COVID-19 Outbreak: 313 Confirmed Cases in SG, 117 Discharged, 15 Critical (18 Mar)

Carbon82

7 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

In Business Continuity Planning (BCP), there are 2 major assessment components: Business Impact Analysis (BIA) and Threat Analysis (TA). The former is for determining which are the critical functions of the organization while TA consider the likelihood and severity of an incident occurrence / threat.

Most if not all organizations consider pandemic outbreak as very low likelihood and medium risk level at best as in the past 20 years, beside SARS, the other outbreak doesn't really affect us or even the region. And that explains the lack in preparedness where many are seeing BCP as just another paper exercise, even in a handful of the government agencies... 

Action plan in BCP which normally call for checking and maintaining of stock level (maybe in house or at vendor locations), verifying the alternate source of supply were often neglected and thus the many are caught pant down this time. I have peers who call me asking where to get mask, disinfectant etc. and my usual reply: Go and check your BCP... 

Hopefully after this episode, more will take BCP seriously. I am neither in favor nor against stocking of face mask during peace time as everything is situational, but every individual and organizations need to maintain the highest level of situation awareness and keep an active look out for potential disruptive incidents. 

Just like when I started this thread, many are still not seeing what are going on / heading towards us. All I can say this that as long as we remain vigilant, we can avoid putting ourselves in awkward situations when time come. And that applies to our government too. [;)]

All this BCP is all nice, good and shiny on the paper for non-health care businesses to flash about. Alternate supply chains, duplicate management teams.

Nobody actually addresses the elephant in the room for continuity problem faced by the healthcare sector right in the frontline of any major epidemics/disasters.

Any solutions to create redundancies in the system to address the problems faced? if one GP clinic is infected, just close the clinic to disinfect  and the single lone GP.clinic assistant goes on 14 days quarantine.... so whose problem is that?

if one polyclinic is infected, close the polyclinic to disinfect and quarantine the 10 doctors/20nurses for 14 days and a magical team comes in to take over?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 8

Just now, Arogab said:

Wonder if he could really got it from Mustafa. To be frank, Mustafa has a lot of Chinese going there to buy stuffs. They may get in with no symptoms.

I checked my record, I was there on 2nd Feb with my OC to buy cordyceps and supplements

aiya, mai ownself scare ownself lah.

got ah tiong go boh bao all virus carrier, even if all carrier also boh bao you so sway tio. 

If you heng, sit opposite you also you boh daiji, if you sway, 擦身而过 also tio lor...

Keep your schedule to Mustafa and try to record down as detail as possible just in case, and then carry on with life as normal lah.

otherwise suddenly you feel like something wrong here something wrong there. Dont let your mind play games on you lah.

肺炎来不及搞死你, 你先让自己吓死.[laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 11

Internal Moderator
1 minute ago, Tianmo said:

got ah tiong go boh bao all virus carrier, even if all carrier also boh bao you so sway tio. 

If you heng, sit opposite you also you boh daiji, if you sway, 擦身而过 also tio lor...

Keep your schedule to Mustafa and try to record down as detail as possible just in case, and then carry on with life as normal lah.

otherwise suddenly you feel like something wrong here something wrong there. Dont let your mind play games on you lah.

Well said!

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Jman888 said:

i still having a problem understanding the toilet system in Taiwan, even in big cities, why cannot throw toilet paper in the toilet bowl.

When I was there, the flush is really weak.

I wash anyway :grin:

9 minutes ago, RadX said:

gib chance la...his name is Nonsense wat..

Roger (N)onsense (G)rumbler (185295) times

OKOK, I gib chance, for you to send it to kanninanbay.....[:p][laugh][laugh]

Edited by Tianmo
  • Haha! 1

3 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

concur'

after this, many will need to go IMH for help as they get psychogenic symptoms

• Haha! 3

1 hour ago, Tianmo said:

Where to get raw material? Ownself make also? [laugh][laugh][laugh]

At least keep some raw materials also.. cannot practise JIT supply chain...

5 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

That's why I can tell you I go there on 2nd Feb. Haha....该吃的吃,该喝的喝🤣

Also that's why I just come to work as per normal. 

Report - My Business unit is first to get Gov approval to work. And today, more of our BU and Subsidiary also got approval. We are here as per normal following good procedures and measures. Only some guys whom are in grey areas need to resolve their not working situation. I am surviving. Haha

• Praise 1

42 minutes ago, mikk123 said:

image.thumb.png.d2fb3ee858c67c1301ca374fbb62d20f.png

Looks like the spread will sure happen. Thanks to our the future of our nation. after tasting his saliva, we are all one united. 

Thank you for our world class education system. 

Even he is charged in court, lawyer will plea that he comes from a good family, good GPA of 4 and bright future.....   -_-

Maybe also thrown in one sentence like he is accepted to study in Harvard Uni or MIT ... [rolleyes]  

You see, some judges might buy his reasoning ...  :wut:

• Haha! 1

6 minutes ago, Windwaver said:

When I was there, the flush is really weak.

I wash anyway :grin:

My TW friends say last time they got choke, but now they improve already also they never change the rules lah. Anyway, when I was there, I just flush them down

3 minutes ago, Arogab said:

That's why I can tell you I go there on 2nd Feb. Haha....该吃的吃,该喝的喝🤣

Also that's why I just come to work as per normal. 

Report - My Business unit is first to get Gov approval to work. And today, more of our BU and Subsidiary also got approval. We are here as per normal following good procedures and measures. Only some guys whom are in grey areas need to resolve their not working situation. I am surviving. Haha

No scare no scare, even you are sick also doesnt mean you tio the virus la. Fall sick is common. Lol.

2 minutes ago, Hoseyboh said:

Tiagong Whistle Grand construction site tio lock down liao...

Anyone can consperm?

Bro, you on this line right?? You can update us😁

• Haha! 1

3 hours ago, Didu said:

"US President Donald Trump said he expected the outbreak would disappear in April due to hotter weather"

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asia/china-wuhan-coronavirus-death-toll-passes-1-000-government-12420352

Hello Mr. President, we over here in tropical Singapore has accumulated 45 confirmed cases liao. Hotter weather? Ha ha ha...

The experts from china made this prediction. I suppose  it is relative, maybe cold weather can spread  at x times, hot weather would spread at much lower than x. It does not mean there would be no spreading in hot weather, but in terms of spreading control , it should be easier if the spreading rate is lower. Just my very wild guess.

• Praise 2

13 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

OK

Confess yourself. You the very Heng or Sway one ?  :slow:

It will make me think twice when you organise any MU.... :ninja:

:XD::XD:

• Haha! 2

11 minutes ago, RadX said:

concur'

after this, many will need to go IMH for help as they get psychogenic symptoms

Many smart ppl make lousy decisions not because they suddenly become stupid, but because they cannot hold themselves together when crisis hit, and let the situation get the better of them lor.

If we stay calm, even if we dont make the best decision, we also wont make the most lousy ones lor...

Ownself scare ownself, who can help you? [:p][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 4

Just now, 13177 said:

No scare no scare, even you are sick also doesnt mean you tio the virus la. Fall sick is common. Lol.

Yah, no scare. Before I come China, my colleague keep asking us to eat. He say if not when we come here cannot eat liao. Then he go order mee pok, after finish he order fried bee hoon, then he order fan choy.......at the end all ppl in the group run away🤣

Then he call then and ask " li chia ba beh??"😜 Now all people avoiding this guy. haha

(Joke of the week)

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1