Oil companies are making big profits from the consumers out of this pandemic

iwonder

On 3/13/2020 at 3:34 PM, iwonder said:

I have just submitted an online enquiry to https://www.cccs.gov.sg/about-cccs/contact-us/general-online-form to complain about the 3 cents reduction in pump prices. Just doing my part to take on the oil cartel.  

I have received a reply from CCCS that they have noted my query and looking into it. Hope more people will also write in to query on the same issue. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Oil cartels have been betting oil price will shoot North and holding lots of old stock bought at sky high prices. Please await patiently for the old stock to run low....

By that time, price shoot up again...

Oil cartels will give you the reason "..........................................................." Hahaha...

27 minutes ago, Kangadrool said:

It's very difficult to explain oil pricing to lay person.

One thing to consider the high fuel excise and there s also gst which applies on the excise duty as well and the phenomenal station rents all add up to the price ......

not to mention costs for mandated safety 

• Praise 2

15 hours ago, Verve said:

One thing to consider the high fuel excise and there s also gst which applies on the excise duty as well and the phenomenal station rents all add up to the price ......

well explained....by cartels. lol

Guess the option of going up north is not a solution, until Johor decides to open up the border again............

• Praise 1

(edited)

Pump prices has dropped yesterday/today for a total of roughly 3% since 9 March 2020. It is not much compared to the more than 30% drop in crude oil prices but it is going int he right direction. Will write in to CCCS again to make sure we as the consumers are not treated unfairly.

Edited by iwonder
  • Praise 1

On 3/18/2020 at 4:53 PM, iwonder said:

Guess the option of going up north is not a solution, until Johor decides to open up the border again............

D462CECC-D1DA-4E1C-A223-45B5A94402FC.jpeg

• Haha! 1

What's wrong with making big profits out of this pandemic?

My four new frens US Senators also making big bucks out of this pandemic and insider trading.

:a-m1212:

Four senators sold stocks before coronavirus threat crashed market.

Four senators sold stocks shortly after a January briefing in the Senate on the novel coronavirus outbreak, unloading shares that plummeted in value a month later as the stock market crashed in the face of a global pandemic.

According to financial disclosure forms, Sens. Kelly Loeffler (R-Ga.), James Inhofe (R-Okla.), Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) and Richard Burr (R-N.C.) each sold hundreds of thousands of dollars in stocks within days of the Senate holding a classified briefing on Jan. 24 with Trump administration officials on the threat of the coronavirus outbreak.

The sales raise questions about whether the senators violated the STOCK Act, a law that bans members of Congress from making financial trades based on nonpublic information.

Loeffler and her husband, who is the chairman of the New York Stock Exchange, sold at least $355,000 in stocks from Jan. 24-31, according to Senate records, after the coronavirus briefing hosted by the Senate Health and Foreign Relations committees.

The senator and her husband also sold $890,000 in stocks from Feb. 5-14, just days after the first confirmed coronavirus cases emerged in the U.S. but nearly two weeks before community spread of the disease was confirmed within the country.

The sales, worth at least $1.2 million together, saved Loeffler and her husband from steep losses they would have incurred after the stock market’s crash began Feb. 24.

• Praise 1

5 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

What's wrong with making big profits out of this pandemic?

My four new frens US Senators also making big bucks out of this pandemic and insider trading.

:a-m1212:

Sia suay. Anyway, we won’t know if this is also happening here. I can only do my part by complaining to CCCS to try and get pump prices to catch up with the massive drop in crude oil price.

• Haha! 1

Petrol companies (cartels) are doing us a big favour by not lowering the pump prices too much this time round. Remember the last round when FM raised the fuel petrol duties taking advantage of the price drops? 🤩

• Haha! 3

Last time some car parks free after 5 pm and free on Sunday.

I never complain why other car parks still charge after 5pm and also on Sunday.

Because they will say yah lah not consistent and ALL car parks will charge after 5 and on Sunday.

:grin:

• Haha! 5

On 3/12/2020 at 3:30 PM, iwonder said:

The Oil companies are laughing to the bank at our expense and we still need to keep quiet?  They are working with our gahment and  absorbing the costs into their P&L without making a cent? If the Oil moguls want to get rich, they should not do it at our expense.

I don't know if you are stupid or if you are really stupid.

"The duty for premium grade petrol will be raised by 20 cents per litre to 64 cents per litre, while that of intermediate grade petrol will be increased by 15 cents per litre to 56 cents per litre."

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/singapore-budget-2015-rise-in-petrol-duty-but-drivers-will-enjoy-road-tax-rebates

So who is doing the siphoning at no cost to their end?

On 3/16/2020 at 5:56 PM, Verve said:

...and the fact they can control prices especially when the market is small that can support fewer competitors. Apart from oil producing countries, most others eg. EU, Asia, etc usually are facing the same problem. 

↡ Advertisement