COVID-19 Outbreak: 313 Confirmed Cases in SG, 117 Discharged, 15 Critical (18 Mar)

Carbon82

1 hour ago, Silver_blade said:

I wonder if they run foul with WTO’s free trade. This kind of things, can ‘ban’ quietly eg. Keeping the masks at ports for longer, snapped up all for reserves, etc. No need to tell the whole world about it. 

Many years back, I had a 40ft container of shoes rejected here, factory decided to take it back for rework, the f**king process to clear the container took 10 weeks at fuzhou port.  In between they kept asking for all types of documents, Until the factory buay tahan went to look for 关系to help clear the cargo. Was told it could take up to 6 months if follow what they were doing. And yah they no need to tell the whole world about what is happening at their customs. 

But that was PRC tho, not ROC...[laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Haha! 5

4 minutes ago, commonjunks said:

How many times have one ran to hospital when they have flu/fever? Shouldn't they go to local GP to get consultation first?

And u notice the cases of those who went to gp 3-4 times before being confirmed as covid19? U really think in crisis time treat it on assumption of normal cold is correct?

Just now, yishunite said:

And u notice the cases of those who went to gp 3-4 times before being confirmed as covid19? U really think in crisis time treat it on assumption of normal cold is correct?

Ngam ngam.. they go 3-4 times. No more masks then admit lor.

9 minutes ago, commonjunks said:

How many times have one ran to hospital when they have flu/fever? Shouldn't they go to local GP to get consultation first?

Hopefully not all employers do that. Then there always black sheep in the flock. Sorry cannot say IDIOTS!

Edited by BenTong
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

2 hours ago, Ody_2004 said:

well.. they need to.. imagine tourists flew in and first impression of Changi Airport where 50% of shops were vacant due to poor biz and closed down..

Anyway becareful on road as there's many Taxi and PHV driving aimlessly on road.. kenna so many these days as they just cut from no way to street hail.. best part yesterday a PHV pick a passenger on the second lane at a traffic junction when lights is red..... other case is they drive so slow on road hoping someone will appear no where to take their ride..

I understand biz is poor BUT safety still come first.. At least govt/co did help with rental and such.. some biz oredi face 50% pay cut at the mgmt level..

all sectors are hit.. like it or not.. the economy impact is now surfacing.. more to come..

I know driving reckless has no excuse. Recently I am much more tolerant and give way to public transport vehicles as they are really going through a tough time compared to me office worker.

14 minutes ago, commonjunks said:

Now if you read this on other hand 😵 (mean doctor/nurses/medical staff already putting their lives on line to treat those with infection although themselves they know they could be infected and have no medication for this virus)

‘I felt like a leper & a prisoner’: Covid-19 survivor opens up about his experience in NCID

https://mothership.sg/2020/02/wuhan-virus-survivor-anecdote/

Yah that's why my point is that all medical front line, hospitals and clinics shd all be equipped with masks and whatever else they need. Whether or not is public, private it shd be even given out to free for them. Instead the clinics have to buy their own masks, that is if they manage to do so cos supply low, and the G distribute free to all households. That is 5m worth of masks. 

I only hope this is really well calculated and covid19 will go away soon so we will not look back 1 day in regret cos we miscalculated.. 

39 minutes ago, Heartlander said:

A China lady posted firsthand account of staying in NCID. Really impressive facility, I am really proud of what we have really.

But I really scared that China people will chiong here when outbreak happen again after watching this impressive video. Really world different compare to waiting to die in home country.. Free some more.

Donch worry....when that happens many will go on to protest profusely...then they’ll be charged 1mil per bed - ai lai mai shuah 

locals get to stay for free...then expect 11% g hike thereafter 

• Haha! 1

7 minutes ago, yishunite said:

I have no issue if someone have seen GP once and condition still persist but sending someone on first day of their flu/fever to hospital is beyond me. But hey everyone have opinion, if you think it is alright to send someone one first day of their flu/fever to hospital then my opinion or anyone else doesn't matter (i am referring to my original post not the case when someone visited GP 3-4 times).

1 hour ago, RadX said:

SK champion now

we no fight

time to change your name again liao, Miso Ajinomoto out of fashion liao.

Lets start with surname, Kim, Park or Lee for you? [:p][laugh][laugh]

• Haha! 1

29 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

maybe they need a 'Kim' to manage  [sweatdrop]

Sometimes all we need is Kim style management to ensure the whole public health and safety.. 

Edited by Yewheng
  • Haha! 1

9 minutes ago, commonjunks said:

I have no issue if someone have seen GP once and condition still persist but sending someone on first day of their flu/fever to hospital is beyond me. But hey everyone have opinion, if you think it is alright to send someone one first day of their flu/fever to hospital then my opinion or anyone else doesn't matter (i am referring to my original post not the case when someone visited GP 3-4 times).

Ya lor.. If like that hospital staff will be overworked x 2.. Worst still it take up precious time to deal with emergency cases.. 

• Praise 1

We’re not out yet

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/society/article/3051688/coronavirus-115-new-deaths-confirmed-hubei-officials-report-411

Recovered patients may still be infectious
In a grim assessment, a key Chinese respiratory disease expert described the situation of the epidemic as a “see-saw battle”, despite the drop in daily recorded cases in recent days.
“We should not be relaxed. The figure may go up again,” said Zhao Jianping, head of an expert team working to contain the outbreak in Hubei.
Zhao told the magazine Southern People Weekly there were cases in China in which recovered patients continued to show traces of the virus through nucleic acid tests. There were similar results in Canada, where nose and throat swabs taken from a couple who had recovered from Covid-19 revealed they still had traces of the virus.

• Praise 3
  • Shocked 3