COVID-19 Outbreak: 313 Confirmed Cases in SG, 117 Discharged, 15 Critical (18 Mar)

Carbon82

41 minutes ago, Spring said:

Then likely the other case is negative? I don't believe MOH will intentionally hold back info on a positive case. That's why I said a lot of untruths, speculation etc so let's not add to it. Even if it's positive, it could have been reported but not specifically mentioned as MBFC (maybe he just went to the clinic there?) unlike the DBS one where the guy actually worked there.

These days when ambulance comes with medics in full suit, cell phone pics are circulated almost immediately. The Lucky Plaza case yesterday is a prime example n it has been confirmed that it's not a Corona Virus case. Think there was something similar at an MRT station which turned out not related as well.

Agreed. No point taking photo of SCDF on duty and start circulating. Only causing unnecessary panic.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

2 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

More likely he was arrowed to make those statement. I dont know why these people are trying so hard to suppress the truth.

Very simple, every doctor, every nurse and every frontline personnel is wearing mask, why ? Because mask helps protect them from infection,  it reduces their risk of exposure. It is  not 100% guaranteed but it helps, otherwise, why are they wearing masks, why dont the doctors and nurses  just wash their hand ?  I understand that they are wearing masks because they are exposed to high risk, so when the public take train, bus and in the crowded place, is there  on risk ? Of course there is risk, just that the risk is lower, but low risk does not mean no risk. Moreover , it has been proven, a infected person can visit GP and policlinic, yet was wrongly mistaken to be normal flu, how would the public know there is a carrier  in a train cabin in a crowded public  place sitting next to him? 

So would mask help ? 

I know there is  insufficient mask now , the truth has to be shared with the public instead of misleading the public by providing them inccorect education  that is opposite to the general practice internationally.

Family doctor and clinic staff also wearing masks leh.

Anybody see pets wearing masks?

Dog-Face-Mask.jpg

:grin:

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

1 minute ago, Windwaver said:

Dog-Face-Mask.jpg

If this is a new mask, it is a waste of the mask.

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, 13177 said:

Some people are over reacted and thought the germs on those door knob and buttons would killed them instantly! I also encountered such people who dont touch the lift button and waiting others to press, dont press the pedestrian crossing button and the greenman never appeared, and try to squeeze through the glass door after people infront push open. [rolleyes]

Can't be helped. Could rationalise that there is water saving if only 1 person need to wash hands after pressing buttons for them.

1 hour ago, 13177 said:

Some people are over reacted and thought the germs on those door knob and buttons would killed them instantly! I also encountered such people who dont touch the lift button and waiting others to press, dont press the pedestrian crossing button and the greenman never appeared, and try to squeeze through the glass door after people infront push open. [rolleyes]

Maybe they read this news...

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/health/coronavirus-can-touching-a-doorknob-lead-to-infection-experts-weigh-in-on-this-and

IIRC SARS was spread in Hong Kong via the lift button also.

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, Tohto said:

They said they 'don't have' any case. They don't need.

I saw some photo of overpriced masks in Indonesia leh. 

1 hour ago, Knoobie said:

1. MBFC iirc got 2 cases in total?

2. Clifford Center also have one.

So is it just miscom to bldg mgmt? Or what? 

What I am implying is MOH should at least clarify clearly. 

The Bldg Mgmt just report on what happen to the people in their building. MOH reports on the whole of Singapore but they are not obliged to say case no.xx is the Clifford Centre, MBFC case etc cos where does it end?

The infected person might have gone to many places so how can MOH possibly list down all the places case no.xx has gone to? 

• Praise 8

2 hours ago, SuPerBoRed said:

*CHINA'S HUBEI REVISES DIAGONOSE STANDARD FOR CORONAVIRUS CASES

*CHINA'S HUBEI SAYS 13,332 NEW CASES ARE CLINICAL DIAGNOSIS

But it is a fact that additional 247 deaths reported... 

Wuhan city is the test bed now... since city is in lock down ...  i fear for the cruise ship.... 

Clinical diagnosis just means no testing done. As long as it is respiratory symptoms, they assume it to be COVID-19 unless proven otherwise. 

• Praise 5

1 hour ago, Ody_2004 said:

Did Indonesia ask for the test kits? Just like haze we offered help they declined...

so no trade for masks

the health minister said their test kit cost 1billion rupiah so they cannot anyhow test. 

