COVID-19: Malaysia’s Covid-19 cases soar to new high (Update: Oct 2020)

Matoonia

Twincharged
20 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Now, Msia WP holder is the same as the rest.

What's so special about Msian?

In other words, just don't travel. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

4 hours ago, inlinesix said:

Now, Msia WP holder is the same as the rest.

What's so special about Msian?

They boh chiat kantang and 'corruption' is not a word but donation niah ...... :we-all-gonna-die:

:grin:

• Haha! 1

(edited)

all balik kampung kena blocked .... jam until karchang pain ar! lol

Edited by Wt_know

Internal Moderator

+172 cases back to three digits, majority migrant workers in detention camps. 

Compared to Singapore, don't worry abang small case. 

FB_IMG_1590399639983.jpg

• Praise 2

(edited)
5 minutes ago, gracebarrows said:

even after this, we all may still have to be cautious and follow the health protocol

give 6 months everything back to same old same old

after sars ... there was advisory for all food handler at foodcourt and hawker must wear cap, glove and mask when handling food

after that ... what do you see?

unless make it a regulation

a. pork and chicken at wet market must store in chiller and not open air ... this one immediate change

b. buffet and catering food cannot serve after 4hrs or something like that

advisory and good practice all bo chap one ...

now restaurant sibei tok kong in wiping table and cleaning cuterly ...

see what happen after this blown over ... the fork/spoon/knife got stains .. 

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

Twincharged

Eh... Never updated the mco extended to August? 

BTW,  anyone knows anyone who drove a car or rode a motorbike into sg before the mco/cb ?

Seems those Malaysian registered vehicles will kenah the VEP kowkow! 

Internal Moderator
41 minutes ago, Ysc3 said:

Eh... Never updated the mco extended to August? 

BTW,  anyone knows anyone who drove a car or rode a motorbike into sg before the mco/cb ?

Seems those Malaysian registered vehicles will kenah the VEP kowkow! 

Saw someone paid about $770+- for VEP. Malaysian car. Had a receipt as proof.

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator

KUALA LUMPUR: Malaysia's movement control order (MCO) will enter a “recovery phase" beginning next Wednesday (Jun 10) until Aug 31, Prime Minister Muhyiddin Yassin said. 

The MCO, first imposed on Mar 18 to control the spread of COVID-19, was previously extended four times until Jun 9. 

In a televised address on Sunday, Mr Muhyiddin said the recovery phase is part of the country's exit strategy from the MCO, following a downward trend in the infection rate.  

"Malaysia has successfully contained the spread of the pandemic and will now enter the recovery phase," he said. 

Under the recovery MCO, "almost all" social, educational, religious and business activities, as well as economic sectors will reopen in phases, with standard operating procedures to be adhered to, Mr Muhyiddin said.

Interstate travel will be allowed, except for areas placed under enhanced MCO, while the country's borders will remain closed, the prime minister said. 

As of Saturday, Malaysia reported a total of 8,303 COVID-19 cases and 117 deaths. Close to 80 per cent of the patients have recovered. 

The MCO was initially enforced when the number of daily new cases saw an alarming three-figure spike. Under the MCO, domestic and international travel was barred, and people were encouraged to stay at home to break the infection chain. 

After six weeks of economic inactivity, Malaysia eased into a “conditional MCO” beginning May 4, allowing almost all economic sectors to reopen. 

Subsequently, controls continued to be lifted over time. Daycare centres, hair salons, beauty parlours, open markets and night markets have been given the green light to reopen. 

Beginning Jun 10, Malaysians returning from overseas will be allowed to return home to undergo quarantine for 14 days, instead of being sent to quarantine centres, if they test negative for COVID-19. 

While infections rose in immigration detention centres, the number of new daily local transmissions involving Malaysians have dropped to mostly single digits. 

To regenerate the country’s economy, stimulus packages worth RM295 billion (US$69 billion) in total have been rolled out. Mr Muhyiddin said on Friday that 83.5 per cent of workers have returned to work. 

Finance Minister Tengku Zafrul Aziz told Reuters that Malaysia’s fiscal deficit will nearly double to around 6 per cent of its annual economic output this year in order to finance the stimulus. 

ACTIVITIES INVOLVING HUGE CROWDS STILL BARRED

In his Sunday address, Mr Muhyiddin said schools will reopen in stages during the recovery MCO phase, pending further announcements from the Ministry of Education. 

With the interstate travel ban lifted, domestic tourism is allowed, he added. 

However, sports activities and competitions which involve the gathering of spectators or supporters in stadiums, swimming in public pools and sports with physical contact are still barred.

Similarly, pubs, night clubs, entertainment outlets, reflexology centres, religious parades and other activities that involve huge crowds are not permitted, Mr Muhyiddin said. 

Social distancing, wearing of masks in public spaces and handwashing with soap or sanitiser are part of the new normal that must be practised, he said.

The prime minister said the country will enter a normalisation phase after Aug 31, until a COVID-19 vaccine is available. 

The government will enforce enhanced MCO in areas with a spike in positive COVID-19 cases.  

"I hope all of us will have discipline so that a rise in COVID-19 cases can be prevented," he said. 

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asia/malaysia-s-movement-control-order-to-go-into-recovery-phase-12813004

• Praise 3

Twincharged
11 minutes ago, 13177 said:

So those malaysians working in sg and stay in JB, how?

I have a few... Rode their bikes here before the mco.... Now sweating because of this... 

33 minutes ago, Ysc3 said:

I have a few... Rode their bikes here before the mco.... Now sweating because of this... 

Fee from 18 Mar to 14 Apr. is waived.

I believe they still need to pay the $4/day previously.

Twincharged
(edited)
9 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Fee from 18 Mar to 14 Apr. is waived.

I believe they still need to pay the $4/day previously.

My staff send me a newspaper cutting... But in Chinese... So I don't quite understand.... So until end of June will be about $208 .... Then if until end of Aug will be double! 

But at least no need to stay hotel if they decide to go home after 10 June 

https://malaysia.news.yahoo.com/amphtml/no-more-14-day-stay-063706738.html

Edited by Ysc3

19 minutes ago, Ysc3 said:

My staff send me a newspaper cutting... But in Chinese... So I don't quite understand.... So until end of June will be about $208 .... Then if until end of Aug will be double! 

Take a photo of it and show us loh.

April 2020: 12 working days x $4 = $48

May 2020: 18 working days x 4 = $72

June 2020: 22 working days x 4 = $88

https://www.onemotoring.com.sg/content/onemotoring/home/driving/entering_and_exiting_singapore/cars-and-motorcycles-registered-in-malaysia.html

Anyway, they need to pay VEP fee during normal time also what.  

Twincharged
13 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Take a photo of it and show us loh.

April 2020: 12 working days x $4 = $48

May 2020: 18 working days x 4 = $72

June 2020: 22 working days x 4 = $88

https://www.onemotoring.com.sg/content/onemotoring/home/driving/entering_and_exiting_singapore/cars-and-motorcycles-registered-in-malaysia.html

Anyway, they need to pay VEP fee during normal time also what.  

Sorry... My Chinese one piece one piece... Too much can't process....

mmexport1591608125484.jpg

Supersonic
1 hour ago, Ysc3 said:

No need to quarantine at hotel but still need to serve the 14 days quarantine at home if they return to JB right? So they cannot ride in and out of JB and sg to work until Aug liao!

↡ Advertisement