2021 Hyundai Elantra / Avante (CN7)

Carbon82

On 3/14/2020 at 4:22 PM, Danielyap said:

From today newspaper, it will arrive in the latter half of the year. 

Engine is the same as Venue. 

15841739851893616432820618881339.jpg

Like that it looks quite nice leh... I must have missed this advertisement...

↡ Advertisement

30 minutes ago, Jmontfort said:

I have brighten the photo of the new CN7 Avante to get a clearer idea of the car.

On Wednesday when all of us wake up, we will have more pictures to make a clearer judgement of the car's design.

When I saw the first pictures of the current Honda Civic in 2015, I was also thinking to myself that the design is not to my liking.  I am critical of the design because since 1989, I have owned and driven every generation of the Honda Civic till the 8th.  I still have two 8th generation Civics at home.  When the 2016 Honda Civic finally arrived at the showroom, an inspection of the actual car took away "fugly" etc but it did not to stop me from renewing the COE of one of the FD in 2016 and the other one in 2018.

CN7 side profile.jpg

Nice work bro! But this still looks like a render right? If it turned out like this in real life, I won't mind lar... certainly looks sleeker and sharper in stance... I guess headroom will be not good... the front is rather short while the rear has a fastback design. Which means a crappy tiny aperture for the boot like Mazda 3 which is bad... unlikely we get a true fastback liftback right? Not for this price I would say and would take the safety down one star I suppose... Rims look like those Subaru truck type on the XV... not quite a fan of it... the side still reminiscent of langga like that... the windows are very small it seems and the beltline quite high... probably to hide the stodgy family car proportions but then again visibility from inside might suffer? C pillar looks rather thick with the three-quarter blackout... with all the creases, really langga already sure very expensive to restore... anyway we probably won't get rims and tires of the size lar... the car won't move lor... to wide too much friction and looks good but probably results in a very harsh ride...

• Haha! 2

Actually, Kudos to Hyundai. They seems to dare to come out with daring designs for every model. And this excites the motoring scene and make the Japanese manufacturers work a bit harder.

• Praise 2

Supercharged
27 minutes ago, Davidklt said:

Actually, Kudos to Hyundai. They seems to dare to come out with daring designs for every model. And this excites the motoring scene and make the Japanese manufacturers work a bit harder.

Exactly.  More bold. 

New Mazda 3 series initially got the wow vibes.  But dun leave a lasting impression so far though interior is superior. 

15 hours ago, Spurman said:

Exactly.  More bold. 

New Mazda 3 series initially got the wow vibes.  But dun leave a lasting impression so far though interior is superior. 

Honestly the new Mazda 3 design is rather derivative... doesn't really wow me... interior I haven't really seen one so I can't comment... but it's always crammed inside... that's the bit I can't stand...

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, teomingern said:

Honestly the new Mazda 3 design is rather derivative... doesn't really wow me... interior I haven't really seen one so I can't comment... but it's always crammed inside... that's the bit I can't stand...

Actually among the Japanese makes, Mazda designs are the one I felt it has attractiveness to it, I like it. And ya, the cramp interior is a put off.

Side profile with Kia K5 look is good-looking but I cannot imagine it with the 15-inch alloys that KMC is likely to stick it with in the Basic model if are to still stick with the 3 trim approach for the Elantra/Avante (Basic, S and Elite). 

https://thekoreancarblog.com/2020/03/17/2021-hyundai-elantra-leaked-in-a-promotional-video/

Some images of New Elantra leaked. Not very clear though. I don't really like the exterior design but it does stand out from the crowd. Portion of the dash shown, revealing the looks that is quite revolutionised from past models. Probably the interior is the one I will look for.

Edited by Heartbreakid

On 3/16/2020 at 4:44 PM, teomingern said:

Nice work bro! But this still looks like a render right? If it turned out like this in real life, I won't mind lar... certainly looks sleeker and sharper in stance... I guess headroom will be not good... the front is rather short while the rear has a fastback design. Which means a crappy tiny aperture for the boot like Mazda 3 which is bad... unlikely we get a true fastback liftback right? Not for this price I would say and would take the safety down one star I suppose... Rims look like those Subaru truck type on the XV... not quite a fan of it... the side still reminiscent of langga like that... the windows are very small it seems and the beltline quite high... probably to hide the stodgy family car proportions but then again visibility from inside might suffer? C pillar looks rather thick with the three-quarter blackout... with all the creases, really langga already sure very expensive to restore... anyway we probably won't get rims and tires of the size lar... the car won't move lor... to wide too much friction and looks good but probably results in a very harsh ride...

https://youtu.be/Olc6Za7v0Eo

19 hours ago, Heartbreakid said:

Actually among the Japanese makes, Mazda designs are the one I felt it has attractiveness to it, I like it. And ya, the cramp interior is a put off.

Wonder why mazda does not improve on the cramp interior in their car?

5 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Wonder why mazda does not improve on the cramp interior in their car?

Probably style and handling balance over practicality? All their models compare to the same class, Mazda models just doesn't have the space advantage.

• Praise 1

The grille too loud for me and the back is quite revolutionary compared to most saloons. Overall shape is quite sleek though. I'm reserving comments till actual car comes.

• Praise 6

We can now decide for ourselves whether the styling is IN or OUT.

I think it is a big step forward from the current AVANTE.

But be prepared for the size.  It is huge.

image.png.44e96badae1371cfe01b7ef38cbad356.png

2021 HYUNDAI ELANTRA_08.jpg

9 minutes ago, Spring said:

The grille too loud for me and the back is quite revolutionary compared to most saloons. Overall shape is quite sleek though. I'm reserving comments till actual car comes.

Yea, agree. The rear looks a little like Lexus IS but with very sharp lines on the boot, the side looks a little like Audi.

• Praise 1

5 minutes ago, Spring said:

Don't get too carried away with what u see here.

By the time the car comes, you can be sure it will have tiny 15-16in wheels again, halogen headlights, all active safety features deleted, and continue usage of current  old drivetrain and 6AT.

And none of these full digital gauges and large ICE display. 

If it does come as featured, all these will make the new Elantra too high tech and too desirable that it it will make alot of low end Conti models with spartan interiors and weak engines unsellable. 

It will upset the automotive social status in SG... becos most believe Korean cars will always be cheap junks and must remain like that forever, something like what Proton and Perodua should be. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1