2021 Hyundai Elantra / Avante (CN7)

Carbon82

Supersonic
5 hours ago, Hosaybo said:

Think problem is, when here, people look at pricing and say so ex, might as well top up a bit more and get an equivalent conti brand model....... 

N model equivalent would be BMW M spec. Definitely more than top up a little....

If top up a little to get an entry level conti badge, I would rather get the real deal than a dime a dozen wannabe car

• Praise 1

8 hours ago, Twich said:

That good. No PHV.

Regardless good looking or ugly looking has no relation to whether it will be a popular ride as PHV or not. The prius is one example.

• Praise 1

Twincharged
On 3/13/2020 at 8:40 AM, Twich said:

Totally agreed. Singapore is just a tiny market for Hyundai.

Hyundai is moving to European style. Packing with the safety features.

Going forward for sure tiny. In the past, they sold quite some taxis. 

Seeing the new Cerato and the latest Optima, I very much like KIA's design direction. Cannot understand why Hyundai so obsess with triangles after the AD Elantra and now the upcoming successor. 🤣 

• Praise 3

29 minutes ago, Heartbreakid said:

Seeing the new Cerato and the latest Optima, I very much like KIA's design direction. Cannot understand why Hyundai so obsess with triangles after the AD Elantra and now the upcoming successor. 🤣 

Cars design with triangles and sharp edges doesn’t really look nice.

2 hours ago, Heartbreakid said:

Ya I kinda wish Komoco had the Kia dealership and C&C took Hyundai 🤣

2 hours ago, 13177 said:

Cars design with triangles and sharp edges doesn’t really look nice.

Agree. Just look at that!

image.thumb.png.673baf93f07b8d9435b6a91be955b94f.png

• Haha! 1

The reason why this new model replacement plan to be introduced within this short period of time is because facelifted Avante wasn't well received. I think with this new model introduction, Hyundai might have to facelift it soon 🤣.

Don't know what is going on with the designers at Hyundai, they should learn a thing or two from KIA. KIA doesn't go with the big mouth grille trend like many others do or have obsession with certain shapes but still manage to look good and doesn't look like a copied product.

Edited by Heartbreakid

17 minutes ago, Heartbreakid said:

The reason why this new model replacement plan to be introduced within this short period of time is because facelifted Avante wasn't well received. I think with this new model introduction, Hyundai might have to facelift it soon 🤣.

Don't know what is going on with the designers at Hyundai, they should learn a thing or two from KIA. KIA doesn't go with the big mouth grille trend like many others do or have obsession with certain shapes but still manage to look good and doesn't look like a copied product.

Facelift avante not well received? I find many on the road here le, esp when there is a time when avante pricing is low, this car selling like hotcakes le?! Lol.

• Praise 1

4 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Facelift avante not well received? I find many on the road here le, esp when there is a time when avante pricing is low, this car selling like hotcakes le?! Lol.

I am not referring to here but globally. Here it is a bang for buck car which is the main attraction.

• Praise 1

8 hours ago, Heartbreakid said:

Futuristic car design seems to be edging toward sharp edge and triangle/right angle design.

Tesla truck is one example of such design.

I have brighten the photo of the new CN7 Avante to get a clearer idea of the car.

On Wednesday when all of us wake up, we will have more pictures to make a clearer judgement of the car's design.

When I saw the first pictures of the current Honda Civic in 2015, I was also thinking to myself that the design is not to my liking.  I am critical of the design because since 1989, I have owned and driven every generation of the Honda Civic till the 8th.  I still have two 8th generation Civics at home.  When the 2016 Honda Civic finally arrived at the showroom, an inspection of the actual car took away "fugly" etc but it did not to stop me from renewing the COE of one of the FD in 2016 and the other one in 2018.

CN7 side profile.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3