COVID-19 Outbreak: 313 Confirmed Cases in SG, 117 Discharged, 15 Critical (18 Mar)

Carbon82

3 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Only one new case which also link to other confirmed case, seems like good news. Hope to see zero case coming soon. 

most importantly community spread is curb

but the biggest worries is super spreader like s.korea case

1 non symptom can infect 20-30 pax ... [sweatdrop] 

Edited by Wt_know
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

8 hours ago, Galantspeedz said:

my personal POV, not advisable to reuse mask especially if you come back from clinic.

It's interesting that your GP friends find trouble getting stock from suppliers while i see even small hardware shops having supplies for sale but at cut throat price.... could it be because it hits their bottom line?

After all, the clinics are presumably expected (by public) to give it out for free for sick patients as compared to shops selling it.

Again my personal point of view, G distributing to households is more effective and fair than distributing to clinics.

1. only those who really need or want will bother to take it

2. There is no assurance clinics will give out to those that really needs it

3. GP is a private practice

4. Different GPs will have different volume of customers

Bro I'm not surprised from your POV. I commend the G for doing a good job in not driving up demand and causing panic like in tw and hk. Had I not fell ill during the cny period I will have thought same as you. 

But I was unfortunate enough to witness first hand the shortages of masks in the clinics, while the G feels it's more impt to activate an army to distribute to households. 

I will be perfectly OK had they ensured all clinics, medical institutions , public or private are adequately equipped before giving out to everyone else. 

• Praise 5

15 minutes ago, Matoonia said:

Bro I'm not surprised from your POV. I commend the G for doing a good job in not driving up demand and causing panic like in tw and hk. Had I not fell ill during the cny period I will have thought same as you. 

But I was unfortunate enough to witness first hand the shortages of masks in the clinics, while the G feels it's more impt to activate an army to distribute to households. 

I will be perfectly OK had they ensured all clinics, medical institutions , public or private are adequately equipped before giving out to everyone else. 

My daughter was ill over CNY and is respiratory problems, brought her to clinic, paid $200 to see GP because is CNY though GP not chinese lol.... 

So we have similar experience but no I did not expect govt to provide any masks even then

But now you bring this up, I think G should force clinics to keep a certain amount of masks and medications......lol

• Praise 4

Supercharged
9 hours ago, Voodooman said:

Unless we go to Dorscon Red, G probably have no power to stop large religious gatherings. I understand service at some churches are on going.  

It only takes a couple more church cluster cases to trigger our G into action mode.  Don't need DORSCON Red also can announce special measures one.

6 minutes ago, Galantspeedz said:

My daughter was ill over CNY and is respiratory problems, brought her to clinic, paid $200 to see GP because is CNY though GP not chinese lol.... 

So we have similar experience but no I did not expect govt to provide any masks even then

But now you bring this up, I think G should force clinics to keep a certain amount of masks and medications......lol

Good on you bro. I hope she is well now. I also have 2 daughters and as parents I rather I be sick than them. That's why I was very anxious when I had no masks and hid myself in my room to avoid contact. After this episode I realise I could have been more prudent to provide security for my family. Will stock up enough on all these essential items from now on. 

Cheers and have a good weekend! 

• Praise 4

14 minutes ago, Didu said:

It only takes a couple more church cluster cases to trigger our G into action mode.  Don't need DORSCON Red also can announce special measures one.

Choi! Why u so like that? Go 🧽 your mouth 

• Haha! 4

18 minutes ago, Didu said:

I am sure messages have been subtly sent.  

A couple more church clusters would bring us to Red. Too late.

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Wt_know said:

Looks like staying in a same confined environment with an infected person  for extended duration would get much higher chance to be infected..so far we see cases spreading in churches  but we dont see wide spread spreading from shopping center or offices etc. So while  try to be as BAU as possible , i personally think should avoid staying in a confined place for too long, if possible, avoid going to a confined place for the time being. 

28 minutes ago, Matoonia said:

Good on you bro. I hope she is well now. I also have 2 daughters and as parents I rather I be sick than them. That's why I was very anxious when I had no masks and hid myself in my room to avoid contact. After this episode I realise I could have been more prudent to provide security for my family. Will stock up enough on all these essential items from now on. 

Cheers and have a good weekend! 

You too... COYG!!!!

1 hour ago, Wt_know said:

Hopefully community spread really curb. And this virus is contained within confirmed cases. 🙏

• Praise 1

@RadX I think can change back SG name liao.

Numbers of infected we lose, but number of recovery and percentage of recovery over infected, I think we number one, overtaken Thailand liao...[laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Haha! 2

6 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Hopefully community spread really curb. And this virus is contained within confirmed cases. 🙏

Don't be happy too soon.. other countries are still in trouble, like SK.

Any of those come in and mingle with our people and tio, we are back to square one

• Praise 5
  • Shocked 2
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Didu said:

No way DORSCON will raise to red, looking on the optimistic situation we are going forward. 👍

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4