COVID-19 Outbreak: 313 Confirmed Cases in SG, 117 Discharged, 15 Critical (18 Mar)

Carbon82

8 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Think everyone should just do their roles and just shuddup lah. 

I'm already sian cos the locums canceled their slots while my colleague is on 3 weeks leave. So next 3 weeks is a bitch. 

Life goes on... Stay home and rest for those people! Cos I won't be resting. 

Take car bro! Later I go see the washing machine pipe 

↡ Advertisement

3 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

From the days of SARS, I have made it a point to stock at least a 2 week supplies at home. I remember one family has their whole family quarantine, and had no food supply at home. Nobody dare go near them, only the old mother cooked and left food at their door step. 

So guys, no need to behave like ah tiong  go hoot everything and anything, dont spread fear by hooting a whole lot of useless food, but do keep some basic food in case you really need it, mayb anywhere from 2-3 weeks worth of food for the family.  

From 3 weeks ago, I already started to increase my weekly purchase slowly, every week I will just buy a little more, and mid week I will just drop by SS to top up a little more. I now have enough basic food to keep my family of 5+1 for at least 14 days, if we need to stay home by order. 

But do also take note of what you stock, instant noodles is all ah tiong can think of, because that is the cheapest thing they know can keep them full. 

I keep some instant noodles, rice, can tuna, can baked beans, frozen buns, frozen dumplings, eggs, onions, UHT milk, and 2 x 5lbs of whey protein as my reserve. 

When I moved the cupboard outside in this morning, and told everyone I have food in there (yes, nobody in the family know I have been quietly stocking up a little bit by little bit for the past 3 weeks), the relief look on the face of my maid was priceless. 

I told her dont worry, we have enough food and toilet paper to keep us going for 3-4 weeks, and her face turned so bright. She told me she been seeing empty shelves of supermarket on FB, and getting very worry, but now she not so worry already. 

Understand the situation, know your role, do what sld do and what you can do, protect yourself, your family and your country by doing your part.  Mai just sit behind the computer, KPKB and imagine yourself as the conductor..[laugh][laugh][laugh]

..... 3-4 weeks is a LOT of food/stuff... sigh... everyone like u confirm ntuc close shop

• Praise 1

6 minutes ago, steveluv said:

This is Thailand, anything can happen.

No la. They probably know this is a contagious flu. And with flu (seasonal flu included) some patients develop pneumonia. look at Indonesia.. they no case. Probably they take ignorance is bliss. 

SPoreans will probably die of stress of knowing or  kena infected queuing in a crowded places

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

15 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

I'm already sian cos the locums canceled their slots while my colleague is on 3 weeks leave. So next 3 weeks is a bitch. 

Take care. The earlier our government escalate this the better for our frontline healthcare workers? Or does to give u guys more work?

9 minutes ago, Mustank said:

Falling in nao!!!!! :XD:

Last time I heard was 10 cents a roll, now I no know, mayb 20 cents? 

But quality I think is so so....[laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Haha! 1

Just now, Tianmo said:

Last time I heard was 10 cents a roll, now I no know, mayb 20 cents? 

But quality I think is so so....[laugh][laugh][laugh]

Ok lah. Will leave lasting impression and heard great for smoothing out imperfections. [laugh]

• Haha! 2

21 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Doctor. You should be categorised under vulnerable person. 
you should not overwork or handling unknown persons. 
take care of yourself. 

• Praise 6

24 minutes ago, Wind30 said:

..... 3-4 weeks is a LOT of food/stuff... sigh... everyone like u confirm ntuc close shop

If you cannot read and comprehend in proper, STFU and dont reply, otherwise it just make you sound like a bloody clown!!!

Tell us what would 3-4 weeks of food be like in your home, and I give you a break down of how little food I have yo last me that long.

of the whole post, you picked "3-4 weeks", what about the early statement of "at least 14 days"?  Dont be a stupid fool and try to pick something out of nothing. 

Anf I dont have to join queues, take pictures, show empty shelf, best part is  I dont have to ask "if those whom bought yesterday are also consider stupid" here when someone mentioned those who rush to stock up are plain stupid....

Trying to get me? You are still far from it!!!

Edited by Tianmo
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Just now, Wind30 said:

Take care. The earlier our government escalate this the better for our frontline healthcare workers? Or does to give u guys more work?

Not sustainable for long term. That's why govt is escalating in stages. Cos the efficiency of the hospital goes down the more u implement. 

Outbreak control is inefficient use of resources. 

And the backlog usually doesn't disappear for medical. If u defer clinics and operations, the rescheduling is one thing and a total pain, but it just adds to backlog that needs to be cleared somewhere later in the year. 

It's just like war, u can't be at war all the time, it just waste resources and dampen morale. 

• Praise 7
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Oh dear. 

That is really a tough situation to be in. 

加油! 

Remember to take care of your own health.

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, inlinesix said:

PRC no idea how bad is the spread.

Just look at the Number of city being locked down 

Wuhan has been locked down for more than 14 days already, it looks like it will remain lockdown, more and more cities are joining the rank, it is clear the containment strategy is not that effective. Can't break the cycle, only slow it.

So what is next for us?  

• Praise 1

Just in - https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/se-asia/thailand-reports-7-new-coronavirus-cases-health-ministry?utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=STFB&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1581145038

Thailand reports 7 new coronavirus cases: Health ministry

D6hebup.jpg
Thai health officials monitor arriving passengers from international flights with a thermal scan device at Don Mueang Airport in Bangkok on Feb 7, 2020.PHOTO: EPA-EFE

BANGKOK (REUTERS) - Thailand's public health ministry reported seven new cases of the coronavirus on Saturday (Feb 8), including three Thais and four Chinese.

The new cases brought the total reported in the country to 32, among the world's highest number of infections outside of China.

"The seven new cases are all in hospital," said Dr Suwannachai Wattanayingcharoenchai, director-general of the Disease Control Department.

One of the Thai cases was part of the group of 138 evacuated from China's coronavirus epicentre of Wuhan on Tuesday, Dr Suwannachai told reporters.

The other two Thais had exposure to tourists, he said.

Among the four Chinese, three are members of the families of previously reported cases, while the other is a tourist from a "risky area" in China, said Dr Suwannachai.

Among the 32 cases Thailand has reported so far, 23 are Chinese while nine are Thais.

As of Saturday, one more patient was allowed to go home, bringing the count of discharges to 10, said Dr Suwannachai.

Twenty-two other patients remain in hospital, he said.

Edited by steveluv
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3