COVID-19 Outbreak: 313 Confirmed Cases in SG, 117 Discharged, 15 Critical (18 Mar)

Carbon82

Turbocharged
4 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Over the radio keep hearing that sg have sufficient stock of mask but so far this is not the actual case la.

I find masks in sg always cannot handle any crisis de. You see during the haze period, all mask also sold out completely and no replenishing of stock at all.

Again, showing their lack of understanding and empathy of the difficulties on the ground.

Twice already. Last time haze, and now this. 

Once this blows over I'm going to stock up my own apocalyptic supplies instead.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

4 minutes ago, Solar said:

Again, showing their lack of understanding and empathy of the difficulties on the ground.

Twice already. Last time haze, and now this. 

Once this blows over I'm going to stock up my own apocalyptic supplies instead.

I bought thermometer during lunch time. Might be the next 'hot' item when regular temp taking sets in soon

12 minutes ago, RH1667 said:

i don't wear mask normally, but preparing for my coming trip and some to give to my mum when she go for her med appointment. 

Probably will wear inside the plane and airport

If boh pian hv to take crowded MRT even w/o outbreak situation, I usually wear mask. Learnt from the japs

• Praise 2

Turbocharged
10 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Sitting in Jewel Coffee Collyer Quay now.

There are 10 ppl and nobody wear mask (including me).

I carry hand sanitizer

I'm now sitting in East coast McD.. nobody wears mask.

I just shifted my table to the other end after a kid coughed consistently beside mine 😅

• Haha! 2

Internal Moderator

Screenshot-2020-01-28-at-3_48.42-PM.thumb.png.6c491019074cfbe2711c3785efea0b08.png

The following will take effect on the 29th (Wednesday), 12pm.

In a press conference on Jan. 28, MOH identified three groups of people that will be regulated by the measures:

1. Recent travellers from Hubei already in Singapore
  2. Returning residents and long-term pass holders with travel history in Hubei or PRC passports issued in Hubei
  3. New visitors with travel history to Hubei or PRC passports issued in Hubei

1. Recent travellers from Hubei already in Singapore

MOH has started contacting individuals with Hubei travel history and Chinese nationals with Hubei passports.

There are about 2,000 of such individuals, with 1,000 of them on short-term visas.

Those who are accessed to be of higher risk will be quarantined.

Assessment criteria are:

• Contact with person with Wuhan virus
  • Recent visit to hospitals in China
  • Date of arrival in Singapore

2. Returning residents and long-term pass holders

The follow individuals under this group will be quarantined as well:

• Returning residents (Singaporeans and PRs) with Hubei travel history within the past 14 days.
  • Returning long-term pass holders with Hubei travel history within the past 14 days. This includes work passes, Dependent Pass, and LTVP.
  • Returning PRs and long-term pass holders with PRC passports issued in Hubei.

Singaporeans are given the option to be quarantined at home.

Individuals under quarantine should be able to isolate themselves such that they have own toilet facilities, and not mix with other individuals within the home.

During this period, they are not to leave their homes.

Phone calls and visits will be used to make sure they are quarantined.

If home quarantine is not possible, the individuals have the option of requesting to be quarantined in government facilities.

Those who fail to comply with the quarantine orders will be fined up to S$10,000 or jailed up to six months, or both.

3. New visitors with recent Hubei travel history denied entry

From Jan. 29, 12pm, all new visitors with Hubei travel history within the last 14 days and holders of PRC passports issued in Hubei will be denied entry into Singapore.

They will also be unable to transit through Singapore.

Travellers who are arriving in Singapore after the ban is in effect will have to make their own arrangements with the airlines.

However, those who have symptoms will be sent to local hospitals.

With immediate effect, the following will be suspended for holders of PRC passports issued in Hubei:

• Issuance of all forms of new visas
  • Previously-issued short-term visas and multiple-visit visas
  • Visa-free transit facilities
  • Praise 2

Just now, Jman888 said:

they have different type of passport from China? how to tell from which state?

Inside passport got mention issued from where.

2 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

they have different type of passport from China? how to tell from which state?

