2021 Hyundai Elantra / Avante (CN7)

Carbon82

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, Twich said:

One of the best selling vehicles in Singapore.

That's because the Avante is attractively priced at $20K lower than its closest competitor, the Toyota Altis.

No mean feat for a Korean marque to be the 4th best selling in 2019, beating all marques except Honda, Toyota and Mercedes Benz.

3 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

Intelligent Variable Transmission Mated to a 2.0L Engine

Hyundai's IVT provides superior efficiency and simulates gear shifts like those in the automatic transmissions that customers are used to. This transmission performs continuous shifts by the modulating pressure of the transmission's pulley, depending on driving conditions and driver inputs. It uses a wide-ratio pulley system, which provides a broader ratio of operation compared with its competitors. This allows for improved fuel economy at higher gear ratios and improved performance at lower ratios.

As opposed to a more common push belt, the IVT takes advantage of a chain-design belt that improves fuel efficiency by an additional 1.2 percent compared with conventional belt systems.

Hyundai's new Shift Control Strategy used by the IVT improves linearity between driver inputs, vehicle behavior and acceleration. Shift response closely replicates automatic transmission step shifts. 

Eeyer CVT.. Dunno if got other engine options come with traditional AT or not

1 hour ago, Lala81 said:

U G L Y

Kia really making hyundai designers look really bad.

Indeed. Hyundai designers just obsess with big mouth and triangles while KIA is really well design with the right shapes and curves.

20 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

image.thumb.png.21befe4f2bb297f3e68eee34233a1bb9.png

image.png.05c01315d508949a3a65193894efaf58.png

+10

They took the worse of the lot IMO

The coupe look of the current Civic, and the same low slung height and hip point

The lousy 1.6 engine 

The front bonnet looks like the current model with a large grille added on ala Lexus copy - these large grilles will cost more to repair if it cracks from a stone

The backside is possible it's best feature, but that's because the current model has a nasty backside..

The steering wheel is too fussy. The new A Class or even the current Kia or Mazda 3 for a good design..

But hey if it costs 70k with the same safety features, it will probably sell again

• Haha! 2

Supercharged
2 hours ago, therock said:

But hey if it costs 70k with the same safety features, it will probably sell again

Yes, for this segment, pricing is 80% of the battle.

• Praise 1

11 minutes ago, t0y0ta said:

Yes, for this segment, pricing is 80% of the battle.

And only for sg... rest of the world gonna mock this car lol

it looks like it comes with two free buang on each side to start u off... maybe u wont feel so bad when people scrape you after that?

22794_5_l.jpg

what were they thinking??? if flat wld be so chio instead they put a fold in the back and make it look stupid

22794_3_l.jpg

seriously i take back about the chr+lexus ... it is civic+lexus b*stard love child in all the worst ways

Edited by yishunite
  • Haha! 1

12 minutes ago, yishunite said:

And only for sg... rest of the world gonna mock this car lol

it looks like it comes with two free buang on each side to start u off... maybe u wont feel so bad when people scrape you after that?

22794_5_l.jpg

what were they thinking??? if flat wld be so chio instead they put a fold in the back and make it look stupid

22794_3_l.jpg

seriously i take back about the chr+lexus ... it is civic+lexus b*stard love child in all the worst ways

Rear have some hints of the i30 Fastback.

Anyway, actual car is not in showroom yet. Perhaps you can reserve your judgement until you see it in person.

hyundai-i30-fastback.jpg

Edited by Ceecookie
  • Praise 1

15 hours ago, Vinceng said:

Hyundai designers took the easy way out and copied the design of the Grandeur, particularly on the nose and rear horizontal lighted strip.

image.png.26e3d36ab13893b07e83f116bef5ccc8.pngimage.png.f5664c5c53e51894ca0f863ebf725d80.png

But when Audi, BMW, Mazda does the same, esp Mazda, no one complains and everyone gave these brands a big thumbs up for design and engineering huh..?

I mean, can someone tell me why CX30 looks so much like the CX3, or CX5...or CX8? 

23 minutes ago, Cheefarn said:

But when Audi, BMW, Mazda does the same, esp Mazda, no one complains and everyone gave these brands a big thumbs up for design and engineering huh..?

I mean, can someone tell me why CX30 looks so much like the CX3, or CX5...or CX8? 

"no one complains and everyone gave these brands a big thumbs up"

You know why? Because humankind comes with many different funny and odd categories. 😆🤣

Edited by Heartbreakid

Supercharged

The front grille is really not nice. Rear looks ok but the camera is at the same position like the current Avante, also not nice. This colour looks good. 

2 hours ago, Sktan10 said:

Edited by Daniu82
  • Praise 3

1 hour ago, kelaihoyin said:

This moonstone grey looks much better than the red.

45 minutes ago, Daniu82 said:

The front grille is really not nice. Rear looks ok but the camera is at the same position like the current Avante, also not nice. This colour looks good. 

Agree.

Colour play a part.

1 hour ago, Daniu82 said:

I also dont like the front grille, actually the rear also not say nice also. Lol. But the car colour in the video looks quite unique.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1