COVID-19 Outbreak: 313 Confirmed Cases in SG, 117 Discharged, 15 Critical (18 Mar)

Carbon82

12 minutes ago, Tohto said:

My place SS already refilling the instant noodles and rice already. And there are not many crowd already.

As I post many time, rush for what? Not like we are in world war 3. We don't get any continue supply.

Finally went to ntuc just now to look see, as if like war time, many shelves are empty completely! Really wonder what is inside the brain of most people? I see liao also speechless?! 😒

↡ Advertisement

2 minutes ago, Wind30 said:

I bought indomee. Better than tomyum. They are freaking immune.

Must be msg, indomee had a lot of msg. So it kill the virus. 

Must go buy msg and add more to my tonight dinner. Hope it is not sold out.

• Haha! 7

1 hour ago, Tianmo said:

From the days of SARS, I have made it a point to stock at least a 2 week supplies at home. I remember one family has their whole family quarantine, and had no food supply at home. Nobody dare go near them, only the old mother cooked and left food at their door step. 

So guys, no need to behave like ah tiong  go hoot everything and anything, dont spread fear by hooting a whole lot of useless food, but do keep some basic food in case you really need it, mayb anywhere from 2-3 weeks worth of food for the family.  

From 3 weeks ago, I already started to increase my weekly purchase slowly, every week I will just buy a little more, and mid week I will just drop by SS to top up a little more. I now have enough basic food to keep my family of 5+1 for at least 14 days, if we need to stay home by order. 

But do also take note of what you stock, instant noodles is all ah tiong can think of, because that is the cheapest thing they know can keep them full. 

I keep some instant noodles, rice, can tuna, can baked beans, frozen buns, frozen dumplings, eggs, onions, UHT milk, and 2 x 5lbs of whey protein as my reserve. 

When I moved the cupboard outside in this morning, and told everyone I have food in there (yes, nobody in the family know I have been quietly stocking up a little bit by little bit for the past 3 weeks), the relief look on the face of my maid was priceless. 

I told her dont worry, we have enough food and toilet paper to keep us going for 3-4 weeks, and her face turned so bright. She told me she been seeing empty shelves of supermarket on FB, and getting very worry, but now she not so worry already. 

Understand the situation, know your role, do what sld do and what you can do, protect yourself, your family and your country by doing your part.  Mai just sit behind the computer, KPKB and imagine yourself as the conductor..[laugh][laugh][laugh]

If everyone can think like you.. How good.. 

• Haha! 1

8 minutes ago, Wind30 said:

Most of us here are just chilling out here... 

i did type in a reply but deleted it because I am not sure how it will end up... not nice as I think most of us are not really anonymous and I really am getting old. I totally regret an long argument with another mcfer some years back.
Apologies for starting it by replying to your post.

this is what I bought on Thursday at the ntuc near my office. I don’t have any food stuff at home usually so this is my hoarding. 4 cup noodles, 2 5pack indomee. 4 cans of tuna, 4 cans of bateng which we can bring on our vacation. 

I think most Singaporeans are like my level? The urge to buy something is real 🙂 

7611ABBF-F858-42D4-B762-048DB47EF3C0.jpeg

You still not so bad, still have a few instant noodles and canned food. 😂 I dont keep stock for any of these food stuff in my house de, so if anything really happened and food source cut off, think i will be the first one to die of hunger. The only thing i have is one packet of instant cereal. Lol.

• Haha! 1

2 minutes ago, Yewheng said:

If you fail to plan

you plan to fail

• Praise 3

6 minutes ago, Tohto said:

Must be msg, indomee had a lot of msg. So it kill the virus. 

Must go buy msg and add more to my tonight dinner. Hope it is not sold out.

must ask Miso Ajinomoto san aka @RadX......[:p][laugh][laugh]

• Haha! 1

I hope these hoarding clowns have enough space at home to store their groceries. I hope they don't trip on the sardine cans on the floor when they walk around at night. 

• Haha! 6

12 minutes ago, Yewheng said:

everyone can think, its just a matter of if they want to use they head or their heart. But most choose to use their mouth...[laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, RadX said:

Thailand catching up with us

image.png.2b3f4713872a02a4a752319433cf9ba1.png

We sure fall to 4th or 5th place liao. Japan and Taiwan have the cruise ships to back up...

• Haha! 6

18 minutes ago, RadX said:

If you fail to plan

you plan to fail

But it ok. 
PAP is always around to help. 

Just cry loudest. 
😜😂

• Haha! 4

1 minute ago, Fitvip said:

We sure fall to 4th or 5th place liao. Japan and Taiwan have the cruise ships to back up...

It's ok. Airshow coming up.

Have more faith in our 4G leaders. 

• Haha! 3

So cute. Where to get one for my MIL?

:grin:

image.png.4e9118681e64c5a88da5cab6a5a704e6.png

China scientists identify pangolin as possible coronavirus host

BEIJING (Reuters) - The deadly coronavirus outbreak in China could have spread from bats to humans through the illegal traffic of pangolins, the world’s only scaly mammals, which are prized in Asia for food and medicine, Chinese researchers said.

The pangolin is one of Asia’s most trafficked mammals, although protected by international law, because its meat is considered a delicacy in countries such as China and its scales are used in traditional medicine, the World Wildlife Fund says.

“This latest discovery will be of great significance for the prevention and control of the origin (of the virus),” South China Agricultural University, which led the research, said in a statement on its website.

The outbreak, which has killed 636 people in mainland China, is believed to have started in a market in the city of Wuhan, in central Hubei province that also sold live wild animals.

Health experts think it may have originated in bats and then passed to humans, possibly via another species.

The genome sequence of the novel coronavirus strain separated from pangolins in the study was 99% identical to that from infected people, China’s official Xinhua news agency reported, adding that the research found that pangolins to be “the most likely intermediate host.”

• Haha! 1

Just now, Jamesc said:

So cute. Where to get one for my MIL?

:grin:

image.png.4e9118681e64c5a88da5cab6a5a704e6.png

China scientists identify pangolin as possible coronavirus host

BEIJING (Reuters) - The deadly coronavirus outbreak in China could have spread from bats to humans through the illegal traffic of pangolins, the world’s only scaly mammals, which are prized in Asia for food and medicine, Chinese researchers said.

The pangolin is one of Asia’s most trafficked mammals, although protected by international law, because its meat is considered a delicacy in countries such as China and its scales are used in traditional medicine, the World Wildlife Fund says.

“This latest discovery will be of great significance for the prevention and control of the origin (of the virus),” South China Agricultural University, which led the research, said in a statement on its website.

The outbreak, which has killed 636 people in mainland China, is believed to have started in a market in the city of Wuhan, in central Hubei province that also sold live wild animals.

Health experts think it may have originated in bats and then passed to humans, possibly via another species.

The genome sequence of the novel coronavirus strain separated from pangolins in the study was 99% identical to that from infected people, China’s official Xinhua news agency reported, adding that the research found that pangolins to be “the most likely intermediate host.”

My maternal grandma said she got ate pangolin before. Her brothers and parents love it too. I guess chinese has been eating those shits for centuries 

its a culture like french eating foei gras

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Lala81 said:

Think everyone should just do their roles and just shuddup lah. 

I'm already sian cos the locums canceled their slots while my colleague is on 3 weeks leave. So next 3 weeks is a bitch. 

Life goes on... Stay home and rest for those people! Cos I won't be resting. 

Take care. 

Hope this virus gets canned sooner than later. So much disruption. Do try to catch up with rest too or unexpected help will come by.

Keep safe 

Cheers

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3