COVID-19 Outbreak: 313 Confirmed Cases in SG, 117 Discharged, 15 Critical (18 Mar)

Carbon82

26 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

the guy who went to 西藏 has been fully recovered. Interestingly, he was already a carrier when he was on the train to 西藏, yet no one on the same train was infected? How could that be possible that 西藏 has zero case  now considering the virus is so contagious?

Possible if he didnt cough or didn't talk to anyone on the train. Or maybe he was wearing a mask.

6 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

Please sign petition to close down dog market in China. 

Stop the eating of doggies in China.

https://www.thepetitionsite.com/229/205/605/chinaclose-all-dog-meat-markets-now/

image.png

Indeed, they should stop doing 2 things.

1. Stop eating wild, exotic reptiles and animals.

2. Stop throwing coins into aircraft engines before take off.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

http://www.bjnews.com.cn/feature/2020/02/13/689022.html

据人民日报客户端消息 2月13日,湖北省新冠肺炎疫情防控指挥部召开新闻发布会,介绍武汉市重症救治进展情况,并回答记者提问。

北京朝阳医院副院长 童朝晖:新冠肺炎患者出现的是严重的呼吸衰竭,与2003年的SARS相比,病情进展得更快,缺氧发展得很明显;此外,这次患者心脏受到的攻击非常厉害,救治起来的难度比以前要大。因此,我们提出要密切观察这类患者的生命体征,比如心率、血压、血氧的变化。

Sorry hard to translate, a lot of technical terms. Loosely is Covid-19 has more serious breathing failure compared to SARS. Illness deteriorated faster. Lack of oxygen sooner. More severe attack on the heart. Must watch vital signs more closely, like heart rate, blood pressure and SP02H.

Edited by Weez911

5 minutes ago, Silver_blade said:

Aiyoh. Maybe she is new to the country or panicked. Hope this hospital is good enough to treat her.  

The thing i didn't understand, they said first diagnosed person. Does it mean, she was already diagnosed, if yes then how the hell she was at hotel or home and not hospital.
Also story became more funny that she came to A&E, so where she suppose to go picnic spot? I am not aware about UK SOP but like what you said if i get sick in other country i will go to A&E, heck i will go to A&E in Singapore also if i feel sick (of-course in normal sickness i go to clinic but lets say if i know the signs then i will go to A&E, not like i want to abuse A&E).
Maybe A&E in UK didn't got memo to screen people before they enter A&E and infect everyone.

Edited by commonjunks
  • Praise 1

8 minutes ago, commonjunks said:

The thing i didn't understand, they said first diagnosed person. Does it mean, she was already diagnosed, if yes then how the hell she was at hotel or home and not hospital.
Also story became more funny that she came to A&E, so where she suppose to go picnic spot? I am not aware about UK SOP but like what you said if i get sick in other country i will go to A&E, heck i will go to A&E in Singapore also if i feel sick (of-course in normal sickness i go to clinic but lets say if i know the signs then i will go to A&E, not like i want to abuse A&E).
Maybe A&E in UK didn't got memo to screen people before they enter A&E and infect everyone.

That article mean.. There is a protocol to follow if one is suspect to have that virus... What protocol is not mentioned.. But that protocol is surely not go take taxi and just show up at A&E. Proberly this person need to contact emergency hotline like for Singapore is 995 ( London not sure what emergency no to dial). Then wait for ambulance to come.. This is probably to ensure the contact with others is minimised.. 

The 1st diagnosed person proberly mean she was the 1st case with that virus in UK. 

7 minutes ago, commonjunks said:

I am assuming she is living in London either for work, study, etc. I doubt many tourist will be living in that part of london. She apparently called NHS 111 before heading down to the hospital in a Uber. Not sure what the she was told on the phone. By right NHS was supposed to arrange for an ambulance to pick her up or if she has a car, drive her own car there and wait at the ambulance bay for staffs in protective gear to attend to her.

My suspicious is right that this hospital is not adequate enough to handle coronavirus cos she was transferred to St Thomas'...a much better equipped hospital.

• Praise 1

11 minutes ago, commonjunks said:

She probably was too sick to make an appointment  at the A&E....just my gut feel....😂

• Praise 1

1 minute ago, Yewheng said:

That article mean.. There is a protocol to follow if one is suspect to have that virus... What protocol is not mentioned.. But that protocol is surely not go take taxi and just show up at A&E. Proberly this person need to contact emergency hotline like for Singapore is 995 ( London not sure what emergency no to dial). Then wait for ambulance to come.. This is probably to ensure the contact with others is minimised.. 

The 1st diagnosed person proberly mean she was the 1st case with that virus in UK. 

She is the 1st case in London. There are already a few cases in the UK, include that guy who went to Grand Hyatt in Singapore and infected a few others at a french ski resort.

• Praise 1

1 minute ago, Silver_blade said:

She is the 1st case in London. There are already a few cases in the UK, include that guy who went to Grand Hyatt in Singapore and infected a few others at a french ski resort.

Don't know.. This one need UK side to do contact tracing and etc to determine those with close contact got virus or not.. Hopefully those tio called up and check and result show negative.. 

• Praise 1

I don't want to trivialise this video cos I'm tearing while watching this. Tough stuff to take for any parent. 

Edit. Seems to be some claim that it's carbon monoxide poisoning? 

Edited by Lala81
  • Sad 13

54 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

the guy who went to 西藏 has been fully recovered. Interestingly, he was already a carrier when he was on the train to 西藏, yet no one on the same train was infected? How could that be possible that 西藏 has zero case  now considering the virus is so contagious?

Could be the high attitude?

• Praise 1

4 minutes ago, Yewheng said:

Don't know.. This one need UK side to do contact tracing and etc to determine those with close contact got virus or not.. Hopefully those tio called up and check and result show negative.. 

UK's contact tracing is probably not great.

• Praise 1

3 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

I don't want to trivialise this video cos I'm tearing while watching this. Tough stuff to take for any parent. 

Edit. Seems to be some claim that it's carbon monoxide poisoning? 

Oh this. Sickening sight.  They were putting 3 bodies in one body bag. Poor kids,  what did they do to deserve this?! 

• Sad 1