COVID-19 Outbreak: 313 Confirmed Cases in SG, 117 Discharged, 15 Critical (18 Mar)

Carbon82

3 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

The last wave of outbreak will be in US. Once their stingy govt makes a decision to blanja the cost, then they will have a chance to beat this virus. I'm looking at May to June. 

After US manage to contain this, then we will see an end of covid... eagerly await.

The biggest hindrance for US containment is Donald Trump.  He only thinks about his reelection.

That's not the end of COVID.  The worry is still China.  Public health is NOT China top priority.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

(edited)
36 minutes ago, Windwaver said:

It's more like when people sing, their water droplets from mouth (saliva) flies into the person nearby into nose and mouth.

In other words, people in the same vicinity are exchanging their saliva :psychotic:

If you've ever been to a rock concert, especially a metal one, you'd know how much of a risk it is. 

People in extremely close contact.

All standing up, squeezing to the front, pressing on each other. 

Damn excited, panting with a very high respiratory rate. 

Singing along, even screaming. Inocula of whatever infectious agent they may be harbouring on their vocal folds and throat being dislodged. 

Often sharing alcohol and tokes from a cigarette (latter not as common here). 

Injuries not uncommon, especially in more extreme metal with a moshpit (thankfully Scorpions/Whitesnake is not that kind of metal, just hard rock and mild metal). 

Toilets not clean. Full of puke and... other stuff.

In short, sharing droplets of saliva, sweat, aerosolised vomitus and even blood. 

Any virus would have a rocking good time. 

The gig should never have gone ahead in my view. They moved it to an indoor venue some more. All you need is one infectious person. And that's not at all inconceivable. People will go to see their idols even when sick, as long as they're ambulant. Which a lot of COVID-19 patients are, at least in the early stages. This actually just happened in NZ with another metal concert. Now I'm waiting to see what comes of our concert on the 5th of March. 

By the way, foreigners come here in droves to follow the bands. So it's not all locals. 

If common sense is not going to prevail, the gahmen must enforce it. Which is why I was especially disappointed when the Health Minister reiterated "categorically" that he wasn't even considering going to RED. 

I don't agree with that messaging at all.

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 3

10 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

The last wave of outbreak will be in US. Once their stingy govt makes a decision to blanja the cost, then they will have a chance to beat this virus. I'm looking at May to June. 

After US manage to contain this, then we will see an end of covid... eagerly await.

Based on my reading, i am not seeing an end to this by Jun-Jul 2020.  The science behind the hypothesis that summer / heat will contain this virus is at best speculative at the moment. 

SARS took us 6 months and almost all infected were feverish and it is not as contagious, the science i read on Covid-19 says this will likely become another H1N1, which is still with us till today, 11 years later. Best case is it mutates to a weaker strain (ie. D or E....). 

• Praise 5

2 minutes ago, Mockngbrd said:

Go red den toilet paper gone again 

Use water wash. Tell LBW to go to hell if she wants to justify raising prices again. Tell her to have more "awareness" herself.

• Haha! 2

5 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

Based on my reading, i am not seeing an end to this by Jun-Jul 2020.  The science behind the hypothesis that summer / heat will contain this virus is at best speculative at the moment. 

SARS took us 6 months and almost all infected were feverish and it is not as contagious, the science i read on Covid-19 says this will likely become another H1N1, which is still with us till today, 11 years later. Best case is it mutates to a weaker strain (ie. D or E....). 

Not just that. The Southern Hemisphere is moving toward winter and they already have cases. This thing will be bouncing between the hemispheres if not controlled. It will come back in waves like the 1918 "Spanish" flu (in quote marks because I believe the origin was probably French, anyway, it became a massive global problem). 

• Praise 3

9 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

If you've ever been to a rock concert, especially a metal one, you'd know how much of a risk it is. 

People in extremely close contact.

All standing up, squeezing to the front, pressing on each other. 

Damn excited, panting with a very high respiratory rate. 

Singing along, even screaming. Inocula of whatever infectious agent they may be harbouring on their vocal folds and throat being dislodged. 

Often sharing alcohol and tokes from a cigarette (latter not as common here). 

Injuries not uncommon, especially in more extreme metal with a moshpit (thankfully Scorpions/Whitesnake is not that kind of metal, just hard rock and mild metal). 

Toilets not clean. Full of puke and... other stuff.

In short, sharing droplets of saliva, sweat, aerosolised vomitus and even blood. 

Any virus would have a rocking good time. 

The gig should never have gone ahead in my view. They moved it to an indoor venue some more. All you need is one infectious person. And that's not at all inconceivable. People will go to see their idols even when sick, as long as they're ambulant. Which a lot of COVID-19 patients are, at least in the early stages. This actually just happened in NZ with another metal concert. Now I'm waiting to see what comes of our concert on the 5th of March. 

By the way, foreigners come here in droves to follow the bands. So it's not all locals. 

If common sense is not going to prevail, the gahmen must enforce it. Which is why I was especially disappointed when the Health Minister reiterated "categorically" that he wasn't even considering going to RED. 

I don't agree with that messaging at all.

Yah man, just as you praised the gov with some good takes,  I too agree with you I am really quite disappointed with the gov for not intervening in this incident.  

