2021 Hyundai Elantra / Avante (CN7)

Carbon82

32 minutes ago, Spring said:

This model is all new or facelift? Shld be all new right since facelift was just early last year?

These days quite confusing esp for Conti cars as they have a few facelifts. Japs n Koreans shld be just one mid life facelift as far as I know.

All new model. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

4 hours ago, Spring said:

This model is all new or facelift? Shld be all new right since facelift was just early last year?

These days quite confusing esp for Conti cars as they have a few facelifts. Japs n Koreans shld be just one mid life facelift as far as I know.

It is an all new model which is planned to launch earlier (just 1.5 years after the facelifted Avante was introduced) because the facelifted Avante styling apparently wasn't very well received and sales weren't good globally.

• Praise 1

7 hours ago, yishunite said:

I like earlier generation of avante... maybe thats why im bitter. 😭 Not a fan of last Elantra with Audi look but its not terrible. Current avante horrible imo and Elantra 2021 carry over the bad parts imo

Yeah. I'm not a fan of the Audish nose Elantra either. Agree that earlier models have more of Hyundai styling character, i.e. XD, HD and MD generation.

2 minutes ago, Heartbreakid said:

It is an all new model which is planned to launch earlier (just 1.5 years after the facelifted Avante was introduced) because the facelifted Avante styling apparently wasn't very well received and sales weren't good globally.

Tks! Then they better ensure that this new model styling is up to mark!

• Praise 3

18 minutes ago, Spring said:

Tks! Then they better ensure that this new model styling is up to mark!

Alas I think not... the side has this squashed look like it got into an accident...

• Haha! 1

39 minutes ago, teomingern said:

Alas I think not... the side has this squashed look like it got into an accident...

Haha. Ya, the triangular lines. Dont think it will be a looker externally. It seems even a step backwards than current one. I hope to be proven wrong. For now I just hope the interior is impressive.

1 hour ago, Carbon82 said:

2021-hyundai-elantra-preview.jpg

next-gen-hyundai-elantra-rendering.jpg

The image render ones should be a better looker than actual. Why? Firstly, it doesn't have the triangular theme on the side of the body. Secondly, it has a rear quarter window instead of a blanked out moulding which the actual car has.

21 hours ago, Vinceng said:

Whatever the looks, price plays a big factor in Singapore.

Hyundai was the 4th best selling car in Singapore in 2019, with the "ugly" Avante making up most of the sales. What does that say? 

It pack with all the safety features. Blind spot warning, lane departure warning, mulit airbags, hill stop, 8" infotainment link Google and iOS and etc.

22 hours ago, 13177 said:

Agreed la, own preference. [:)]

Totally agreed. Singapore is just a tiny market for Hyundai.

Hyundai is moving to European style. Packing with the safety features.

25 minutes ago, Twich said:

Totally agreed. Singapore is just a tiny market for Hyundai.

Hyundai is moving to European style. Packing with the safety features.

Actually Hyundai in sg not say tiny la, you see their cars are quite popular.

On 3/12/2020 at 9:28 AM, Daniu82 said:

Agreed. I like the design of the AD cos I used to own one. That's a better design than the MD. The current Avante is not nice, especially the rear and you can see the rear camera at the top part of the boot. 

I feel that there is more to car design than just little details like where they place the rear cam.

Its also about the overall shape of the car, the proportions, the stance, the surfacing, and how it looks from all angles. After that, then we look at the design of all the various elements like grille, wheel arches, window and crease lines, spoilers, size and design of wheels etc.  

Sometimes the car design is also shaped by engineering and/or aerodynamic needs. So we also need to understand those before we can appreciate the design. 

Having said that, I am not saying I support the latest Hyundai designs! I feel that the latest Sonata looks like a sad Hyena! 

Edited by Toeknee_33
  • Praise 1

24 minutes ago, Hosaybo said:

Think problem is, when here, people look at pricing and say so ex, might as well top up a bit more and get an equivalent conti brand model....... 

but with lesser spec and performance.

end of the day its the same consideration,

u want money for brand.

or u want money for specs.

no right or wrong

On 3/13/2020 at 6:38 AM, Carbon82 said:

The first photo looks good... but only in that colour and lighting... from the video, the side really looks like kenna langga like that... the renders not realistic cos the front grille is very exaggerated... I think still got to wait to see the car in real flesh to see how it all pans out... the side creases are quite unique for this class of cars... so let's hope it works out better than these sneak peeks...

↡ Advertisement