COVID-19 Outbreak: 313 Confirmed Cases in SG, 117 Discharged, 15 Critical (18 Mar)

Carbon82

6 minutes ago, Neutrino said:

If more details were available about where infected patients had been maybe we could do some contact tracing ourselves.

If we new we had been in a shopping mall say around the time a patient had been there perhaps we might be more vigilant about checking temperature or spotting symptoms and then when we see a doctor we'd have additional information to provide.

Sorry, but with all the paranoid hoarding seen the last 1 week.... Those details will be used to increase the workload of frontline doctors. 

Already we have to entertain queries about whether one has covid-19 because he/she had been to the mall that had a clinic that sent off a suspect case. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6

10 hours ago, Philipkee said:

A few possibility.

1)  we know how SARS turned out.  So looking  back we can feel it was not too bad.  During SARS itself it wasnt all in control.  In the initial stages. 

2)  social media.  We dont have people screaming it's the end of the world day in day out. 

3)  someone told me the mayan calendar was misinterpreted.  The end of world is NOT 2012 BUT 2021.

4)  and of cos maybe u old liao.  Think of mortality.

When 2021 comes and goes it misinterpreted it's 2024

:D

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

2 hours ago, Camrysfa said:

k3KJk4r.png

These 2000 plus folks will be hugely relieved Cambodia allowed the ship to dock so that they can travel back to their home countries. Otherwise they will have to keep on sailing around being treated as a toxic vessel...

They are certainly not doing in on humanity grounds. I wonder what is the trade?

• Praise 4

I hope it is a data error, new confirmed cases increased by 14,921. But this is not entirely impossible, they might have increased the speed of testing the suspected cases. Data over the next few days going to be crucial, it spells trouble  if the confirmed cases going to increase at 5 figures. 

Meantime, please wash our hands more frequently, dont go to public places if not necessary, keep ourselves healthy so as not to overload the clinics and hospitals. 

SmartSelect_20200213-082402_Chrome.jpg

• Praise 1

40 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

https://news.qq.com/zt2020/page/feiyan.htm

Did I see wrongly? 14000+ new cases?  

But most in hubei.   Nothing to panic.   

Wuhan have been lockeddown yet still have 13k increase in confirmed case, better watch it closely.  As I said, I hope it is because they have stepped up their test from those suspected case. The suspected case incrased by 3k, does not look very alarming though it is high. 

The more worrying thing is they spent 20 days to build 2 more new treatment center to provide 2,500 beds, but within a day increase in confirmed cases  is 13,000, cannot imagine how the hospitals cope with it. That may explain the higher % of death rate in Wuhan.

Edited by Ct3833
  • Shocked 1

*CHINA'S HUBEI REVISES DIAGONOSE STANDARD FOR CORONAVIRUS CASES

*CHINA'S HUBEI SAYS 13,332 NEW CASES ARE CLINICAL DIAGNOSIS

But it is a fact that additional 247 deaths reported... 

Wuhan city is the test bed now... since city is in lock down ...  i fear for the cruise ship.... 

Edited by SuPerBoRed
  • Praise 3
  • Shocked 1

11 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

I hope it is a data error, new confirmed cases increased by 14,921. But this is not entirely impossible, they might have increased the speed of testing the suspected cases. Data over the next few days going to be crucial, it spells trouble  if the confirmed cases going to increase at 5 figures. 

Meantime, please wash our hands more frequently, dont go to public places if not necessary, keep ourselves healthy so as not to overload the clinics and hospitals. 

SmartSelect_20200213-082402_Chrome.jpg

Tiagong it's mostly reclassification without lab tests. As long as showing the typical symptoms, reclassified from suspected to confirmed. 

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

11 hours ago, SiLangKia said:

Then again you're scared and worried about anything and everything 😂

Human nature ma but i say only la, i would not lose sleep over this. Lol.

11 hours ago, SiLangKia said:

Then again you're scared and worried about anything and everything 😂

You worry more abt ur women chasing u hahahha

• Haha! 4

9 hours ago, Spring said:

MOH has to juggle many balls. Giving out as much info as possible but at the same time respecting n protecting the rights n confidentiality of the patient. They also don’t want to unnecessarily alarm the public who are already being fed with a lot of untruths, hearsay theories n opinions from various experts which might hv basis but are subjective as well. 

From my understanding of ring fencing, only immediate contacts are quarantined n it stops there. It will be an endless process if contacts of the immediate contacts n so on are also ring fenced. A line has to be drawn somewhere n I trust the Health Authorities to know what they are doing. 

The trouble with this virus is that it is so contagious that even with reasonable ring fencing, there will be gaps which was unlike SARS time. Anyway let’s pray that this virus goes away soon n life goes on as before 🙏

Not saying that MOH should reveal in-depth details of movement or anything that violates the rights of the patient. 

But what is not understandable is why some confirmed cases are reported publicly while some are not. 

I am happy with the level of details revealed thus far. But there seems to inconsistency. MSM said MBFC have 2 cases. While yesterday release mentioned only 1 case?

Edited by Knoobie

2 hours ago, Yewheng said:

At least Cambodia have heart.. I believe these people onboard that cruise will thank them very much.. It is actually a good publicity.. Coz this news will be all over the world.. Perhaps it may also trigger people who never visited Cambodia before to have plans to visit Cambodia.. 

Heart or wallet? 

:D

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Wt_know said:

mask or no mask ... it's freewill .... +1 for maximum effort [thumbsup][laugh] 

2020-02-13_074111.jpg

In current winter weather can wear like this, here will get heat exhaustion. 

• Haha! 3

9 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

Tiagong it's mostly reclassification without lab tests. As long as showing the typical symptoms, reclassified from suspected to confirmed. 

Then February will be crucial cos the recoveries should also spike.

But the good news is there is no spike outside of hubei. So far.

• Praise 1

3 minutes ago, Knoobie said:

Not saying that MOH should reveal in-depth details of movement or anything that violates the rights of the patient. 

But what is not understandable is why some confirmed cases are reported publicly while some are not. 

Huh? I tot all on MOH website. Like u insinuate cover up leh..

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

What has our government done to secure masks???

One thing they CAN do is to make a deal with indonesia. Provide them with test kits in return for masks or raw material for masks.

It will be a big win-win for both countries. I am very surprised that singapore has not offered any help to indonesia testing situations... 

They don't need masks because they have zero case but obviously they need test kits.

Internal Moderator
11 hours ago, Lala81 said:

Yeah should be unless got new mutation. Your body eventually defeats the virus by manufacturing antibodies against it. Your white cells will remember and make more if needed. 

Can the recovered ones donate blood to the infected ones? then they can help to fight the virus!

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 2

3 minutes ago, Wind30 said:

What has our government done to secure masks???

One thing they CAN do is to make a deal with indonesia. Provide them with test kits in return for masks or raw material for masks.

It will be a big win-win for both countries. I am very surprised that singapore has not offered any help to indonesia testing situations... 

They don't need masks because they have zero case but obviously they need test kits.

Did Indonesia ask for the test kits? Just like haze we offered help they declined...

so no trade for masks

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2