COVID-19: Malaysia’s Covid-19 cases soar to new high (Update: Oct 2020)

Matoonia

Internal Moderator

M'sia reports 869 Covid-19 cases on Oct. 17, highest daily increase

source: https://mothership.sg/2020/10/malaysia-869-covid-19-cases/

malaysia-covid-1.jpg

Malaysia reported 869 new Covid-19 cases on Oct. 17.

This is the highest number of cases recorded in a day for Malaysia ever since the pandemic started.

The announcement was made by Malaysian health director-general Noor Hisham Abdullah in a virtual press conference.

All locally transmitted

All 869 cases are locally transmitted, involving 745 Malaysians and 124 foreigners.

Malaysia saw no imported cases on that day.

The total number of active cases in the country is now 6,886.

Four new deaths

Malaysia also recorded four new deaths today, bringing the total number of fatalities to 180.

Five new clusters have also been reported.

Three of them are in the Klang Valley and one in Sabah and Terengganu each.

91 in ICU

A total of 302 recoveries were reported today, bringing Malaysia's total number of recoveries to 12,561.

In addition, 91 patients are currently undergoing treatment in the intensive care units (ICU).

30 of them require ventilator support.

↡ Advertisement
  • Shocked 2

1 hour ago, kobayashiGT said:

M'sia reports 869 Covid-19 cases on Oct. 17, highest daily increase

source: https://mothership.sg/2020/10/malaysia-869-covid-19-cases/

malaysia-covid-1.jpg

Malaysia reported 869 new Covid-19 cases on Oct. 17.

This is the highest number of cases recorded in a day for Malaysia ever since the pandemic started.

The announcement was made by Malaysian health director-general Noor Hisham Abdullah in a virtual press conference.

All locally transmitted

All 869 cases are locally transmitted, involving 745 Malaysians and 124 foreigners.

Malaysia saw no imported cases on that day.

The total number of active cases in the country is now 6,886.

Four new deaths

Malaysia also recorded four new deaths today, bringing the total number of fatalities to 180.

Five new clusters have also been reported.

Three of them are in the Klang Valley and one in Sabah and Terengganu each.

91 in ICU

A total of 302 recoveries were reported today, bringing Malaysia's total number of recoveries to 12,561.

In addition, 91 patients are currently undergoing treatment in the intensive care units (ICU).

30 of them require ventilator support.

I hope this is not an attempt by current govt to impose emergency rule to prolong its feeble grip on the country.

• Shocked 1

Winter is coming for the northern hemisphere and worldwide COVID cases are on the rise (not even winter yet).

Hopefully the Malaysian government can work together instead of fighting each other for power.

What is power when one can't even bring it to his/her grave.

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

5 minutes ago, Windwaver said:

Winter is coming for the northern hemisphere and worldwide COVID cases are on the rise (not even winter yet).

Hopefully the Malaysian government can work together instead of fighting each other for power.

msia is sibei hot ... whether winter or not winter ... covid transmission is high [sweatdrop] 

hot weather country must not be complacent ... bolehland sudden rise of cases is a wake up call ... 

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

This virus is created to stop people from sexual misbehavior.

I always find it odd why some people always need to meet physically for meetings.

I have gained enlightenment.

• Haha! 3

1 hour ago, Windwaver said:

An Italian Tyre Brand always said "Power is Nothing without Control''.

2 hours ago, Heartlander said:

I hope this is not an attempt by current govt to impose emergency rule to prolong its feeble grip on the country.

Current govt tried coup de tat in Sabah

Plus

A bunch of politician who heck care about SOP

= Armageddon 

Supercharged
6 hours ago, Windwaver said:

This virus is created to stop people from sexual misbehavior.

I always find it odd why some people always need to meet physically for meetings.

I have gained enlightenment.

Anwar: "Yah lor!!!....I hate covid-19 more than AIDS. All my BFF stayed away from me. Make me so sad these days."  [bigcry]  

Turbocharged
7 hours ago, Wt_know said:

msia is sibei hot ... whether winter or not winter ... covid transmission is high [sweatdrop] 

hot weather country must not be complacent ... bolehland sudden rise of cases is a wake up call ... 

i remember in March or April, people was saying the virus would be killed under the hot summer weather

seems like it's gotten worse instead

16 hours ago, Heartlander said:

Cny just 3 months away. I dread to think the impact it would be for malaysian and singapore as well if the lock down continue.

Asking around malaysian many of them already shake head not sure they about cny. No bus ticket/airfare!

What can we do to help them?😟

• Sad 1

31 minutes ago, Kopites said:

Cny just 3 months away. I dread to think the impact it would be for malaysian and singapore as well if the lock down continue.

Asking around malaysian many of them already shake head not sure they about cny. No bus ticket/airfare!

It will be ZOOM CNY 2021.

Nothing can be done.  That's the reality.

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, inlinesix said:

the good news is there is no 10hrs jam at checkpoint ... [laugh] 

Edited by Wt_know
  • Haha! 1

11 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

the good news is there is no 10hrs jam at checkpoint ... [laugh] 

Even can go in, better be on yellow alert mode 

shields up weapons ready 

anything happen, got turbo chut turbo no vtek chut vtek, got warp drive chut warp drive, quickly get the hell out of there 

1 hour ago, inlinesix said:

Yah, they have to suspense going home for next year CNY liao, all zoom reunion dinner and CNY bai nian. Dont think border would open fully for such a high volume of people travelling.

31 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Yah, they have to suspense going home for next year CNY liao, all zoom reunion dinner and CNY bai nian. Dont think border would open fully for such a high volume of people travelling.

the pent up demand is unstoppable ... if border open ... all sure cheong ... i say one!

look at cruise to no where

look at sin-hk air ticket 

release the KRAKEN !

• Haha! 3

4 hours ago, Kopites said:

With the surge in cases in Malaysia now, I do not think there is any hope for the borders to be opened so soon. Now is not a matter of want or not, more of a can or not.

Maybe for humanitarian reason, can allow them to go back but come back must pay for quarantine cost and the full treatment cost if tested covid positive. Let them decide then.

↡ Advertisement