COVID-19 Outbreak: 313 Confirmed Cases in SG, 117 Discharged, 15 Critical (18 Mar)

Carbon82

[Sent by Gov.sg]

*COVID-19: 23 Feb Update*

As of 12pm:
New cases: 0
Total confirmed: 89
Discharged today: 2
Total discharged: 51
Total still in hospital: 38

Most in hospital are stable or improving. 5 are in the intensive care unit.
More: Go.gov.sg/moh23feb

*Travel advisory*

With the situation in Korea, MOH advises travellers to avoid non-essential travel to Daegu and Cheongdo. MOH also reminds the public to exercise caution when travelling to the rest of Korea.

From 23 Feb, the definition of suspect cases will be expanded to include persons with pneumonia or severe respiratory infection with breathlessness who had been to Daegu and/or Cheongdo, within 14 days before onset of symptoms.

Details: Go.gov.sg/moh23feb-rok

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 7

3 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

I can bet that many country heads are hoping for WHO to announce that COVID-19 is as mild as common flu... 

while the fatality rate is low, the problem is the infection rate is very high  associating with sudden development of  short breath and rapid deterioration into severe pneumonia , so hospitals have to take in all confirmed cases as no one knows which confirmed case would be  the next requires an  emergency treatment , this lead to severe overloading of medical facilities and profession like doctors and nurses.

• Praise 4

11 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

I can bet that many country heads are hoping for WHO to announce that COVID-19 is as mild as common flu... 

Still too early to... Those cases with unidentified source may be a time bomb, and not forgetting situations in Korea, Japan, Italy, etc. 

Remaining vigilant and be personally responsible is still the best defense for us now, till the whole episode is over. And be prepared that it will be a long road to full recovery.

Everyday, we have > 50 flights from various parts of Indonesia touching down at Changi. 

https://mothership.sg/2020/02/japanese-man-indonesia-covid-19/

• Praise 4

its a weekend and i have been down the rabbit hole on the net reading up opinions and stuff on this. There is a prescient one on 4chan posted in Jan that that mentions italy, further mutations, and a timeline for market crash. Of course a stopped clock is correct twice a day and all that

18 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

MOH also reminds the public to exercise caution when travelling to the rest of Korea.

This is very good advice and I did it already.

I said "take care" when I sent my MIL to the airport for her flight to Korea.

I very responsible right?

:grin:

Edited by Jamesc

3 minutes ago, Karoon said:

its a weekend and i have been down the rabbit hole on the net reading up opinions and stuff on this. There is a prescient one on 4chan posted in Jan that that mentions italy, further mutations, and a timeline for market crash. Of course a stopped clock is correct twice a day and all that

So what time is the crash?

:grin:

6 minutes ago, Blueray said:

Zero case ...

Pah tee ...

well.. this could lead to complacency and people let their guard down..

Today I see more people carry on their life/routine which is good. Just practice good hygiene  

• Praise 5

On 2/22/2020 at 8:27 PM, Turboflat4 said:

Protect our borders and you protect our population. Also true. 

Malaysia and Singapore should make a concerted effort to temp ban influx of individuals from countries with obviously poor control measures. Like SK at present. 

Let me add to this.

protect our own peoples and you will secure your election outcome.

• Praise 2

15 minutes ago, Blueray said:

Zero case ...

Pah tee ...

2ff7c8247dba811ba161c643b89d20e1.gif

Well we definitely don't need any kind of fever, even on Sat night (or Sun night). 😁

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Haha! 3

9 minutes ago, Ody_2004 said:

Today I see more people carry on their life/routine which is good. Just practice good hygiene  

yeah, i agree.

today went SS for groceries, during my 15 min trip I saw 2 people having non-dry coughs and not wearing masks. 

11 minutes ago, Ody_2004 said:

Yes, have to continue to practice good hygiene even no more covid-19, but now still early to say.

• Praise 3

Italy races to contain COVID-19 outbreak as cases rise to 132

Health authorities are struggling to work out how the outbreak started. The first cases were announced only on Friday and doctors do not know the source of the illness.

Initial suspicion in Lombardy fell on a businessman recently returned from China, the epicentre of the new virus, but he has tested negative. In Veneto, doctors tested a group of eight Chinese visitors who had been to the town that was home to the first fatality, but again, they all tested negative.

"We are (now) even more worried because if we cannot find 'patient zero' then it means the virus is even more ubiquitous than we thought," said Veneto regional governor Luca Zaia.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/world/coronavirus-italy-covid-19-outbreak-new-cases-12462248

mama mia ... [sweatdrop]

9 minutes ago, Blueray said:

yeah, i agree.

today went SS for groceries, during my 15 min trip I saw 2 people having non-dry coughs and not wearing masks. 

I guess such habit cannot be change easily whether or not there is covid-19 going on.

18 minutes ago, RadX said:

Got one case 

pinoy... shd b under tmr quota 

Bro if not publicly released, shouldn't say. 

Especially if get from an official source. Then can kena OSA. 

If from whatsapp or simi sai, can still kena POFMA. 

Anyway, I never release this info until made public and of course never any patient details I am privy to. As much as I poke fun at the MIW, I still play ball for serious things like this. 😂

Based on this ah? https://www.mothership.sg/2020/02/philippines-confirmed-covid-19-case-singapore/

🤣

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

3 hours ago, 13177 said:

At last no new confirmed cases. 👍 Please stay in this way. 🙏

While the rest of the world explodes with infected patients?

A little difficult to survive given we have no natural resources.

Time to ramp up local farming but I prefer more vegetable farms :grin:

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1