I am pretty sure they WANT more test kits, especially if it is FOC. 

I am pretty sure Singapore can pay and if we throw in some Asean goodwill like Test Kits, etc, why would indonesia not sell to us? 

It looks good on them too securing test kits to pacify their population. 

Edited by Wind30

1 minute ago, Wind30 said:

the health minister said their test kit cost 1billion rupiah so they cannot anyhow test. 

I am pretty sure they WANT more test kits, especially if it is FOC. 

This is quite pointless debating this right. I'm sure the MFA and foreign minister are more than well aware of what their counterparts want.

Indonesia didn't ask for help. If they did, its totally incongruent with their total ostrich head in sand stance now. 

Indonesia needs China to help build their HSR. So if they are selling all to China (may not even be highest price), would seem perfectly legit. 

If govt is in process of buying more masks, I don't even think they will announce until stocks are ready to be released. 

• Praise 7

24 minutes ago, Windwaver said:

Dog-Face-Mask.jpg

This fellow (the owner) is wasting masks.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Knoobie said:

1. MBFC iirc got 2 cases in total?

2. Clifford Center also have one.

So is it just miscom to bldg mgmt? Or what? 

What I am implying is MOH should at least clarify clearly. 

IMG-20200209-WA0008.jpg

IMG-20200208-WA0032.jpg

How come the MBFC letter is dated 9 Feb but everyone only hear about it yesterday?

11 hours ago, Volvobrick said:

What else do we expect him to say? Cannot contradict earlier message right? 

We are Singapore, we know a lot more than China, which is asking everyone to wear mask when out.

I read his message also feel so kang kor for him. Actually easier to tell us not enough masks now, so must try not to use up all before we have new supplies. After that then everyone should wear.

As someone mentioned previously, the new supplies will be coming in March.  Priority goes to HCW.  You will have problem buying surgical mask in March.

Rather than wear mask, i will avoid going to crowded places.  In addition, i will wash hand more diligently especially when i get home.

• Praise 5

10 hours ago, Invigorated said:

Note his careful wording. 

'Not the most important thing' does not mean 'not important'. 

I'm also on the side that feels that wearing a mask is important. 

Say for instance the cisco officer who was out giving quarantine orders.. Would he be less likely to have caught the virus if he had the mask on? 

Risks may not be eliminated but certainly minimised. 

I understand the need to ration out the masks as they are limited but to send the message that one shouldn't wear it when one is well is certainly bs. 

With regards to Cisco officers, did he wear mask?

If he wear mask, he could have get it via touching lift button, door handle & etc.

• Haha! 2

1 hour ago, Tianmo said:

I might be wrong, but I am guessing for financial gain.

2000 pax landing and trying to get home, they will have to buy air tickets in Cambodia. Cambodia is not a travel hub, some flights land and take off once a week one flight only, these ppl will have to stay somewhere, eat something. 

Not to mention the intangible gain of being a nation with a big heart to the world. These 2000 pax may just return for a holiday after they get home..[laugh][laugh][laugh]

Okok i small heart, cannot believe human be so passionate that they can help others by putting their own country at risk..[:p]

If i am the cruise ship owner, there is a certain $x amount i will pay to get my ship and crew back, everyday out there the ship is burning fuel and cash.  Hopefully the $x amount don't go into the pockets of some politicians.

Anyway, the Cambodian sun sibei strong, sure can kill any virus that landed there. Not sure how many of these passengers will transit via Changi. Most likely thru BKK.  

• Haha! 4

12 minutes ago, Spring said:

The Bldg Mgmt just report on what happen to the people in their building. MOH reports on the whole of Singapore but they are not obliged to say case no.xx is the Clifford Centre, MBFC case etc cos where does it end?

The infected person might have gone to many places so how can MOH possibly list down all the places case no.xx has gone to? 

if you looked at all the confirmed cases thus far, there was not one in relation to the one mentioned in the circular. all confirmed cases had been reported to be working else where instead.

I say this one last time. I am not saying MOH to list detail record of where the person been to. There is a reason why MOH revealed the general location of where the person worked and lived. And on some case, where the person visited. I fully understand that. But this information was not consistent.

Since there is a reason building mgmt is informed, why not just let the public know? If don't want the public know, then don't say anything at all.

↡ Advertisement