COVID-19: Malaysia’s Covid-19 cases soar to new high (Update: Oct 2020)

Matoonia

Turbocharged
Just now, Hamburger said:

People forcing their way back home?

I don't understand malay leg.

Malay says it’s an old video last year December during a fire simulation drill. Not recent one. 

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

Coronavirus: Malaysia extends movement curbs by another two weeks to April 28

KUALA LUMPUR - Malaysia's Prime Minister Muhyiddin Yassin on Friday (April 10) said he is extending the country's movement curbs by another two weeks, as the government continues its effort to reduce infections caused by the coronavirus.

In a speech telecast live on national television and on social media channels, Tan Sri Muhyiddin said the Movement Control Order (MCO) will be extended from April 15 to April 28.

“On the advice of the Health Ministry and health experts, the government has decided to extend the MCO for another two weeks... The extension of the MCO will enable healthcare workers to contain the spread of the Covid-19 outbreak among the community," he said.

“The extension is also in accordance with the view of the World Health Organisation (WHO), which urges countries against lifting movement restrictions immediately."

The MCO is into its 24th day on Friday, with most Malaysians staying at home unless they need to buy groceries, medicine or food, or to conduct essential services.

The MCO started on March 18 and was initially for a period of two weeks to March 31, but was extended by two weeks to April 14.

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/se-asia/coronavirus-malaysia-extends-movement-curbs-by-another-two-weeks-to-april-28

• Praise 2

Internal Moderator
1 hour ago, Zxcvb said:

They are just making it more difficult for the malaysian to come back. I get tested, doesn't mean I won't get infected right? what kind of safeguarding is this?

1 hour ago, kobayashiGT said:

They are just making it more difficult for the malaysian to come back. I get tested, doesn't mean I won't get infected right? what kind of safeguarding is this?

It is to make sure that you are virus free before you enter

2 hours ago, inlinesix said:

It is to make sure that you are virus free before you enter

I think what Koba means if the swab is taken now, while waiting for result and cert, you came in contact with the virus unknowingly, the cert is just a useless paper.

Best is to quarantine and test them in a controlled environment in MY.

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 1

Internal Moderator
9 minutes ago, Adrianli said:

I think what Koba means if the swab is taken now, while waiting for result and cert, you came in contact with the virus unknowingly, the cert is just a useless paper.

Best is to quarantine and test them in a controlled environment in MY.

Yeah. That's what I mean. hahah. Sorry. My comprehension is bad! 😂

• Praise 2

MY seems to have done fairly well so far in coping with covid despite the risk of mass spread from the religious event (similar to that soccer match that probably lit the flame in Italy).

But i don't really understand the need to announce this. U can be quietly rationing as I'm sure most governments are doing to the less than super frontline staff.

Won't it be easier for suppliers to price gouge you?

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asia/covid-19-malaysia-left-with-2-weeks-worth-of-personal-protective-12637648

1 hour ago, Lala81 said:

MY seems to have done fairly well so far in coping with covid despite the risk of mass spread from the religious event (similar to that soccer match that probably lit the flame in Italy).

But i don't really understand the need to announce this. U can be quietly rationing as I'm sure most governments are doing to the less than super frontline staff.

Won't it be easier for suppliers to price gouge you?

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asia/covid-19-malaysia-left-with-2-weeks-worth-of-personal-protective-12637648

I think they are asking for donation

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2