Even if they did not turn it red, the very least is to send a letter "advising" the organizer to cancel or postpone it. 

Another big f**king cluster waiting to happen,  and this one will be the biggest cluster of them all.  Because it will be the SG island cluster.  <_<

This cluster I think Yishun included liao.  [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 5

16 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

But at least there is vaccine for the H1N1.

Italy just locked down 16m people. I can't imagine US doing the same thing. 

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Tianmo said:

Stay just outside of yishun also can lah, now jurong is the most dangerous place liao...  [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Iseten closing down sale?

Mass orgy :=B:

13 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

But at least there is vaccine for the H1N1.

Italy just locked down 16m people. I can't imagine US doing the same thing. 

http://ready.nj.gov/about-us/state-of-emergency.shtml

Does a State of Emergency mean you aren't allowed to go anywhere or do anything until it's lifted?
Answer:
The Governor's declaration does not normally restrict citizen movements or activities. The State may limit access to affected areas due to concerns for public safety but will notify the public of these restrictions. If it is necessary to impose vehicular or personal movement restrictions, the New Jersey Office of Emergency Management will alert the public using all available means, including, but not limited to: the Emergency Alert System, urgent press releases, DOT highway signs, law enforcement teletypes, etc. Every effort will be made by NJOEM to facilitate safe passage for utility, health care and emergency services workers whose presence is necessary for public safety or in response to the Emergency.

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, Kenzo13666 said:

look like outbreak will last a while

lots of small companies will fold-up

economy in deep deep recessiom

pray for the best

COE go down or not?

:grin:

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

5 hours ago, Kyrios said:

In some ways true, but for a society where the gahmen decides for us almost everything, the culture to rely on govt officials is very pervasive here in SG. We all can self help but i still think the govt can set the tone by cancelling more mass crowd events. 

Godspeed.

Yah lah

People have accident

also blame gov

traffic lights design no good.

:grin:

• Haha! 3

Supercharged
3 hours ago, Tianmo said:

Yah,  like safra saying they clear all of temperature.  Let's just do a little maths here.  Say it takes 10 sec to check one temperature,  that is 5 in a min,  and it would take 2 hours to clear all 600 of them.  Even if half that amount would still take 1 hr to clear all 600. 

With the event starting at 5pm,  and ppl arriving almost all at the same time,  did they actually did the check or just go through motion? 

My bro sent me an audio. In the audio,  which sound like a recording between another singing teacher and a reporter,  it sounded like the restaurant had cfm case before the event but did not highlight and did not volunteer to cancel because the amount involved was huge.  But this don't sound quite right to me. 

The 2 singing teacher also refuse to cancel the events because traditionally students will give them big ang baos on these cny events.  

The two cleaning aunties  (one cfm case)  went ahead even though sick because they said they paid $60 for it and cannot go to waste. 

So all like that,  what can we do? [laugh][laugh][laugh]

A glimpse  of some interesting bits after looking at the cases in SG:

- How popular SG is as a traveling destination from Wuhan
- Shopping habits of these Chinese tourist in SG
- Many SG senior citizens like to sing, and some likes to lavish their singing teachers with expensive gifts and ang pows.
- Many of these singing teachers are from China
- Singaporeans are well traveled. They go to places like Wuhan, South Africa, London, Malaysia, Germany, Jakarta, Bantam, and probably more.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

(edited)
17 hours ago, Philipkee said:

[Sent by Gov.sg]

*COVID-19: 7 Mar Update*

As of 12pm:
New cases: 8
Total cases in Singapore: 138
Discharged today: 8
Total discharged: 90
Total remaining in Hospital: 48

Of the new cases, 4 are part of the SAFRA cluster, 1 is linked to a known cluster, 2 are likely to be imported cases, and 1 is unlinked. 

Most in hospital are stable or improving. 8 are in the intensive care unit - 1 less than yesterday.

*Additional measures in response to growing SAFRA cluster:*
a)     14-day suspension of all activities and classes attended by the confirmed cases at the affected community clubs (CCs) and residents’ committees (RCs)
b)     14-day suspension of all PA-organised singing classes at affected CCs and RCs

Details of affected CCs & RCs: 
Go.gov.sg/moh7mar

At least today is  neutral. 

Case 138
24. Case 138 is a 26 year-old male Singapore Citizen who has no recent travel history to affected countries and regions. He was confirmed to have COVID-19 infection on 6 March afternoon and is currently warded in an isolation room at NCID. He is a close contact of Case 66 and family member of Case 83, and is linked to the cluster at The Life Church and Missions Singapore.

a) Seven of the locally transmitted confirmed cases (Cases 31, 33, 38, 83, 90, 91 and 138), as well as Cases 8 and 9, are linked to The Life Church and Missions Singapore. These six cases are linked to another 23 confirmed cases (Cases 48, 49, 51, 53, 54, 57, 58, 60, 61, 62, 63, 66, 67, 68, 70, 71, 73, 74, 78, 80, 81, 84, 88) who are linked to the Grace Assembly of God.

Could there be cross infection between cluster?

Edited by inlinesix
  • Praise 4