COVID-19 Outbreak: 313 Confirmed Cases in SG, 117 Discharged, 15 Critical (18 Mar)

Carbon82

5 minutes ago, yishunite said:

Pls dun talk rubbish. Johor sales and tourism is way down thanks to Sgeans staying away

Not i say wan... ur fav newspaper say

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/se-asia/coronavirus-business-slowdown-in-johor-due-to-drop-in-singapore-visitors

One suggestion, sell all the goods to locals at lower price, first to keep business going, create cash and revenue to survive. Make use of our local's saving to upkeep the economy. So all will benefit. Business able to sustain, Locals get lower price, Gov can subsidize less for these business and help those critical ones. Once after this crisis, business will be able to get new stocks and new businesses to continue. 

Actually I sometimes feel I tok kok lah. But I sometimes feels HK is doing this way, they will sell cheap if the situation and economy is not so good. I take for example on my Sony stuffs, I come back SG and ask, they don't give discount. I check in HK, they give up to 20%. 

How about getting CCS to give this suggestion to all our businesses🤣🤣🤣

• Praise 1

I just noticed, there are quite a number of local cases where the patient visited GPs multiple times and took quite a few days to eventually be confirmed as infected. Most took more than 4 days.

In such cases, does GP actually dispense mask to these patients? CCS gamble with 4 mask not enough for these people leh.

21 minutes ago, RadX said:

SK champion now

we no fight

The Daegu sect cluster began with a 61-year-old woman who first developed a fever on February 10 but attended at least four services before being diagnosed.

Local media said she had twice refused to be tested for the coronavirus on the grounds she had not recently travelled abroad.

u just need 1 super spreader and thats it

• Praise 3

On 2/20/2020 at 9:18 AM, Weez911 said:

Again, back of envelop calculation, we will need about approximately 825m masks for a usage of 5 months for 5.5m population.

Before this virus outbreak, a box of 50 masks costs $6. If the govt is making bulk purchase, I'm confident we can get it at $5 max, possibly less. This will equate $0.10 for a mask, or $82.5m over 5 years as the masks have useful life of 5 years, giving us $16.5m per year if we stagger our purchase over 5 years. This is only 0.1% of our 2019 MINDEF expenditure of $15bn.  

Or 1.9% of PMO annual budget at $872m.

For my NS post, I was trying to emphasize the importance of preparation. But IB logic is we don't need to prepare for a viral outbreak event since they don't happen regularly.

It is obvious G has not prepared for this scenario whereby all major mask producing countries decided to ban exports.  

But we also need to recognize the other cost in many other scenarios. ie. stockpiling of N95 in a scenario whereby the next virus could be airborne (which is more expensive) and other costs like maintenance and warehousing cost. 

I think besides stockpiling, the next most sensible option is to inculcate a wear-mask-while-you-are-sick culture, then every family will stockpile some masks at all times (most PRC and Japanese do that).

I not IB hor, i will continue to vote opposition till the PAP 2/3 majority in parliament is bye bye. 

Edited by Voodooman
  • Praise 6

26 minutes ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Gov already have such facilities to house this peoples. (can house 3000 pax)

Aloha Loyang bungalows (at Jalan Loyang Besar after Cherryloft Resorts & Hotels who used to be owned by East Coast Park chalets) and beside the sea (Pasir Ris Park). Nice facilities with swimming pool. 

Aloha bungalows are actually for Civil Servants to apply for relax stay-cation with family and now all had been cancelled until further notice.  -_-

Oh yah hor...totally skipped my mind...

swimming pool to use as chlorine treatment 😝

should send that irresponsible celeb who broke the LOA...let her stay there alone as warning shot...

• Haha! 4

22 minutes ago, Mustank said:

If I got money, I also want to buy Lexus 

Buy lah, can eat eat, can spend spend. Don't wait till got money cannot spend. 

Bro @Tianmo always say, will kena will kena, don't kena also will not kena[laugh]

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 3

1 minute ago, Knoobie said:

I just noticed, there are quite a number of local cases where the patient visited GPs multiple times and took quite a few days to eventually be confirmed as infected. Most took more than 4 days.

In such cases, does GP actually dispense mask to these patients? CCS gamble with 4 mask not enough for these people leh.

I am not sure if GP giving out mask to those who have flue/fever (can't comment as i don't have first hand knowledge), maybe someone who actually work at GP or visited GP can chime in.

But these day everyone having flu/fever think they could have virus. Yesterday at radio heard, employer sending their worker to hospital even they have normal flu/fever and stressing hospitals.

5 minutes ago, Beregond said:

The Daegu sect cluster began with a 61-year-old woman who first developed a fever on February 10 but attended at least four services before being diagnosed.

Local media said she had twice refused to be tested for the coronavirus on the grounds she had not recently travelled abroad.

u just need 1 super spreader and thats it

Go attend church 4 times = 4 chance of massive spreading.. Plus she refused to get tested for the coronavirus at 1st.. Wtf man.. South Korea government should be more firm on this.. If anyone refuse to comply order to get rested with the coronavirus, they will be charged to court.. This one is no joke.. Need everyone cooperation.. 

• Praise 1

3 minutes ago, yishunite said:

I guess our 3rd world mentality not as bad as stone age mentality 🙄

I haven't heard even most 3rd world countries doing that to their own people, i am pretty sure if their own family member would be in that bus then they wouldn't be doing that. Same mentality, not concerning me not my problem.

A China lady posted firsthand account of staying in NCID. Really impressive facility, I am really proud of what we have really.

But I really scared that China people will chiong here when outbreak happen again after watching this impressive video. Really world different compare to waiting to die in home country.. Free some more.

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 2

11 minutes ago, commonjunks said:

I am not sure if GP giving out mask to those who have flue/fever (can't comment as i don't have first hand knowledge), maybe someone who actually work at GP or visited GP can chime in.

But these day everyone having flu/fever think they could have virus. Yesterday at radio heard, employer sending their worker to hospital even they have normal flu/fever and stressing hospitals.

How is the employer supposed to know if a normal flu/fever is not the virus exactly?

10 minutes ago, Yewheng said:

Go attend church 4 times = 4 chance of massive spreading.. Plus she refused to get tested for the coronavirus at 1st.. Wtf man.. South Korea government should be more firm on this.. If anyone refuse to comply order to get rested with the coronavirus, they will be charged to court.. This one is no joke.. Need everyone cooperation.. 

maybe they need a 'Kim' to manage  [sweatdrop]

5 minutes ago, Heartlander said:

A China lady posted firsthand account of staying in NCID. Really impressive facility, I am really proud of what we have really.

But I really scared that China people will chiong here when outbreak happen again after watching this impressive video. Really world different compare to waiting to die in home country.. Free some more.

Once local transmission settles, gahment can start a program to charge China people to come here for treatment thru some application while maintaining the ban on tourist.

but these people come here have to pay for all the special services to ensure wouldn't result in local transmission. 

huat ar!

talk cock only.. 

1 minute ago, Heartlander said:

Now if you read this on other hand 😵 (mean doctor/nurses/medical staff already putting their lives on line to treat those with infection although themselves they know they could be infected and have no medication for this virus)

‘I felt like a leper & a prisoner’: Covid-19 survivor opens up about his experience in NCID

https://mothership.sg/2020/02/wuhan-virus-survivor-anecdote/

• Praise 1

2 minutes ago, yishunite said:

How is the employer supposed to know if a normal flu/fever is not the virus exactly?

How many times have one ran to hospital when they have flu/fever? Shouldn't they go to local GP to get consultation first?

↡ Advertisement