Oil companies are making big profits from the consumers out of this pandemic

iwonder

This is similar to the carousel sellers jacking up their masks prices and making immoral profits from the crisis. The crude oil prices have dropped by 30% due to this covid-19 pandemic but the Oil companies in Singapore are holding out prices reduction! The consumers have become suckers as the pump prices have only dropped by 3 cents since this Monday, 9 March 2020, while the Oil companies are laughing all the way to the bank. Let's band together and make our voices heard. Any ideas on how to bring this forward are appreciated. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Shocked 1

Last time TKL offered a piece of advise that I think is quite sound - Do not pump full tank. Each time we pump, try to keep it to half tank or less. This, when done collectively, will cause the petrol companies to have a rise in the inventory and reduced revenue, thus resulting in possible discounts and promotions. 

• Praise 1

Supercharged
16 minutes ago, iwonder said:

This is similar to the carousel sellers jacking up their masks prices and making immoral profits from the crisis. The crude oil prices have dropped by 30% due to this covid-19 pandemic but the Oil companies in Singapore are holding out prices reduction! The consumers have become suckers as the pump prices have only dropped by 3 cents since this Monday, 9 March 2020, while the Oil companies are laughing all the way to the bank. Let's band together and make our voices heard. Any ideas on how to bring this forward are appreciated. 

Please escalate to your MP during MPS.

Thanks for helping us to raise.

Also you can apply permit to protest at Hong lim.

Lastly you can also feedback to facebook page of oil companies and all the ministers

Why bitch about our oil companies when our own gahmen is working hand in glove with them? In fact, if pump prices drop too low for the gahmen's liking, they'll very quickly impose additional taxes to raise costs for you and profits for themselves. 

So how? You want to enrich the oil moguls or the MIW?

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Turboflat4 said:

Why bitch about our oil companies when our own gahmen is working hand in glove with them? In fact, if pump prices drop too low for the gahmen's liking, they'll very quickly impose additional taxes to raise costs for you and profits for themselves. 

So how? You want to enrich the oil moguls or the MIW?

The Oil companies are laughing to the bank at our expense and we still need to keep quiet?  They are working with our gahment and  absorbing the costs into their P&L without making a cent? If the Oil moguls want to get rich, they should not do it at our expense.

Hypersonic

whatever thats happening in the singapore petrol market wont even cause a twitch in those oil moguls eyebrows

dont say laugh to the bank

🤣

• Haha! 1

Wah start a new thread on an existing topic.

Anyway I cut and paste for ah boy new TS.

:grin:

Wait long long for cheap petrol price. 

Must use up all oil bought at higher prices first. 

But when crude price goes up petrol price goes up immediately. 

Heads we lose. 

Tails they win. 

image.png

• Haha! 2

1 hour ago, iwonder said:

The Oil companies are laughing to the bank at our expense and we still need to keep quiet?  They are working with our gahment and  absorbing the costs into their P&L without making a cent? If the Oil moguls want to get rich, they should not do it at our expense.

Ok bro, you go Hong Lim park and yell out your truth. 

I will support you... in spirit and with popcorn🍿 in hand. 😂

• Haha! 3

3 hours ago, mersaylee said:

Hong Lim park

need slogan look for ah Mock

...万税! 万税!! 万万税!!!

Look for? Just say "Go Ah Mock! (go amok)" 😂

But he won't come there waste time say ccb in person I think. 🤣

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Haha! 2

(edited)

Looking through the responses, I realised I am barking up the wrong tree. The forumers here don't really care about being ripped off by the big corporations. Please ignore the thread and I will try to delete the thread, if possible.

Edit: My apologies, there is no option to delete the thread. 

Edited by iwonder
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

28 minutes ago, iwonder said:

Looking through the responses, I realised I am barking up the wrong tree. The forumers here don't really care about being ripped off by the big corporations. Please ignore the thread and I will try to delete the thread, if possible.

Edit: My apologies, there is no option to delete the thread. 

I don't think anyone here wants to get rip-off but is a known fact fuel prices are all controlled by our cartel, the biggest one. 

If really don't want to get rip-off can always go full Electric. If not just don't drive? 

Supercharged
5 hours ago, Rickster said:

Last time TKL offered a piece of advise that I think is quite sound - Do not pump full tank. Each time we pump, try to keep it to half tank or less. This, when done collectively, will cause the petrol companies to have a rise in the inventory and reduced revenue, thus resulting in possible discounts and promotions. 

Errr... didn’t realise TKL maths and logic is that lousy

petrol consumption is proportional to distance traveled. Everyone pump half tank but driving habits remain the same simply means they end up visiting the petrol stations twice as often....LOL

NET income to petrol companies is ..... SAME

• Haha! 3

Every 2 - 3 days go JB pump petrol lor.

The saving confirm worth the effort.

Just make sure wife knows go to pump petrol and not pump little 3

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

25 minutes ago, t0y0ta said:

Errr... didn’t realise TKL maths and logic is that lousy

petrol consumption is proportional to distance traveled. Everyone pump half tank but driving habits remain the same simply means they end up visiting the petrol stations twice as often....LOL

NET income to petrol companies is ..... SAME

Erm...I don't think you get what he means...not talking about FC here.

Assuming your car full tank 60L, but because you pump half tank, so its only 30L. 

This means, if 10000 people who are suppose to pump 60L, pumps only 30L, the petrol company will have sold (10000 cars x 30L = 300,000L) less petrol. So where this 300K liters of petrol will go? They will take up inventory space - which means, cost to them.

On the cashflow front.. usually the company can get 10000 cars x 60L worth of petrol money at one go if everyone pump full tank. But because now, everyone only pump half tank worth of petrol at one go, they will collect only 50% of the revenue that they usually would get....and they will need to wait a few more days for the remaining 50% (10000 cars x 30L) worth of petrol to come in. This will hit their cashflow front.

While it is true that the net income to the petrol company will be the same, but where this hits will be on the burden of additional inventory (inventory cost and risk not being able to sell them off as fast) and let them wait longer for all the money to come in.

Edited by Rickster
  • Praise 3