2021 Hyundai Elantra / Avante (CN7)

Carbon82

Recently collected my ride, anyone knows if there is free servicing included in the purchase? Or is the warranty only include defects? 

do you guys get the service package from komoco?

↡ Advertisement

13 hours ago, xiaosinful said:

Recently collected my ride, anyone knows if there is free servicing included in the purchase? Or is the warranty only include defects? 

Service package depends on the deal you secured when you bought the car. Warranty is 5 years typically which covers manufacturing defects (less wear and tear).

On 8/29/2022 at 9:41 PM, xiaosinful said:

Huh? You buy the car but don't know if there's free servicing included in the price? Dude, you paid over $100,000 for the car but don't know what you're paying for?

did u ask these questions to your SE before buying/signing/collecting the car...?

Go join a few of the FB groups. Then search for "komoco." You will how much trust the users have in them then.

Weird....your sales person never mentioned the servicing n warranty details before you sign on the dotted line?

On 8/31/2022 at 10:19 AM, yellowshaun said:

Go join a few of the FB groups. Then search for "komoco." You will how much trust the users have in them then.

Should have a piece of paper to "proof" how many free servicing you are entitled to one. That paper is the most accurate piece of evidence you can have to tell you how many free servicing is included in your car package.

On 8/31/2022 at 1:13 PM, RogerNg_185295 said:

Weird....your sales person never mentioned the servicing n warranty details before you sign on the dotted line?

On 8/31/2022 at 8:34 AM, blackcar007 said:

did u ask these questions to your SE before buying/signing/collecting the car...?

On 8/31/2022 at 7:43 AM, teomingern said:

Huh? You buy the car but don't know if there's free servicing included in the price? Dude, you paid over $100,000 for the car but don't know what you're paying for?

just mention about warranty period and advice for new car go to komoco must pay for oil but free labour cost.

did not mention anything about free X number/years of servicing, wondering if thats normal/expected.

Do you guys typically sign up for komoco 2 years servicing plan or ownself find 3rd party workshop to do?

14 hours ago, xiaosinful said:

just mention about warranty period and advice for new car go to komoco must pay for oil but free labour cost.

did not mention anything about free X number/years of servicing, wondering if thats normal/expected.

Do you guys typically sign up for komoco 2 years servicing plan or ownself find 3rd party workshop to do?

I would prefer to go outside for servicing after the complimentary service is over. The workshop.... I dont think many have a super positive experience including myself. 

19 minutes ago, Ahtea said:

I would prefer to go outside for servicing after the complimentary service is over. The workshop.... I dont think many have a super positive experience including myself. 

It is true that most AD workshop would not have positive experience? Not only happen in kmc. Thats why people rather go outside workshop for servicing.

Edited by 13177

18 hours ago, xiaosinful said:

Usually a car sale will be accompanied with 3 free servicings - 1st at 5000 km for the first oil change (from mineral to synthetic), 2nd at 10,000 km for 2nd oil change to flush the engine and then the third at 20, 000 km... if I don't recall wrongly... maybe your price is low, so the AD removed the complimemtary servicing...

You can choose to do the servicing outside of Komoco if there is no complimentary servicing or after the complimentary servicing... I have always serviced my Sonata 2.0 with my own mechanic but had no issue going back to claim warranty for parts that require changing... for troubleshooting of more important stuff, I will send back to get an opinion, e.g. like airbags...

On 9/14/2022 at 1:58 PM, 13177 said:

It is true that most AD workshop would not have positive experience? Not only happen in kmc. Thats why people rather go outside workshop for servicing.

I wont say most AD workshop would not give positive experience. I only have experience with KMC and KM. I think the experience with KM workshop is a hit and miss at times. But when you really face issues, the workshop supervisor is fast to react and rectify the problem unlike KMC.

KMC, you write in to them to provide feedback, they basically dont acknowledge. You will see that likelihood the issue you brought up will still be there on your next visit is high. 

I think people go outside for servicing mainly is because of convenience, price and you might have a faster turn around time. 

• Praise 1

Hi,

I am new to this group. Bought a car recently which is my first car,  Hyundai Avante CN7 2020 Model.

Hence to clear many doubts, I will post those here to clarify with members who are experienced and experts in this forum.

• 1.       Planning to install a dash cam (both front & back) for my Avante. Any recommended brands to suggest? Not so expensive ones, but best for the price.

TIA.

Cheers!