On passport, there should be an item call issuing office 

81B348E9-BCD3-43B2-85E3-ACC0BA1D31FC.jpeg

Edited by inlinesix
  • Praise 3

2 minutes ago, Solar said:

I'm now sitting in East coast McD.. nobody wears mask.

I just shifted my table to the other end after a kid coughed consistently beside mine 😅

Actually they have said many times that those who are well don't need to wear mask. Mask is for those who are not well and/or coughing to prevent their cough droplets to spread. But i guess due to our kiasu culture everybody buy like no tomorrow. How many of these who buy actually wear i am not sure as i observed the usage rate is like 10% or less.

• Praise 3

16 minutes ago, BabyBlade said:

Wuhan virus: Singapore to impose travel restrictions on holders of Chinese passports issued in Hubei

SINGAPORE: Authorities will stop entry or transit for new visitors who have travelled to Hubei in the last 14 days, as well as holders of Chinese passports issued in Hubei, as Singapore steps up measures against the spread of the Wuhan virus.

The restriction will start at noon on Wednesday (Jan 29), the Ministry of Health (MOH) announced on Tuesday as it confirmed two new cases, bringing the tally up to seven.

With immediate effect, there will be a suspension on new visas being issued for holders of Chinese passports issued in Hubei, as well as previously issued short-term visas and multiple-visit visas.

The provision of visa-free transit facilities for such travellers is also suspended.

If u were a PRC n see the situation back home liddat n not enuf hospitals, easy to juz hop on a freedom flight to Sg and if really infected, got better facilities here to be treated, not need to Q up, free stay at quarantine facility. Sounds like a good deal

Glad ICA finally closed this loophole b4 we got swarmed 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

Internal Moderator
Just now, Soya said:

If u were a PRC n see the situation back home liddat n not enuf hospitals, easy to juz hop on a freedom flight to Sg and if really infected, got better facilities here to be treated, not need to Q up, free stay at quarantine facility. Sounds like a good deal

Still a small window before this restriction takes effect tomorrow. Chiong ah! 😳

Turbocharged
9 minutes ago, Soya said:

I bought thermometer during lunch time. Might be the next 'hot' item when regular temp taking sets in soon

Temp taking someone else will screen for u.. Personal consumable like mask and even goggles we have to get our own.

Last time before Y2K event I damn kiasi and actually prep 3 months of canned food and mineral water, portable radio and updated my field pack SOP items 😂😂

• Haha! 5

2 minutes ago, Soya said:

PRC with passport not issue in Hubei still can hop on the plane to SG.

Can someone tell me what happens after contact tracing is done, and the person is found? What's next? For example, my company has a chartered bus. If say one of my staff who uses the bus is later found to be infected, that means all the staff who sit the same bus as him is part of the "contact tracing" group. So should I provide all the names of all the staff who were in the same bus with him to MOH? What happens after that? Will they all be quarantined? Should all of them stay home for 14 days to see if they are symptomatic? Or just submit their name and number and MOH will take over? In fact not only those who sat with him in the bus but actually all staff would be deem as potential "cases" as he would have walked around the office, shared the same lift, toilet, etc.

4 minutes ago, Soya said:

i think they already imposed restriction to travel internally and going out, unless those have unknowingly contact the virus and have valid reason to travel abroad within 7 days before symptom pop out. 

7 minutes ago, BabyBlade said:

Still a small window before this restriction takes effect tomorrow. Chiong ah! 😳

Maybe last flight out we might see this? Lol

giphy-1.gif

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 13

Turbocharged
5 minutes ago, Kar_lover said:

Actually they have said many times that those who are well don't need to wear mask. Mask is for those who are not well and/or coughing to prevent their cough droplets to spread. But i guess due to our kiasu culture everybody buy like no tomorrow. How many of these who buy actually wear i am not sure as i observed the usage rate is like 10% or less.

I think better play safe. It's not that hot compared to N95 and it's a health insurance.

There are reports that claimed that PRC and PR buying in bulk and shipping back to CN.

Ironic isn't it. These were manufactured in CN in the first place.

Anyway.. I'm going to make my kids wear them before getting into trains since I don't drive them to school.

↡ Advertisement