV36f4&t=104s

A less fanciful CN7 Avante, with no LED headlights and tailights. No LCD interior display, no electronic parking brake. Perhaps might be one of the version when it comes to SG.

The rims same like the previous elantra AD? I guess likely the strip down spec of the car version will be sold here.

23 minutes ago, 13177 said:

The rims same like the previous elantra AD? I guess likely the strip down spec of the car version will be sold here.

I presume so, looks like 15 inch to me. In the video, I guess thit is still not the ultimate strip down model because, I have seen the images from netcarshow, the ultimate one will have rotary knobs and smaller screen infotainment.

Edited by Heartbreakid

On 4/13/2020 at 11:17 AM, teomingern said:

I guess for city driving, a sprightly take-off and ability to squeeze into gaps is more important that 0-100 timing... so I'm hoping for better low and mid-end torque and sacrifice the top-end...

I used to drive a 1.6 turbo and then switched over to a diesel 2 years ago. Love the low-mid range torque. Never looked back, especially for city driving 😁 

• Praise 2

On 4/13/2020 at 1:51 PM, Ahtea said:

For leather, needs to be black colour. Else very hard to maintain.

So yes, if its the 2 tone colour, I will prefer it fabric over leather. 

Actually if you take those darker brown ones, quite ok. Just use the leather conditioner/cleaner to do a 10 min wipe down at least once every month. My previous car was dark brown leather and after 6 year when I sold it, still looks good despite me using the car heavily (>2K per month).

It's those that are cream colour or near white colour type that got problem. Need even more maintenance.

12 hours ago, Heartbreakid said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huCYezV36f4&t=104s

A less fanciful CN7 Avante, with no LED headlights and tailights. No LCD interior display, no electronic parking brake. Perhaps might be one of the version when it comes to SG.

Probably this will be the S Trim in Singapore. I don't quite like the glossy piece next to the speedometer. Looks like a fingerprint/hairline scratch magnet. 

• Praise 1

11 hours ago, Rickster said:

Actually if you take those darker brown ones, quite ok. Just use the leather conditioner/cleaner to do a 10 min wipe down at least once every month. My previous car was dark brown leather and after 6 year when I sold it, still looks good despite me using the car heavily (>2K per month).

It's those that are cream colour or near white colour type that got problem. Need even more maintenance.

Yes, my previous ride with a cream color interior was a disaster to maintain. After a while you start to see jeans color on the seat and it becomes quite dull despite regular conditioning/cleaning.

I learnt my lesson, if want leather, sure must go for darker colors. If grey, it has to be dark grey. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1